Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lilysgeek View Post

Hello,

if you have made the order in Geekbuying, you can tell us your order number.
    we will help you process the problem.

Thanks!
    Order Number: #4053369

Order Date: 7/2/2017
    Order Status: Shipped

Order Number: #4051710

Order Date: 6/30/2017

Both items have the same shipping information.

2017/7/11 18:16:00 Shipment information received

2017/7/12 21:59:25 Arrived at Sort Facility

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
      Scooter, not sure if you subscribe to Netflix, but if you do, can you give this Netflix version a try. If it works, it will give at least 720p with DD+ (Dolby Digital Plus). Hopefully, if it works, it may even give higher resolutions.

Thanks.
      You will not get Dolby Digital Plus audio on regular Android. You will get that only on certified Android TV devices (or specifically patched custom Android TV firmware like for WeTek Hub from ricardopvz). You also won't get anything higher than 720p with the patched Netflix apk.

Comment

Interesting...I'm actually back on Mecool's factory rom (Nougat) via Gearbest's update. Having spent an enjoyable week or so with Megandanz's ATV rom, I ventured to edit the update's META-INF folder (updater-script) to remove some checks and flashed it via TWRP. The process completed without errors, but on rebooting, I was stuck on the Mecool boot screen.

I next put the original (unedited) update files (factory.update.aml/zip file/recovery.img) on an SD card and rebooted. The box updated itself and rebooted into Nougat - WITH DRM Widevine Level 1 restored!

That modded Netflix apk produces 720p just fine, and the box seems the better for having gone on its travels round the custom rom scene...

SO you can leave home, Martha, and return any time you like. Evidently, my first failed update via TWRP reinstalled enough of the original system for the second normal update to recognize the box and work.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Order Number: #4053369

Order Date: 7/2/2017

Order Number: #4051710

Order Date: 6/30/2017

Both items have the same shipping information.

2017/7/11 18:16:00 Shipment information received

2017/7/12 21:59:25 Arrived at Sort Facility
          please don't worry, both of them have been shipped to you.
          our customer service will check it and give you a reply asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahir View Post
            Interesting...I'm actually back on Mecool's factory rom (Nougat) via Gearbest's update. Having spent an enjoyable week or so with Megandanz's ATV rom, I ventured to edit the update's META-INF folder (updater-script) to remove some checks and flashed it via TWRP. The process completed without errors, but on rebooting, I was stuck on the Mecool boot screen.

I next put the original (unedited) update files (factory.update.aml/zip file/recovery.img) on an SD card and rebooted. The box updated itself and rebooted into Nougat - WITH DRM Widevine Level 1 restored!

That modded Netflix apk produces 720p just fine, and the box seems the better for having gone on its travels round the custom rom scene...

SO you can leave home, Martha, and return any time you like. Evidently, my first failed update via TWRP reinstalled enough of the original system for the second normal update to recognize the box and work.
            what's the link for the rom you have been running, and is it made for this device?

Comment

I feel this is going to make for a popular device. I can see it becoming difficult to get a hold of soon and maybe even a price rise on the cards once it's popularity increases.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz
                Just wanted to point out that the Android TV 7.1 custom ROM for this device's older brother, the M8S Pro (Amlogic q20x reference board with S912 SoC), is now available. As soon as I have development hardware (which I've been assured is on its way), I should have one for the M8S Pro+ (Amlogic p21x reference board with S905X SoC) as well.

So, if you want the pure Android TV user experience on a box you can root, these are currently the two best models to purchase. (And GeekBuying currently has the 2G/16G SKU available for $34.99 USD with coupon code M8SPPS.)
                Would love Android Tv specific for this device. Hopefully can keep widevine 1 intact. Would also love option to root or not as some apps do not work on rooted box. Cheers

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Damac10 View Post
                  Would love Android Tv specific for this device. Hopefully can keep widevine 1 intact. Would also love option to root or not as some apps do not work on rooted box. Cheers

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X using Tapatalk
                  +1 for ATV

Comment

why are people so hyped about netflix support, most smart tv's have netflix built-in, and netflix from this box is max gonna be 720p.

But yes, ATV would be very nice indeed.

Comment

Well is possible to have and it will have ATV with L1 untouched, but not from me, i already have this one i did built a internal ATV rom and is working all fine... but dont ask for it it was only a test for me!
                      I will be doing the "normal" rom, because theirs a lot of ppl that don't like ATV roms... this after i do other 2 boxes that i have in front of it!
                      I explained Magendanz how to fix the A7 GMS problem(that is why you did see now is 1º A7 ATV builds) and we agreed that he does the ATV roms and i will do the "Normal" roms.
                      Why is this? well because i cant and don't have time to maintain 2 rom versions for the same device , and i think nor he.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                        Well is possible to have and it will have ATV with L1 untouched, but not from me, i already have this one i did built a internal ATV rom and is working all fine... but dont ask for it it was only a test for me!
                        I will be doing the "normal" rom, because theirs a lot of ppl that don't like ATV roms... this after i do other 2 boxes that i have in front of it!
                        I explained Magendanz how to fix the A7 GMS problem(that is why you did see now is 1º A7 ATV builds) and we agreed that he does the ATV roms and i will do the "Normal" roms.
                        Why is this? well because i cant and don't have time to maintain 2 rom versions for the same device , and i think nor he.
                        Could to hear When do you think you will have it ready? =)

Comment

Originally posted by Macen View Post

Could to hear When do you think you will have it ready? =)
                          Well from me, only after i make other 2 boxes that i have in front of this one!
                          So it m8 take some time!

Comment

Originally posted by Macen View Post
                            why are people so hyped about netflix support, most smart tv's have netflix built-in, and netflix from this box is max gonna be 720p.

But yes, ATV would be very nice indeed.
                            Just because!
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                              Why (Freaktab )dont give Xannytech status rom develorper ?And maybe some device...

Comment

Originally posted by bajann View Post

Why (Freaktab )dont give Xannytech status rom develorper ?And maybe some device...
                                Well that is not with me, and i think he can apply for it!
                                And give devices, we don't give devices, you need to work a lot for you to get any "free" device.. so the "free" is not free.
                                Imagine this, some store send me a 30$ box to work on it and i will lose lets say 4 days in making a rom for it, that store gets a lot of revenue from your work because they expect some return from the box they sent you, that is how works and you get a 30$ box for a 400 to 500$ worth of work you did on it!
                                So you guys think it that easy and "damn they get lots of free stuff" well is not like that we also work a lot and that is not some boxes that pays it not even close!

Comment

Working...
                                X