Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YOKATV KB2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX Android 6.0 2G/32G 802.11AC WIFI Bluetooth 1000M LAN KODI OTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new devices new problems it will get sorted.... At somepoint.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Some point should have been 6 Months ago... I did NOT chose to spend Amazon Fire - Xiaomi Mi Box Money just to be a Alpha Tester. I want some assurances that these problems will be delt with swiftly, and not sometime in a distant future. As if these Boxes ever had anything bordering decent Support ever.

Yes I can be disappointed, yet chill about 802.11ac (5GHz)... And Bluetooth is something I'd like to dig into for stuff like RetroArch. But, I REFUSE to be chill about a wonky WIFI (2.4GHz 802.11bgn). THIS had to be about the only thing they had to get right before throwing it out the Door. Everything else, yes even that hateful Remote can be forgiven. The WiFi however is not.

Whoever's in charge of these Firmwares needs to get slapped upside the head fast! This just isn't acceptable.
      Sadly it almost makes me wish this one would flame out too. So could just get something that wasn't an Analogic part.

Comment

6 months ago?? WTH seriously if you want no issues shell out for a shield or other devices with proven support.. You bought a UNSUPPORTED device not the top of the line actually budget device... Send a email to manufacture see if they respond most likely you will have to wait until one of the good devs has the device and time to look at issues. The price difference between a well supported device and budget is about 30-65 dollars. Minix/zodoo/ugoos/nagrace a few that get well supported then there is amilogic issues not device related.

The device you got has proven heat issue. Some have already moded to end it with new heat sink.

Sadly most first released software is crap. Why do you think Freaktab is here for what would we do with our time if everything was perfect??
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

That might have been more of a valid excuse had Amlogic, and Co. been bothered to actually release both a Kernel Source, and the Driver Blobs. Then we could have something near Stock 'Droid, or hell even AndroidTV. Instead of these lame repacked "Modified" Skin Jobs that one could find on this site. With all the annoyances still in place. (See above.)

But, yes your right about the Shield... Mores the pitty that it costs like 4x this Box. Which is why I cited both the Fire, and Mi Box which IIRC, are currently both based on the S905 SoC. And, they don't seem to be having such problems.

Comment

Think I heard a rumor a dev working on Atv for 912 😁

Also a thread started on a dyi Atv rom too... Make your own with it
            😁

Comment

Has anyone updated firmware on this box and not had problems? I'm reluctant to update if the best thing to do is stay with what I have. I'm really hoping the flashing green screen issue can be resolved.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Comment

it sounds like heat issue... Most state it doesnt happen unles left on for period of time. I should have box soon ill test too when it comes in

Comment

With regards to the Heat issue, I think this might be solved with double height Feet or something.* No its not what I would did acceptable either. But something as simple as standing this thing on the USB side is enough to let the thing breathe, and yes it runs much Much cooler. Since having done this, I've also noted a drop in those Green Flashes as well.

Sadly however that trick hadn't either brought me 802.11ac, or my Bluetooth back though.

On that note I'd also like to ask if getting drop kicked out of Kodi (Jarvis), is also normal. I would have expected it in Kypton, what with it being in Beta still. But with this Box it's like a time bomb that just goes off at random points. I would have blamed this on the crappy WiFi (or whats left of it!), But I gave up on that and decided to use Ethernet instead. But, apparently it seems that I might have missed my guess, about the spotty WiFi, as I'm still getting random crashes in Kodi (Jarvis).

Otherwise... The difference between my Two Year old, 1G MXIII, and this 2G YokaTV, is clear in that it plays a 1080p SBS 3d BR-RIP without ever lagging once. Not exactly high praise, I know. But, that thus far has been about the only highpoint for me, where this Box is concerned.

* It seems clear that as things stand the Box just isn't capable of getting enough air to flow 'round it when seated as it otherwise should be. Which kinda explains a lot

Comment

The version of Kodi supplied in the firmware is likely to be a fork or older version anyway, so worth trying the official jarvis to see if it exhibits the same issues, although it does seem to be a fairly common problem to be booted out at unexpected time.

WiFi on these things is often likely to be flaky and even when supporting AC, with there being only 1 antenna, you are never really going to get a fantastic AC performance.

The best way to test any heat issue is likely going to be to take the board out of the case and run it in the open air for a while to see if that works with no restrictions on dissipation.
                    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

You are absolutely correct... But, by that argument we could also say that this is also why 'n' also sucks 76mbps instead of the promised 300mbps that Router Venders loved to dote on about. At the end of the day though sub-par ac, would still be a damned sight better then the best n. So let's not pretend that this is some forgivable offence, and then there's is also the broken Bluetooth to consider. But, yeah who need that too right?

Comment

I'm sure that the broken AC and bluetooth will be fixed in some future firmware update.

Very rarely (sadly) do these boxes work wonderfully out of the box.

I never use these boxes with WiFi myself as ethernet is always the way to go, at least out of the box.

Comment

Blues if they perfect we have to find some way to break them

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                            Blues if they perfect we have to find some way to break them
                            Well we would need something to do, so that would make an interesting challenge.

Who can break a firmware the most and best.

Comment

About wanting to distroy the Firmware.... Would anyone like to take a stab as to why this Box is spying on us
                              Inb4 conspiracy theroies, you're just paranoid!

Then I would request that you fire up your File Explorer of choice, and browse /data/system/recent-images....
                              And see for yourself!

Now unless I'ma verz special case of stupid. I did NOT (at least willingly) take any of those screen shots.
                              I'll probably hazard that when you look in that Folder, neither had you.

I think I would just prefer not to have this Box doing this in any case.

Comment

Look out of the window.

Is there a black sedan parked across the street with tinted glass windows?

I've just run a few tests and it simply looks like a temporary cache area.

I loaded up Kodi and went to a particular section then looked in the folder and there was a screen pic of where I am at.

Then I moved around to something else and checked again.

The image had been replaced by one of where I am now.

I think that it is far less likely to be spying as a simple feature of Android.

Comment

Working...
                                X