Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEcosse View Post

Seamless, painless upgrade from 825 version of nano variant - simply saved OTA file to SD Card, opened terminal, 'reboot recovery' and 'install' et voila.
    Once completed, just had to re-enable developer options and enable the terminal app (not that it was needed right away but just restoring that function)
    Hi @DEcosse..... I just did this OTA update via USB and it worked perfectly.

Can you please tell me how to re-enable developer options and enable the terminal app.... as I can't seem to find them under settings.

Thanks.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Click 7 times on Settings->About->Build.

Yes
    Use the Burn Card maker - follow the instructions from the Download site (plus the notes in the few posts immediately above)
    I was going to install it but I couldn't find the reset button so I opened it and I saw it has the KLMAG1JENB - B041 chip
    So that means If I install this ROM I'll break my box, right?

is there any hope for boxes with that chip?
    Attached Files
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Bllq21 View Post
      .... I was going to install it but I couldn't find the reset button so I opened it and I saw it has the KLMAG1JENB - B041 chip
      So that means If I install this ROM I'll break my box, right?
      Well, you do have the 8/15 firmware however and the bad ones predominantly seem to have the 8/29 version - there are at least some reports of successful re-flash with your config i.e. SEC713 & 8/15 firmware
      See here - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...968#post680968

That is NOT necessarily a guarantee however.
      So you need to ask yourself
      Is my box working properly currently and I am at least reasonably satisfied with how it operates with that OEM firmware?
      Do I have option to return it?
      Am I prepared to take the loss if I brick it irrecoverably with no chance of return/refund?

What you could do is to at least just try an OEM OTA firmware update - if it bricks, then you at least have grounds for claim for return/refund/replacement.
      OR - if you wouldn't be too put out by the loss of the investment, just go for it & see what happens

Comment

Well, you do have the 8/15 firmware however and the bad ones predominantly seem to have the 8/29 version - there are at least some reports of successful re-flash with your config i.e. SEC713 & 8/15 firmware
        See here - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...968#post680968

That is NOT necessarily a guarantee however.
        So you need to ask yourself
        Is my box working properly currently and I am at least reasonably satisfied with how it operates with that OEM firmware?
        Do I have option to return it?
        Am I prepared to take the loss if I brick it irrecoverably with no chance of return/refund?

What you could do is to at least just try an OEM OTA firmware update - if it bricks, then you at least have grounds for claim for return/refund/replacement.
        OR - if you wouldn't be too put out by the loss of the investment, just go for it & see what happens

I installed the version 20171128.111200.V0928 via OTA Update and it works really fine the only time it crashed was because I removed some system apps with "LuckyPatcher"
        but other than that it works really fine
        Except that I'm using this box via AV Output and Netflix doesn't works probably because of the screen resolution
        That reason along makes me wanna try another ROM but I'm afraid of bricking the box

I can't return it or ask for a refund
        I'll have to think about it

Comment

I installed the version 20171128.111200.V0928 via OTA Update and it works really fine the only time it crashed was because I removed some system apps with "LuckyPatcher"
          I would think that if you were able to successfully install that update, that you are probably fine to install custom ROM

Except that I'm using this box via AV Output and Netflix doesn't works probably because of the screen resolution
          That reason along makes me wanna try another ROM ..
          Guest would have to comment about that - but suspect if not working in OEM, won't in custom ROM either

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I don't mess with the video processing. My custom ROMs should work the same as the underlying OEM firmware.

Good morning everyone,
          I received my box yesterday and now I have got three small questions and I would be glad if you could help me:
          1. Is it possible for me to flash this firmware? The firmware on the box is V0619 from the 19th of September. How to get to know which chipset is inside? Is there a tool available or do I need to open it?
          2. Where is the difference between nano and stock rom?
          3. Yesterday I tried to watch some YouTube videos but some videos where stuttering while watching. Is this a normal behavior? It made no difference which resolution I choose.

Thanks in advance for your help.
          Last edited by derchrome; 12-23-2017, 11:38.

Comment

Is it possible to install the OTA version if the original firmware version is installed? I don't have a A to A USB cable...

Comment

Originally posted by derchrome View Post
              ... I don't have a A to A USB cable...
              You don't need a cable if you use the BOOT CARD MAKER (NOT the USB Burning Tool)

For your other questions
              1. Just open it up - remove the rubber feet to access the screws
              2. Click on the links to the GApps Packages in the Opening Post and you will see the difference
              3. Was this using Ethernet or WiFi (WiFi performance is quite poor on this box)

Comment

Thank you very much. I have the revision "SEC 725", so it should be no problem. I have downloaded the OTA update copied it to a sd card and then started the update. Everything works fine right now. So I didn't need the Boot card maker or am I wrong? Should I better do it again with the boot card maker?

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Correct. The Bootcard Maker (a.k.a. Burn Card Maker) will enable a burn package (.img file) to install without using a USB cable, but you can always install the OTA update (.zip file) using the Update app or TWRP.

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
                The 1128 firmware seems to be more stable. My box would lock up if I tried playing youtube in 4k, now I can no problem.
                I would also sometimes get a gray bar at the bottom of the screen if I minimized youtube videos, I haven't had that issue yet.
                I’m having that same problem of a gray bar at the bottom of the screen but only appears on Netflix for TV
                I have installed the regular version and it works fine
                did you fixed it or in this ROM has happened to you again?
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I’m having that same problem of a gray bar at the bottom of the screen but only appears on Netflix for TV
                  I haven't seen it happen in the youtube app yet. But to be honest i don't use my m8s pro+ a whole lot.

Comment

Good navidad, I have just gathered this box mecool m8spro + to begin of 0 want to put this rom nexus

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                      Changelog (20171216):
                      • Updated to latest M8S Pro+ OEM firmware (20171128.111200.V0928)
                      • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 using latest OEM kernel
                      • Latest build from Open GApps (20171216)
                      Known Bugs:
                      • Wake from sleep will result in a restart. This seems to be a bug in the underlying OEM firmware.
                      • Clicking on Vision Settings in the setup wizard will launch an unsupported activity in Settings.
                      • You can enable the nav bar in Settings->Display->Statusbar, but may need to toggle back and forth before it will show.
                      Download:
                      Has this latest update affected Dolby Digital audio?
                      I have tried Kodi 17.6 and also LibreElec and cannot get Dolby Digital audio pass through to my AC3 amp.

Comment

If not working in both android and LE then it aint the software
                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I am using the other Android TV build but I believe the core is the same

Although I don't have this gray bar issue in Netflix, but my box would randomly reboot while watching Netflix.

Does this ever happen to you?

Comment

Working...
                          X