Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XTMOD-ATV X96 Max - GT1 and some U211 devices - S905X2 Android 8.1 [Android TV]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No mess no fun, could never be perfect to everybody anyway. Forgot to say thanks for that good "basis"

Comment

Originally posted by zoelechat View Post
      I meant backup OF internal storage, just in case you've got some personal stuff there.

Sure, using that one from the beginning without any problem, I think I got it here on forum, possible I made flashable zip myself, don't remember...
      twrp.u211-3.2.3-1-signed.zip

Should be included in firmware anyway, would at least save that step, and I really see no valuable reason to persist with original recovery (except laziness maybe )

ps: Beware SD card (="EXT") should be FAT formatted to be browsable from original recovery (yet another nice "advantage" of it )
      If i cant backup the internal storage, how can i backup data partition to restore after a fw upgrade?
      By the way, i used the same version but this version couldnt find any partition to backup for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

Ehm i normally provide twrp in my fws, here i will not until a FULLY working release (so i should build it myself) is out, the normal user do not find problems but there are on partitions.
        So it's up to the user same goes for AFR, that i found could cause problems on some old tv. I prefer to give you a fully flawess working fw, then you can mess with it...
        Anyway, your fw is the best one by far for x96max. Thank you for your hardwork?
        So there isnt a way restore previous settings and apps each time you provide an update?

Comment

Originally posted by metabesk View Post

If i cant backup the internal storage, how can i backup data partition to restore after a fw upgrade?
          /data and internal storage are different partitions. /system, /vendor and so on are also not part of so-called "internal storage".

By the way, i used the same version but this version couldnt find any partition to backup for me?
          TWRP you mean? No idea

Comment

/data and internal storage are different partitions. /system, /vendor and so on are also not part of so-called "internal storage".

TWRP you mean? No idea
            Ah by internal storage you mean tue partition that kernel firmware is installed? if so yes you are right.

İ seem to remember that even i rebooted once and reboot to recovery, after that still no partitions, but heck you made me doubt myself

Comment

Ah by internal storage you mean tue partition that kernel firmware is installed? if so yes you are right.
              "Internal storage" is ONLY user data partition (the one containing DCIM, Download, etc.). No more.

seem to remember that even i rebooted once and reboot to recovery, after that still no partitions, but heck you made me doubt myself
              Well I've edited because I'm not sure to understand what issue you're encountering exactly

Comment

the only way I found to backup the storage is to make a complete copy of the memory with a file browser .. the most important folder is "android", inside this for example the data of kodi.

Comment

Bug: i tried at 2 different places so different internet providers, installing something from play store takes so mich time to start, it says download waiting and more than many minutes you have to wait and sometimes it takes forever.

With aptoide tv it is super fast
                  Last edited by metabesk; 04-27-2019, 19:24.

Comment

"Internal storage" is ONLY user data partition (the one containing DCIM, Download, etc.). No more.

Well I've edited because I'm not sure to understand what issue you're encountering exactly
                    Yes reboot recovery from Twrp solve the problem

Comment

Yes reboot recovery from Twrp solve the problem
                      Got it, now I remember twrp sometimes doesn't see partitions, maybe part of the problem Xannytech told above
                      In general, better try several times, locate, confirm, before report

Comment

İ am experienced about custom roms custom recoveries on so many android device but never have i face a problem like this

Comment

İ am experienced about custom roms custom recoveries on so many android device but never have i face a problem like this
                          the partitions table used in twrp it's wrong...

Comment

Big thanks for releasing the v4!
                            When will the 2g version be available? Cannot wait to try!

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

the partitions table used in twrp it's wrong...
                              At least it cant backup and restore the data and recovery partitions?

Comment

Bug: i tried at 2 different places so different internet providers, installing something from play store takes so mich time to start, it says download waiting and more than many minutes you have to wait and sometimes it takes forever.

With aptoide tv it is super fast
                                Anyone have the same problem with playstore?

Comment

Working...
                                X