Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the chip of the WIFI?

Comment

WiFi is SCI 9082C

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post
        WiFi is SCI 9082C
        Thanks ... I do not understand Videostrong, why invent a new one? There is a chip 8189etv used in many boxes. It would be possible to roll back to Android 6 (X96, T95X ...) ... it would be possible to get an autoframerate and a working WIFI, and so not fate ... And when the AFR is organized in Android 7 - it is not known!

Comment

WiFi is SCI 9082C
          Just a fancy new name for a Ampak 6255 clone

Comment

Probably a Chinese clone to avoid paying Ampak licence fees.

2.4GHz only WiFi is a bit useless anyway. I'm missing Bluetooth the most.
            There must be a way to use a very common CSR v4.0 USB dongle that powers up when I plug it in.

You could then use the excellent Mi Box 3 BT remote with the ATV ROM.

Comment

There must be a way to use a very common CSR v4.0 USB dongle that powers up when I plug it in.

Yes, I have a BlueTooth dongle and a Mi Box remote clone, wish it would work. My BT Mibox remote clone works out of the box with my Android boxes that have internal BT adapters.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I hope the inclusion of Widevine DRM and HDCP becomes standard on these boxes, this box has me spoiled. My bar for these boxes has moved upward again with this box. Four or more years ago, my hope was to find a box that did not reboot every five minutes. Next bar movement was a box that played videos with Dolby Digital natively. Now this box plays Netflix in 1080P and plays my BlueRay rips with HD audio natively.

At the same time I purchased this box, I purchased the M8S Pro with the 3/16 gig for the purpose of installing Linux, it is really a disappointment when compared to it's little sister, this box. To add injury to insult, the "reset" button is broken, limiting my ability to install different OS's on the M8S Pro.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

It would be a funny thing to see a box 38 bucks. Minor issues like, Bluetooth Just think if a maufacture took the time and effort to build a box with Level 1/Bluetooth/1000 gig wifi /lan/ Strong Emmc /Fast good memory (Actually with matching memory too ) Working Firmwsre/Throw in some passive cooling with vented design.

Still waiting for that in a China box.
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Well is possible to add support for a common BT stick.
                    I leave that headache to Magendanz if he wants it lol.
                    i do have this boxes (m8s pro/+), but im not in the mood to touch it!

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                      I hope the inclusion of Widevine DRM and HDCP becomes standard on these boxes, this box has me spoiled. My bar for these boxes has moved upward again with this box. Four or more years ago, my hope was to find a box that did not reboot every five minutes. Next bar movement was a box that played videos with Dolby Digital natively. Now this box plays Netflix in 1080P and plays my BlueRay rips with HD audio natively.

At the same time I purchased this box, I purchased the M8S Pro with the 3/16 gig for the purpose of installing Linux, it is really a disappointment when compared to it's little sister, this box. To add injury to insult, the "reset" button is broken, limiting my ability to install different OS's on the M8S Pro.
                      I still think this box can do 4k netflix with the right tweaks. I had a strange thing the other day with my wetek, could play hd netflix fine, then I changed some inputs and it broke hdcp, which then changed the widevine level to 3, which then changed the netflix esn. Worried I'd broken it, I rebooted it, did DRM check and it said level 1 again, and played hd netflix again.

So I don't think that there is such thing as certified netflix support, just a check for the right drm, which this box has. What netflix does limit software based, as wetek just changed some thing and did tweaks and was able to get 4k, having only been capable of 1080p before the update to mm. ( Pre update, no 4k, post update 4k).

​​​​​​

​​​​​

Comment

4K Netflix definitely needs HDCP 2.2
                        There are no workarounds regarding that stringent copy protection requirement on all media player platforms. 4K Amazon Video if I checked would be exactly the same.
                        Remember WeTek have HDCP 2.2 in the Hub/Play2 along with most of the other DRM certificates. MM Firmware also introduced something needed by 4K Netflix as well vs the previous Lollipop.

There is a bug in WeTek Hub/Play2 MM Firmware if you change the GUI refresh rate say in SPMC/Kodi so that it is now different to that of the Android Settings - systemwide Screen Resolution refresh rate, and then minimise the Apps back to the desktop GUI. Hence creating a conflict.

DRMInfo - HDCP will then report as "unprotected" and the only way to get it "protected" again is to go into Android settings and change the Screen Resolution to something else and hit Cancel. This triggers a HDMI Handshake and re-checking of HDCP.

The other option is of course to reboot.

Comment

4K Netflix definitely needs HDCP 2.2
                          There are no workarounds regarding that stringent copy protection requirement on all media player platforms. 4K Amazon Video if I checked would be exactly the same.
                          Remember WeTek have HDCP 2.2 in the Hub/Play2 along with most of the other DRM certificates. MM Firmware also introduced something needed by 4K Netflix as well vs the previous Lollipop.

There is a bug in WeTek Hub/Play2 MM Firmware if you change the GUI refresh rate say in SPMC/Kodi so that it is now different to that of the Android Settings - systemwide Screen Resolution refresh rate, and then minimise the Apps back to the desktop GUI. Hence creating a conflict.

DRMInfo - HDCP will then report as "unprotected" and the only way to get it "protected" again is to go into Android settings and change the Screen Resolution to something else and hit Cancel. This triggers a HDMI Handshake and re-checking of HDCP.

The other option is of course to reboot.
                          Thanks, the hdcp is not 2.2, that's why no 4k.
                          That was the same for wetek play 2 before mm update tho?

Comment

Originally posted by Macen View Post

. . .

wifi on this box is really horrible, i'm getting 13 mb/s on this box... and i'm getting 73 mb/s on my phone (s7)
                            both connected to same wifi, and same distance to the router.. hopefully this isn't a hardware, but software issue ..
                            Hmmm !

Just got my M8SPro+ really quick delivery - only 8 days from CN

Short story - This box destroys my ADSL connection - When HDMI is connected it stops the ADSL-Router from working.

Long Story ...

Plugged in M8SPro+ and connected to TV (HDMI of course)
                            Connected to my normal home WiFi
                            Tried to add from the Play Store but store wouldn't load ??
                            Checked Settings and the WiFi kept disconnecting and reconnecting every 10-20 seconds with only a few seconds up-time.

Deleted the SSID and connected to my secondary SSID - Same router, same channel but this one stays connected - strange !

But...
                            Speed is really, really slow - first App takes 20 minutes to install (Speedtest.net)
                            Check my speed on my phone and desktop and same thing terrible connection - almost Zero down-speed but normal up-speed.

Delete the Wi-Fi and switch it off - connect with Ethernet - still terrible.
                            Router keeps losing ADSL link and having to re-sync and connect Internet ...
                            I have had trouble with my home broadband connection before and thought it may be an actual fault with the ADSL-Router or the incoming connection.
                            My Broadband supplier checked the system and declared everything OK from their end.

I tried different combinations of switches and channels and lots of Router re-boots but nothing helped.

Then I switched off the M8SP+ and the connection stabilised and was almost back to normal (used to be a steady 4.8Mbps and is now a steady 3.6Mbps - maybe a bit of self adjusting will occur and I will get back to 4.8 ?)

I have now tried switching the box On/Off many times and all is well, just as long as the HDMI cable is not connected - I have tried 2 other cables and same result - as soon as the HDMI is plugged in (both ends) my ADSL fails to get any meaningful Download connection - remove it and all is back to normal.

This is all without any Wi-Fi or Ethernet connected so there must, I guess, be some major interference being generated by this box when the HDMI is active.

Anybody got any ideas ?
                            Is it just bad HW ? I am still using the stock FW as I thought I would get to see the box in native state before changing to the other vanilla ATV or Android Nexus versions from Magendanz - Shame as I was looking forward to trying them out.
                            No point if just running this box destroys my home broadband connection.

Any ideas gratefully received ....
                            Pete

Comment

Hmmmm I had a kind of similar issue (Wierd in any event) The ip wouldnt confirm on one box. I reset router everything kinda went crazy trying to find out why all my devices wouldnt connect after that device. Reset everything tried with another box and worked reconnected it same crap happened. I actually thought the router was going. Reflashed that box and issues went away maybe a glich or something but waa wierd to say the least.
                              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Hi guys!
                                I am updating my Kodi device (coming from a Raspberry Pi3) due to an 4k Tv Upgrade.
                                Looking for a pure Kodi media player (all data on a NAS).
                                I'm not interested in any DRM media (Prime, Netflix) - I just want a fast kodi, HDMI CEC and support for alle Video (HD, 4k, HDR, 10bit, high bitrate) and Audio HD Codecs.
                                The data on paper looks very good ... is this device the "right one" for me? Does it handle HDR 10bit and support CEC?
                                What's the best way to install Libreelec to that device?

Comment

Working...
                                X