Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoseM

thanks

what do you mean "Wireless update" is malware as usual Uninstall without running!

you mean the wireless update app is malware right ?
    YES this app is a malware

Sent from my U65GT using Tapatalk

Comment

But does anything update as well as installing malware

or does it download malware only.

Comment

Originally posted by leotzian View Post
        Do you updated it with the SD card method? Had you seen any differences running the update? And the last question. Are all those specific boxes having the same hardware?
        It's not an update but a full image so you have to flash it via the Burn Card Maker or USB Burn Tool methods.

From what I've read and seen, there's probably no difference at this point. For example, I had a 4K version a month ago which came with the two internal USB ports, which was only supposed to be found inside the Alfawise version. No guarantees though

Originally posted by JoseM View Post

you mean the wireless update app is malware right ?
        Yes, see the first 2 pages of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimon

It's not an update but a full image so you have to flash it via the Burn Card Maker or USB Burn Tool methods.

From what I've read and seen, there's probably no difference at this point. For example, I had a 4K version a month ago which came with the two internal USB ports, which was only supposed to be found inside the Alfawise version. No guarantees though

Yes, see the first 2 pages of this thread.
          Which method is safer? what method you had chosen? had you checked bootloader option in SD card burn tool or not? .
          I am afraid not to brick it...

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I used the Burn Card Maker method, having checked the "erase bootloader" option. These stock roms don't start flashing otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimon
              I used the Burn Card Maker method, having checked the "erase bootloader" option. These stock roms don't start flashing otherwise.
              Had you tried to cool down the box with the method mentioned before by other members? Is it necessary? Had you noticed high temperature?

Thanks friend I will come back if I want something else.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by erpenstine View Post
                Hi There

I have the H96 Pro Plus, 3Gb DDR3 / 32GB Generic TV Box, I have an issue getting my box to see my LAN connection, only after I reboot the TV Box does it see it, I have to do this every day, anyone else have this issue?
                Yes mine does the same thing. I have 7.1.1 on it right now but I see 7.1.2 is available. Not sure if 7.1.2 addresses this or not though

Comment

Originally posted by Shoestring View Post

Yes mine does the same thing. I have 7.1.1 on it right now but I see 7.1.2 is available. Not sure if 7.1.2 addresses this or not though
                  Same as mine H96pro plus too. LAN disconnected whenever I reboot my router.
                  i need to disconnect and connect the LAN cable to get it working.

Comment

Originally posted by muncheno View Post

Same as mine H96pro plus too. LAN disconnected whenever I reboot my router.
                    i need to disconnect and connect the LAN cable to get it working.
                    To reconnect I will hit control alt delete to reboot the box or click on settings - network - IP settings - static and then hit enter on my keyboard 5 times. It will then say saved connection. Click on IP settings again and then DHCP. Again, it will say saved connection and this time I will be connected. It sounds a lot of steps, but by the third time you do it , it will only take 10 seconds

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170819_111914-747x1328.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	664240Click image for larger version

Name:	20170819_115056-747x1328.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	664241Click image for larger version

Name:	20170819_121053-747x1328.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	664242Click image for larger version

Name:	20170819_155746-747x1328.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	664243 Quick mod if your getting heat issues mines running fine after making top vent. Knife screen and double sided tape and done. I moved wifi and put heat sink on with thermal compound so its now not over heating with anything ive thrown at it. Took about 10 minutes to drill out lid opening for screen. Maybe 20 minutes all in.

Not the cleanest cuts ive done but its not noticed once lids back on.

Quick way to cool it down though.

Thanks to trebor for showing that part pops off.

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

• trebor
                        trebor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Its a Cricket cage ;-)

Originally posted by Shimon View Post
                      Here's a proper version of the full Android 7.1.2 ROM dated 20170809 (usual launcher, device identified as H96Pro+ instead of just S912, rooted):

aml_7.1_s912_q9377-S912_KDMC_mac-20170809
                      https://mega.nz/#!ZTIGWABC!xgkGFOrWL...8XYdisAlwcb2WY

"Wireless update" is malware as usual Uninstall without running!
                      Shimon, this it's for DDR3 or DDR4? Or both? It's for 2/16gb or for 3/32gb?
                      Please, more details...

I hope you put this post in right topic, but, to be sure, please confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by adytzu View Post

Please, more details...

3/16gb and 3/32gb

edit: correction
                        Last edited by JoseM; 08-20-2017, 14:09.

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post

2/16gb and 3/32gb
                          Have it tried, it works also on 3/16, but I have it uninstalled again. The wallpaper service isn't running, in result any other launcher (for example Nova) doesn't work. I wasn't able to start the wallpaper service manually. So I will go back to aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS-KDMC_mac-20170619 from http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...-tv-box-4.html, it's working very well.

Comment

I plan to upgrade the heatsink on mine. Which would be better 38mm x 38mm x 6mm or 40mm x 40mm x 11mm https://www.amazon.com/BNTECHGO-Aluminum-Heatsink-Cooling-Silicone/dp/B01IQOAJBQ/ but cut down to 7mm height? I kind of like the 40mm design better but the 38mm will fit without any modifications.
                            38mmx38mmx6mm Aluminum Heat Diffuse Cooling Fin Heatsink. Pumps & Plumbing. Dimension 38mm x 38mm x 6mm/ 1.5" x 1.5" x 0.24"(L W T). Use heatsink adhesive glue to install heatsink. Glue is not included here. | eBay!

Comment

Originally posted by adytzu View Post

Please, more details...

3/16 3/32

DDR3

Comment

Working...
                              X