Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XTMOD-ATV X96 Max - GT1 and some U211 devices - S905X2 Android 8.1 [Android TV]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

sorry, maybe i misunderstood something do you want to change launcher on a Android Tv Firmware that is based on Android TV launcher?
    If you'd like to add apps to the launcher simply push the plus icon on launcher
    I'd like to change the Launcher, how to?

Comment

Originally posted by kenduvernay View Post

I'd like to change the Launcher, how to?
      Ok, so you're using the wrong firmware, it's better for your use to flash the standard 8.1 firmware: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...-fixes-and-mod
      This one is based on Android Tv system and it's the launcher the main part of it.

Comment

Ok, so you're using the wrong firmware, it's better for your use to flash the standard 8.1 firmware: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...-fixes-and-mod
        This one is based on Android Tv system and it's the launcher the main part of it.
        Ok, thanks. I'm using a T95Q and knowing it will run the GT1 firmware is why I installed this. Additionally I thought this was an update to the version you kinked to above. Maybe theX96 V2.0 would have been a better choice.

Comment

Hello
          The Netflix Not working

Comment

Does anyone know if the Android TV remote control works?

Comment

Rom installed first time with a fresh install of Windows 7 on different laptop. Seems to work perfectly though I only use it to watch video via external USB HDD's. One problem and I think it is an Android problem, it only finds 2 of my 4 external HDD's. The stock image had the same problem. I don't think I will ever get that fixed.

Youtube works at 720p HD whereas stock is SD only. That's a nice change.

Total Commander reports an error stating that "Documents app" is missing so cannot explore further into my HDD problems.

Unless I can install OpenElec or LibreElec.

Installed on X96 Max 4/64

Looking like I am going back to stock in the hope 'they may' release a firmware update that solves my problem.
              Last edited by Charlie_Boy; 01-31-2019, 13:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post
                Total Commander reports an error stating that "Documents app" is missing so cannot explore further into my HDD problems.
                have you granted su permissions? Normally this error happen because you're trying to explore an "android protected" zone.
                your HDDs problem it's due the restricted android policy, libreelec or openelec will not have this kind of issue because it's a linux distro.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlos1993 View Post
                  Does anyone know if the Android TV remote control works?
                  i got two negative report regarding it.

Comment

Originally posted by moshe1974 View Post
                    Hello
                    The Netflix Not working
                    It's honestly not a firmware fault, these device are not level 1 Widevine certified.

Comment

have you granted su permissions? Normally this error happen because you're trying to explore an "android protected" zone.
                      your HDDs problem it's due the restricted android policy, libreelec or openelec will not have this kind of issue because it's a linux distro.
                      Total Commander has SU permissions but gives error about missing Document apk. Kodi has not asked SU for permission but sees only 2 HDD's.

Comment

Total Commander has SU permissions but gives error about missing Document apk. Kodi has not asked SU for permission but sees only 2 HDD's.
                        can you explain how to reporduce the error Total Commander gives?

About your supplemental HDDs i can't do nothing for now, it's a oreo security "issue", probably it's more than a stupid thing like mounting points, anyway you can help me to get where the problem is if connecting the hdds you can give me a logcat.

Comment

can you explain how to reporduce the error Total Commander gives?

About your supplemental HDDs i can't do nothing for now, it's a oreo security "issue", probably it's more than a stupid thing like mounting points, anyway you can help me to get where the problem is if connecting the hdds you can give me a logcat.
                          I am trying to install a decent screen capture apk but not having much luck. Where is logcat found?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Charlie_Boy; 01-31-2019, 16:43.

Comment

I am trying to install a decent screen capture apk but not having much luck. Where is logcat found?
                            Hi there.

For a screenshot this is a good apk

And for a logcat try this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bi5sb2djYXQiXQ..
                            Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                              Thanks, well, tried to give him what he requires but...

Comment

ok thanks fro trying anyway it's better thru adb connecting the device in wireless:
                                adb connect your.ip.num.ber then on click ok on requester on tv screen, then adb logcat > logcat.txt
                                anyway nothing particularly wrong in logcat, so it's not a real issue.
                                About total commander dunno, i can put back documentsUi in next release no problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X