Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 MAX TV Box BLACK 4/64GB Amlogic S905X2, Android 8.1, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan,USB3.0, BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tmm View Post
    Hello Xannytech,

I have used your rom but reverted back to stock. Because the new automatic-frame-rate kernel works just with the stock rom.
    The AFR function is a "must have" feature.

TMM
    Open a simple terminal app then:
    Code:
    su
    settings put system key_hdmi_selfadaption 1
    reboot
    Normally if droidlogic.jar has no problem this command activate AFR system wide, some program could override these settings, but we could do nothing about it.
    It's not activated by default because not every tv support all the framerate or framerate change at all. Many users could have problem like black screen and so on if it's activated by default for all for the reason i explained yet. My kernel is yet modded about it but with a different approach. if will not work let me know probably i have to mod also droidlogic.jar.

Anyway if that particular kernel is soo good later on with the creator permission i can use it for my firmwares, actually i'm busy for other works, but, if i got freetime no problem.
    Last edited by Xannytech; 01-06-2019, 20:11.

Comment

My kernel is alpha quality level yet, so I don't recommend it for "production" use. It has some well-known bugs (interlaced video doesn't play via libamcodec, for example, because newer AMLogic kernel have removed the tb_detect driver which does deinterlacing for libamcodec, and the replacement they implemented just doesn't work).

Also it doesn't work on 2/16 boxes because I don't have one at hand, and it's just too different (I'd say, X96 Max 2/ is more different compared to X96 Max 3/4 than MeCool KM9 or Beelink GT1 Mini).

So, it's just my first kernel build for X96 Max (I have a mature 3.14 kernel for X92/Android 6, with vfdd and afrd, if someone is interested). I'm going to work a little on other things for now, and will return then to kernel again - hopefully, AMLogic will release a newer kernel source until then, with (I hope) bugs fixed (and new introduced, as always).

Latest version will boot with Beelink firmware as well, it's just a small change.
      Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

And yes, there's a English README and CHANGES inside the directories, no need to push the Russian version through google translate.

afrd doesn't respect yet the key_hdmi_selfadaption setting yet.. But I'm going to add it in next versions, so you'll be able to enable/disable AFR using the system settings.

Comment

Originally posted by zap View Post
        My kernel is alpha quality level yet, so I don't recommend it for "production" use. It has some well-known bugs (interlaced video doesn't play via libamcodec, for example, because newer AMLogic kernel have removed the tb_detect driver which does deinterlacing for libamcodec, and the replacement they implemented just doesn't work).

Also it doesn't work on 2/16 boxes because I don't have one at hand, and it's just too different (I'd say, X96 Max 2/ is more different compared to X96 Max 3/4 than MeCool KM9 or Beelink GT1 Mini).

So, it's just my first kernel build for X96 Max (I have a mature 3.14 kernel for X92/Android 6, with vfdd and afrd, if someone is interested). I'm going to work a little on other things for now, and will return then to kernel again - hopefully, AMLogic will release a newer kernel source until then, with (I hope) bugs fixed (and new introduced, as always).

Latest version will boot with Beelink firmware as well, it's just a small change.

And yes, there's a English README and CHANGES inside the directories, no need to push the Russian version through google translate.

afrd doesn't respect yet the key_hdmi_selfadaption setting yet.. But I'm going to add it in next versions, so you'll be able to enable/disable AFR using the system settings.
        interesting, it's just a matter of time and i'll give a look into, thanks for the infos.

Comment

Hi trebor

Everything good?

Do you benchmark speed test of USB 3.0 and Lan Gigabit SMB and FTP from box?

Thank's

Comment

• trebor
            trebor commented
            Editing a comment
            Did not check these all yet, would depend a little on the firmware in use.
            Many have this unit now, and I think there would be a scream if there was any huge issues

Please Others can have a go if they wish,

We can wait for yours

I have a faulty H96 Max X2 that I am sending back to the dealer. Is this box a recommended replacement?

Comment

First thanks to Xannytech i installed your rom via USB fixing a x96 max hanging in beelink bootlogo. All works well but i changed the launcher. I found also an interesting rom, tested it and it works well. Seems to be quite pure android, its for gt1 mini and starts with "nexus" bootlogo: GT1_Mini_114N0_Stock-20181230. Works well on X96 max. Installed both firmwares over USB 2.0 Cable, connecting it to USB3.0 port of Box and PC, using amlogic_s905x2_setup_v2.1.6.8. Just connected the cable: No Hdmi, no mouse, no power. Installing passed without any errors/problems.All beelink images stopped when deleting the bootloader: error and stop, exept the above mentioned one. Again: thanks a lot Xannytech!

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              So can you confirm that wireless chipsets and IR remote codes in my GT1 Mini Nexus custom ROM are also compatible with the X96 Max? (I wasn't sure if that was the case.)

Sorry, did not test it so far and already changed again, so cant test it now. I changed back coz it did not accept my usb hdd....until i learned that the disk was defective:-(

Comment

Guest if you did not removed anything from vendor/etc or in vendor/lib/modules it's compatible for sure, GT1 Mini has just a sligtly different kernel (no GPIO drivers in GT1 Mini) and a different memory partitioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post

I have no solution. It's disappointing that the companies who sell these boxes fail to work out the bugs before they're sold to the public.

I did notice a couple of other X96 Max users also commented that they had the same ethernet issue (they posted it on the forum for XDA developers. No answers there yet either)
                I do have also problems with the Ethernet - as I installed the device the first time, at least an IP was assingened from the DHCP server (without much functionality). But as of todaythe Ethernet isn't recognized anymor (having a x96max with 4/64 GB) and being on stock ROM (last OTA update yesterday, waiting for the USB-A - USB-A cable to try other ROMs)

Comment

Hi.. please help me.. i am using x96max 4/64gb.. i am still new on android box mod.. the problem is my box stuck at boot.. i already try all the method but failed.. i cannot get pass the boot logo..

actually the problem happen when i flash this rom https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...dtv-8-1-s905x2 .. so i flashed using ota zip provide by recovery method.. so stupid....

any one can help me?? Is my box totally brick?
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by omaramiromo View Post
                    Hi.. please help me.. i am using x96max 4/64gb.. i am still new on android box mod.. the problem is my box stuck at boot.. i already try all the method but failed.. i cannot get pass the boot logo..

actually the problem happen when i flash this rom https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...dtv-8-1-s905x2 .. so i flashed using ota zip provide by recovery method.. so stupid....

Hi, have you tried flashing using USB burning tool with USB cable ? this method you use .img files not OTA

Comment

Originally posted by omaramiromo View Post

I've the same Problem as you, but I have flashed the Beelink Rom. I can't get to the Recovery and I've tried with the usb Tool and tried it with an sd card. Nothing will work. Now I bought a 2gb SD card, because I think my 32 GB card are to Big. If someone has another solution, please help. Thanks

Comment

I used a 32GB microSD card no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by uscool View Post

Hi, have you tried flashing using USB burning tool with USB cable ? this method you use .img files not OTA
                          I tried all the solution.. do not work.. after click start and connect the usb.. device is connected but disconnected after few seconds...

I also tried using 2gb sd card and 32 gb sd card.. also not work... using u-boot.bin.. burn card maker.. all not worked..

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post
                            I used a 32GB microSD card no problem.
                            Your device 4/32gb or 4/64gb??

Comment

Working...
                            X