Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A95X F4 "AMLogic 905X4"

yesterday placed a new order for this device "905X4" 4/32

I'v been used A95X F3 Air(905X3) last about 16months,stable firmwares+OTA works always on time!
    well,sure its not best as well but it works very stable+performed

Last month I'v been bought Mecool KM6 Deluxe and used only 3days at all!
    because it doesnt support or no any HDR On/Off selection menu!! so device directly send HDR video signal
    but Mecool has released for this a new firmware but therefore I'v sold this device and do not know after
    what was happened

With this new A95X4 its my second attempt to the new AML Soc 905X4
    w'll see it very soon whats happening!

I'v ordered fm Banggood and seems that they have shipped my parcel today+

++

Meanwhile I'll place another order for the new RK SoC 3566;but I'm kinda confuse with this Boxes
    I'v read some of user reviews that they said that 4K/H265 does not play properly WTF!!
    so I'll wait for final decision because its a very new(RK3566)Boxes and no any detailed pro.reviews yet

Russians are welcome-"Technozone" come on man

Im planning to replace my old one MeCool currently...

So do you rather suggest to take A95X ?

I liked on MeCool KM6 that it doesnt have display and it has Android TV remote control included, but now i have some doubts about the FW you mentioned.

A95X has only IR remote included and other one is extra pay.

I was also thinking if i should take s905x3 - yeah is old , but per those tests is s905x4 just few % faster https://androidpctv.com/comparative-amlogic-s905x4/

Only good thing what i understand that s905x4 has Anroid 10 and the s905x3 is "only Android 9"

price difference between 4GB version is around 15-20euro

Thanks!
    Android devices: Minix X7 (gone) , Minix X8-H , MK808b Plus
    Video Out: Benq W1000+ 1080p Projector
    Audio Out: HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467B + 5.1 Yamaha Speakers
    Remote: Rikomagic MK702 II, Minix NEO M1
    Storage: NAS Zyxel NSA325v2

Comment

As I know that "A95X"(I do not know who is the main manufacturer?) but mine old Box(A95X3 F3 Air 4/64) very stable and it has
      been released 3 or 4 times OTA firmware year of 2010/2011 season,so I do trusted this Brand

-MeCool KM6 Deluxe model;fast and good and it does ATV only and no NetFlix!
      -"Remote" doesnt matter for me IR/BT etc., since a long time I always use to "Air-mouse" and highly recommended
      therefore those Boxes Remotes almost all are suck

-well,"905X3" these are OLD enough,go for 905X4 or at least wait for a couple of months,see whats going on for the 905X4
      so hereafter do not but any 905X3 device or pay more and go to 922(Ugoos&Beelink only)

-Do not believe such as those Tests/Reviews etc., mostly these are fake and such a "marketing" stuff!!!
      you should to be find real "USER" reviews and follow for example FREAKTAB Forum

-"Faster" situation;for me might be about 10% max. that it no more!
      even 905X4 as same 922(for fast action behaviour) because I'v been used Beelink GT King and Ugoos AM6 Pro too!!

-Andro 10 kinda same as 9

Note;I'm not "Gamer" nor a lot Apps etc., installer

-"Picture Quality" 9053 or 4 I do not see any pic.quality difference!!!
      and still RK3399 Boxes with """Mali-860""" is the BEST Picture ever
      G31/51/52.... entry-level at all

++

Comment

Thanks for explaining...

Currently i have Mecool M8S Pro L with s912 which is still good for my use.

s922 cost still too much, s905x3 end of life as u say even seems equally fast as s905x4

also not a gamer, occasionally mostly will be used as media center with Projector

- I ordered A95X, so will see. Only think i dont like is the flashing LED but HW same as MeCool and cheaper 30e
        Even i don't have Netflix yet and prefer ATV, i gave a try...hopefully will be fine for next 2-3y

Remotes:
        I used for long time Rii K13 (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33024777112.html) due to IR learning fuction , but is not that good for ATV anymore, airmouse is not that fast to control

This one seems good https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001721995402.html or BT version https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001922211645.html but BT version doesn't have MIC for Google assistant, not that i would use it daily but is good to have it. So probably i'll take the one Wifi with USB dongle, even BT would be probably better.

Comment

I'v G-10 and used about 3 years and still in work well and good condition

++
          my 905X4 Box (A95X4 F4) arrived customs,probably within couple of days my parcel will be delivered

++
          mostly I'v use such a "Media Player" ext.HDD/IPTV/local some of sources/YouTube etc.,

for "NFlix"(720/1080) I use thru my IPTV server

Comment

Hi guys

Finally I'v got my parcel today morning

its kinda disappointed! because of there is lot of BUGs

note;KM6 Deluxe a little bit more cool! when I used this Box only main issue is HDR on/off(adaptive/always) because its "always" send HDR video signal!

Picture quality as same G31

BUT some of my old and new etc., Apk.s does not work properly with Android "10" !! seems its not compatible with Andro-10

note;check F/W and got a new f/w too OTA update worked fine(my ex Box A95X3 F3 Air seems better then this new one which was Andro-9

but need f/w asap at least Android-10 workable/supported/compatible

tomorrow I'll give you more details or you can ask me

++

YouTube (default) work fine 2/4K60 and HDR work correct too
            Smart YouTube Next (installed and work fine 2/4K60) HDR is OK 60fps

Ext.HDD/Stick work fast and fine

WMV-VC1 1080/60;does not work correctly!!
            >Kodi;stutter/freeze-sound issue
            >MX Pro;as same as Kodi behaviour!
            >Default Media Player;as same

note;with previous A95X3 F3 Air Box(Andro-9) Default Media Player>>Video OK but Audio;No !!

So,you wont play any VC1(1080/60) Video with this Box

"Wallpaper" does not change/work etc., only work one colour/thema!

Remote;does not work some functions! so,you need Air-mouse(which I'v one) seems that its Andro-10 issue

settings>>Picture-DNR;always stay it medium!! you cant change to Off or other functions!

KODI(19.1);Video(ext.HDD connected and playing)>>Settings>Video settings;ZOOM amount;does not work it!!!
            so,you cant video size anymore

Main Menu>>LAUNCHER;its weird but there is no any "Advanced SETTINGS" Menu out there????

Only have had General SettingsNetwork/Accounts../Apps/Device Pref/Droid settings and Remote&Acces.

so you can not go detailed/deep settings menu!

I'v a Photo Viewer Apk(paid version)>> "TV Photo" but this apk.does not work properley with Remote even Air-mouse!!!

my other Photo Viewer apk. is "Quick PIC" but this apk. does not work and uninstalled!
            ++

So what I see until now;lot of BUGs with especially supporting/compatible with "Android-10" !! with Android-11 I do not
            have any idea but seems that most of programmes does not compatible with 10 and 11 right now
            so do not rush to go 10&11

++

On the hand this Box(905X4) kinda more fast(about 10/15%)then 905X3 only and lot of BUGs as well
            Need urgently fix firmware
            Last edited by bergamesk; 05-26-2021, 08:49.

Comment

uhmm lot of negative things...waiting my order to arrive.

So if you compare A95X F4 and Mecool KM6 Deluxe. Mecool is better way to go, did i understand you correctly?

BTW is it possible to turn off flashing LED? i guess its annoying when you watch movies and some color light is coming up

thanks

Comment

kinda KM6 better

Only one point negative for me with KM6;its "HDR" function does not work even its not have it! so always device send HDR video signal

But with A95X4 there ise no any HDR issue because you will have to be selected HDR>>>always or Adaptive(off) and I selected Adaptive
                this menu work fine

But lot of other BUGs,such as "WallPaper" does not work(you cant change thema) or no any Advanced Settings Menu!
                VC-1 sucks! does not play it and I have a lot of VC1-1080/60 videos!
                ScreenSaver does not work properly! I selected 5min and with my pictures,but it goes Off!!!
                Remote also very cheap and not work properly

etc.,

Hope main manufacturer do it good job and release Bug-fix f/w soon
                A95X always does good job for OTA updates
                ++

Note;probably your device comes with F/W dated April20/2021 so,try it OnLine OTA update when you open your Box
                because there is a new F/W dated April22/2021

My some of used Apks. does not work this new Box(probably incompatible with Andro-10;but with Andro-9 all are works fine!

So,I'll wait for about couple of months,than w'll see it whats going on

Bye++

Comment

Yeah...this is always problem, new chinese device and then 6month or more till they fix all. Some companies they dont even fix, so we need to rely on Dev in here.

That's why i was thinking to get older 905x3 model where are all issues resolved already.

Anyway i use it mostly for IPTV and Kodi , so let's see how it goes

Comment

by now seems 905X3 +Andro-9 better couple
                    and 905X4 +Andro-10/11 might be in future get better

sure users to be expected ROMs and DEV.s

note; for IPTV using no problem at all
                    for KODI works seems almost OK(except VC-1 codec play video&audio fail!! especially video failed)
                    and if you wanna to do video re-size(enlarge) it does not work!

Comment

FYI

I'v already sent a "review" to Banggood Co. 2 days ago

and as usually they had never published my reviews ever
                      Bang or Gear or Geek and Ali always they do not published my reviews! (even Ali banned me forever)

but still I love it those Chinese!

Comment

Might be of Use, may be old Geek sometimes uses post date as firmware date...
                        A95X F4 Android 10 Amlogic S905X4 TV BOX Firmware 20210527
                        Hey guys, Glad to share the firmware for A95X F4 Android 10 Amlogic S905X4 TV BOX . PC Flash Firmware Download link Flash Tool Flash Guide Best regards May 27, 2021Jane What’s your Reaction? +1 0 +1 0 +1 0 +1 0 Facebook Twitter Email

treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
                          by now seems 905X3 +Andro-9 better couple
                          and 905X4 +Andro-10/11 might be in future get better

sure users to be expected ROMs and DEV.s

note; for IPTV using no problem at all
                          for KODI works seems almost OK(except VC-1 codec play video&audio fail!! especially video failed)
                          and if you wanna to do video re-size(enlarge) it does not work!
                          NO Amlogic boxes will play the Microsoft VC-1 video codec...... I believe that is an issue of Amlogic, not the manufactures...........
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

NO Amlogic boxes will play the Microsoft VC-1 video codec...... I believe that is an issue of Amlogic, not the manufactures...........
                            actually partly(some of) VC-1 played not all VC-1 play>>I meant A95X F4 Box

Kodi almost failed
                            MX Pro failed
                            Default MoviePlayer failed

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                              Might be of Use, may be old Geek sometimes uses post date as firmware date...
                              A95X F4 Android 10 Amlogic S905X4 TV BOX Firmware 20210527
                              https://blog.geekbuying.com/2021/05/...ware-20210527/

thanks+
                              I'll try it

For A95X F4 users info

Device come with default f/w date April20
                              than OTA comes f/w date April22

Comment

Working...
                              X