Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
    If not working in both android and LE then it aint the software
    Thanks scooter2014 - I disconnected all cables and then reconnected. All good now.

Comment

Originally posted by Boleh View Post

I am using the other Android TV build but I believe the core is the same

Although I don't have this gray bar issue in Netflix, but my box would randomly reboot while watching Netflix.

Does this ever happen to you?
      I haven't had that problem but sometimes the apps freezes and you can only hear the audio and the progress bar it's still going
      The only problems I have with this box are Netflix related

Comment

Finally I installed a ROM on my box despite being part of the faulty stock

My box came with the KLMAG1JENB - B041 chip and the 20170815.182813.V0321 firmware then I updated to the latest OEM version 20171128.111200.V0928 via OTA
        everything without any problems so I decided to install the Nano ROM via OTA because I couldn't do it via Burning Tool
        then I did all the wipes
        And it works just perfect I love it!
        I feel like trying the Android TV version but I don't want to abuse my good luck with this version

I'm having a few problems some didn't happened while I had the stock version some I'm sure are problems from the stock version :
        • Netflix TV has a gray bar at the bottom
        • After streaming a video for about 1 hour on Kodi the app freezes
        • The power button turns off the box instead of put it in stand by
        • My air play remote can't turn on the box
        • The mouse cursor somethings "jumps" to a corner by itself
        • I can't use Netflix (the TV version and the normal version) while I have the box plugged via AV/Out
        • When I have the box via AV/Out the mouse cursor looks massive
        The ones in red are the ones that really bother me especially don't being able to watch Netflix while I'm plugged via AV because my TV has only one HDMI input
        Anyone knows how can I fix any of this problems?

Thanks

and sorry for the REALLY long post I wanted to be specific about my experience with this box and ROM
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.
        Last edited by Bllq21; 12-29-2017, 04:36.

Comment

Hi, I just updated my M8S Pro+ 2GB/16GB with the 20171216 release and I can't seem to connect using Ethernet.

On power on, I can see the connect light on my network switch light up correctly for the port where my box is connected. But somewhere during the boot process, in the middle of the Nexus booting animation, the LED on the network switch turns off. When fully booted, the system will tell me Ethernet isn't connected no matter if I try to unplug and plug back the cable, on either end.
          Only Wifi works but I'd rather connect it via Ethernet.

Any ideas why it's behaving like that?

Thanks

Comment

Hey,
            it is possible to root mecool M8S Pro+ 2GB/16GB, any link with explanation?

thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by grymorum View Post
              Hey,
              it is possible to root mecool M8S Pro+ 2GB/16GB, any link with explanation?

thanks a lot
              See Post 1

Notes:
              This the underlying OEM firmware for this build is pre-rooted, so this is too.
              The...

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

See Post 1
                Thanks for the answer, could you tell me how to root mecool, I do not understand how to do it

Comment

Originally posted by grymorum View Post

Thanks for the answer, could you tell me how to root mecool, I do not understand how to do it
                  It's already rooted. You don't need to do anything. Mecool rooted it for you

Comment

Originally posted by hansdampf View Post

It's already rooted. You don't need to do anything. Mecool rooted it for you
                    Thanks i understand, but I just want to do root by the moment

Comment

URGENT HELP

How do I return to stock?

The frequency of Netflix crashes are getting infuriating. Please help.

I've tried System -> About -> Update and selected the OTA ZIP. Rebooted int TWRP but during flash I got the error "This is for M8S_PRO_PLUS device but this is p21x"

What other method can I use?

Comment

URGENT HELP

How do I return to stock?

The frequency of Netflix crashes are getting infuriating. Please help.

I've tried System -> About -> Update and selected the OTA ZIP. Rebooted int TWRP but during flash I got the error "This is for M8S_PRO_PLUS device but this is p21x"

What other method can I use?
                        You have to use one of Magendanz "fixed" OTA updates.

p21x

All Amlogic repository
                        Last edited by P.X; 01-02-2018, 15:27.

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

You have to use one of Magendanz "fixed" OTA updates.

p21x

All Amlogic repository
                          http://freaktab.org/3~f
                          Thanks. I have managed to return to stock now.

Bad news is that the Netflix issue persists! with a small difference. Instead of the box going into reboot, the Netflix app would randomly show the error "Could not reach Netflix service (-114)"..

No issue on LibreElec/Kodi 18/Netflix addon; but resolution is limited at 720P

Comment

Thanks. I have managed to return to stock now.

Bad news is that the Netflix issue persists! with a small difference. Instead of the box going into reboot, the Netflix app would randomly show the error "Could not reach Netflix service (-114)"..

No issue on LibreElec/Kodi 18/Netflix addon; but resolution is limited at 720P
                            you could try uninstalling Netflix then re-installing.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship9876 View Post

you could try uninstalling Netflix then re-installing.
                              Did that 37 times. I've also tried all stock roms 20170919 (the one that originally came with my box), 20171124, 20171128.. none works

Comment

I just tried both Nano and Stock and both worked. I ended up with two boxes - a 1/8 GB and 2/16 GB. I got the 1/8 on E- bay and it came "preloaded" with someone else's Netflix and GMail accounts and auto logged in to both. It was advertised as new but obviously it was used. It had a ROM dated 0717 IIRC and it didn't have the flashing problem. I think the chips have "Samsung" on them but I don't recall the other info. It also has a reset button. The 2/16 box (still) has the 0919 ROM and no reset button. I am almost afraid to try flashing it. I think I will play with the older box for awhile first. Also think I will go back to Nano, too much stuff I won't use on Stock. Oh yeah, I flashed using OTA from and SD card. I also use adb to reboot into recovery, sideload Netflix, etc.

Unfortunately the only reason I got this box was to try to download Netflix videos in HD. I have an internet connection that is too slow to stream HD so I thought I could download and avoid buffering. I actually got some version of Netflix to download in HD but it only had 2.0 audio not 5.1. I think this is because Netflix only intends downloading to be on mobile devices that only have two speakers (although there are some Android tablets that support 5.1), I might have to download videos using Kodi or Terrarium.

Anyway, thanks Magendanz for this.

Comment

Guest commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  When updating from stock OEM firmware, you should ensure you've done a data wipe so that you don't have any residual preinstalled apps.

As for Netflix, I recommend the TVStock variant so that you get Netflix for Android TV. That seems to deliver HD more reliably, and the user interface is better designed for a remote control.
                              Working...
                              X