Alfawise H96 Pro+ Android 6.0, 3/32GB DDR3, Gig Lan, Dual WiFi and BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
    weird that chips are all DDR4(i checked in a database) and you guys say that they all work with my V2?
    Not the PPE09-093 DG ... that ones are DDR3
    I know this is old but I have the PPE09-093 DG chips. Are you saying these are DD4 or DDR3?
    R-Box Pro 3G/16G
    SCV7A 7.1.2 / LibreELEC 8.2.4.2

Comment

Hello, where can I find the H96 Pro Plus Schematic/Diagram. I have been googling in this site and main google with no luck.

I have one box that will not boot up, there is no LED (Blue/Red) activity. My plan is to find the defective component and replace it to make the module work again

I do have one functional H96 Pro Plus, I hooked it to a Windows Laptop and it was able to see the device when powered up only by the USB laptop. However, in the defective box Windows does not see the device.

I replaced long time ago the manufacturer power supply with a more decent power supply Meanwell [email protected] P/N: SGA12U05-P1J . This power supply works on the good unit but the defective unit will not power up the LEDs

I have a multimeter which can be used for troubleshooting, I have access to oscilloscopes, power supplies, function generators, I believe I can find the failure if have access to the schematic

Anyone has suffered this same failure mode? if yes, what was the root cause?

Thank you!!
      Last edited by cablenone; 08-08-2018, 05:10.

Comment

@cablenone,

Was the China Box faulty straight from the retailer, or the result of a bad flash?

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
          @cablenone,

Was the China Box faulty straight from the retailer, or the result of a bad flash?
          The China box was functioning for about 6 months, then died. It has Android 7.1.2 so I never tried to flash it, open it, tweak it, overclock it, or anything of that matter.
          The defect was not result of a bad flash

Comment

In case the NAND chip got corrupted by dirty power or bad shut-down; have you tried shorting the NAND chip while attached to laptop?
            With a hard brick(seems dead) you see the same scenario as you described.

This may be a quick test before you start tracing the PCB or looking for bad CAPS.

I have not kept up with any newer method...

1. NAND chip type 1: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...cked-need-help

2. NAND chip type 2 : http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...894#post706894

**Magendanz(?) had a post about unbricking...I had to use Type 2 after 15+ tries I connected and flashed my dead China Box back to life (Dr. Frankenstein laughter ).

Comment

I openened by Android TV Box, performed a inspection. Found a damaged 5 Pin IC, it appears to be a step down converter (part of the power supply)
              The component markings is as follows: B15JF
              I do not have the H96 Pro + Rev 2017-08-22 PCB Schematic neither the Bill of Materials (BOM) to fix the device.
              By any chance do anybody know what the component is? I would like to purchase a replacement for it and fix it

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180812_142453.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	739888Click image for larger version

Name:	20180812_142551.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	739889

Comment

This is the Zoomed In area of the affected component . Is is right next to the LED

Click image for larger version

Name:	Power Supply.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	739891

Comment

Have a look here
                  Forum de abcelectronique.com : Electronique Analogique et Numérique, Software - Péri-informatique, Dépannage

Post Number 9 onwards may help

treboR
                  Please consider
                  Donating to Freaktab

Comment

It is a switching regulator. Mine outputs 1.9v.

search for 5 pin switching regulator info, and see how the pints fit to the design of the board. Some have ground or input moved around, so not all will fit the application.

If you know It's bad, then remove it, and check voltages at each pad to verify what is input and ground. Sometimes a bad ic will ground an output pin, and determining ground will be guess work.

you can check the voltages, you should have .9v, 1.5v, 5v, 3.3v, and 1.8v.

Here will be variances, up to .05v, so don't be surprised if 1v, 1.45v, and 1.85v are found.

Comment

My plan is to replace that blown out voltage regulator next to the LEDs, I suppose it powers up the WiFi, and may power up some other stuff. I will replace it with one from the USB power supplies which is the same component and see what happens

Comment

Like is said, some have different voltage pints... only do that if components have the same id printed on them. Else you may pop an IC or cap.

that's odd... my board has only one of them... The rest are 6 pin switching buck IC circuits.

Comment

Working...
                        X