Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks John, i will go back and read your comments

no, mine isn't rooted ... but that's desperately what i'm trying to achieve .. "root"

remote no go? ... no probs, i'm using a Rii+ Keypad/Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by JoeySmyth View Post

no, mine isn't rooted ... but that's desperately what i'm trying to achieve .. "root"

I would try to find a way to backup your firmware first as a suggestion but without root, it can be a daunting task.

Comment

Yeah, without root not so straight forward ... anyways, think i'll take the plunge tomorrow (getting late now)

If anything goes belly up i'm not too concerned ... i kinda bought this box to have a *tinker with* (have plenty of other devices)

Comment

Quick question, I've got a MINIM8SII with stock firmware dated 5/8..

I use a generic mini keyboard / touchpad combo rather than the supplied remote, however.....

If I use the power button on the keyboard / touchpad combo it appears to power off the device rather than lock it or put it in standby, to turn it back on again I have to pull the power lead, would that be fixed in this ROM or is that something that should / could be fixed somewhere else ?

Comment

Well i solved my remote problem on the A5. I had a remote from my dead beelink X2 that is the same as the TX5 Pro and it works perfect. Wi-Fi still not working but I can live with that as I use wired connection.

Comment

Thanks for your reply ... how do i find the info about the wifi chip ? (also, i'm using wired ethernet .. so i'm not really concerned if wifi stops working)

Have no "Stock Firmware" ... but the user vidim reckons this firmware [link below] (in posts #183, #184) is COOLEME Box compatible

Quote: "banggood sent for mini M8S II. Firmware for SKU439943 this is COOLEME TV BOX"
              http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...772#post589772

I also, purchased mine from Banggood
              http://www.banggood.com/COOLEME-MB1-...p-1063888.html
              Have to open the device up and look at the chip.
              Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by Calam29 View Post
                think of installing this on a M8SII does everything work IE Wifi.
                As far as i know everything works except remote right now....debating on how to implement....i believe i will provide an extra zip file with the necessary files and you can copy them over.
                Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

I believe there is a setting in settings that you can tell it to go into standby rather then turn off. Let us know if it works.

Comment

ill upload the remote files that i have tonight...Still don't have the nexbox a95x remote.conf if someone can grab....but it might be hard without root ...i have the original a95x with same remote....ill pull the remote from it if someone can test.

Comment

The original a95x should work as it seems that remotes of the same style regardless of manufacturer works as in my X2 remote working on the A5.

Comment

Hmmmm I can un pack and repack the stock firmware but if i unpack this one i get a error when repacking it. Been trying a few things and still same error when re packing the firmware...
                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                          Hmmmm I can un pack and repack the stock firmware but if i unpack this one i get a error when repacking it. Been trying a few things and still same error when re packing the firmware...
                          which firmware..Try checking less boxes when unpacking

Comment

Yours....
                            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                              I have the same problem with my stock firmware.

Comment

would this firmware improve wifi performace on the M8S II also would i lose my Kodi setup etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X