Alfawise H96 Pro+ Android 6.0, 3/32GB DDR3, Gig Lan, Dual WiFi and BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Guys
    What Air mouse do you recommend with this unit.
    Im looking around for something that hopefully contains the following/

Voice Search button that works with alfawise h96 Pro +
    keyboard on the back
    Back lit if possible

Most comments i have seen around on forums is that voice never works.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by nikrizal

Mine is about the same size like this, the temperature now between 38-58
      Hi Where had you put this heat sink you had cut the top plastic? You had removed the stock heat sink or you had added this on top?

Sent from my U65GT using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by leotzian View Post
        Hi Where had you put this heat sink you had cut the top plastic? You had removed the stock heat sink or you had added this on top?

I removed the upper part of plastic lid and replaced it with a customised one. Also replaced the original heat sink with a better and bigger one.

Comment

Originally posted by nikrizal

I removed the upper part of plastic lid and replaced it with a customised one. Also replaced the original heat sink with a better and bigger one.
          The stock heat sink is not glued on the chip? Is this a better solution instead of putting a fan in top of the box making a round hole?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

The stock heat sink is not glued on the chip? Is this a better solution instead of putting a fan in top of the box making a round hole?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
            It's glued but easily removed while it's still warm. Putting a fan on top of the box also effective in reducing the temperature.

Comment

Here it is, my hack job of adding large heat sink just to keep the unit cool.

Starts with the unit and old AMD CPU heat sink.

I cut out according to the size of the heat sink using a mini drill.

Checking the size if it fits the heat sink. Filing tool was used to smooth out the rough edge.

Thermal pad I bought just for this modification.

I did not remove the original heat sink. Instead, I place the thermal pad on top of the small heat sink.

The larger heat sink sits on top of the small one with thermal pad in between.

I did a test run just to see if this method works.

Result showed a significant temperature drop. I did 3D Mark test, youtube, and the temperature stayed below what I got before (80~90C).

Next step was to use hot glue to keep the heat sink intact with the case.

Next I cut transparent plastic sheet just to cover the exposed top of the unit.

Powering up the unit & testing just to make sure the heat sink is working.

The temperature now stays below 60C. I can say this modification did help reduce the temperature of my unit and no fan required!

Another successful mod I guess.

Comment

Nice work! Now, you can put anytime a fan to reduce more heat.
                I have a similar solution in my mind, but I cannot find, yet, a thermal pad with double adesive.

Comment

I could add a fan but I don't want to because I want the unit to be as quite as possible and maintenance free. Current temperature is good enough.

Comment

Hello.

Does anyone know the propose of the 2 pin plug near the LEDs?

Thank you in advance.
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

At a guess I would say cpu fan

Comment

Here's a proper version of the full Android 7.1.2 ROM dated 20170809 (usual launcher, device identified as H96Pro+ instead of just S912, rooted):

aml_7.1_s912_q9377-S912_KDMC_mac-20170809
                        https://mega.nz/#!ZTIGWABC!xgkGFOrWL...8XYdisAlwcb2WY

"Wireless update" is malware as usual Uninstall without running!

Comment

Originally posted by Shimon
                          Here's a proper version of the full Android 7.1.2 ROM dated 20170809 (usual launcher, device identified as H96Pro+ instead of just S912, rooted):

Hi I have the H96Pro+ 4K brand box not the Alfawise, can I install this rom?

Comment

Hi I have the H96Pro+ 4K brand box not the Alfawise, can I install this rom?
                            That's exactly the brand I tested it on. (a very recent tomtop one though, it came with 20170627 firmware)

Comment

Originally posted by Shimon View Post

thanks

what do you mean "Wireless update" is malware as usual Uninstall without running!

you mean the wireless update app is malware right ?

Comment

Originally posted by Shimon

That's exactly the brand I tested it on. (a very recent tomtop one though, it came with 20170627 firmware)
                                Do you updated it with the SD card method? Had you seen any differences running the update? And the last question. Are all those specific boxes having the same hardware?

Comment

Working...
                                X