Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Vorke Z6 / Tanix TX92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luca View Post

Hi, I have successfully installed the nexus @magendaz rom, adapted by Alianato on my Vorke z6 Plus. Lcd remains with the word "boot" upside down but everything else seems to work well (kodi youtube playstore ...)
    In a few days I will give a more complete judgment in terms of stability and more.
    Thank you all for the work you are doing ..
    Yeah, LCD is upside down but I don't care, in fact I am thinking in covering the LCD with a black tape, I don't see any value and the light can disturb at night if you use it in the room where you sleep

Comment

Originally posted by Alianato View Post

Yeah, LCD is upside down but I don't care, in fact I am thinking in covering the LCD with a black tape, I don't see any value and the light can disturb at night if you use it in the room where you sleep
      What is the latest rom? i have also vorke z plus, and how to install?

Comment

I'm surprised it's working for u guys with the z6 plus .. u guys must not of erased bootloader ? This is based on the z6 which is ddr4...

Comment

Originally posted by cluber77 View Post

What is the latest rom? i have also vorke z plus, and how to install?
          See post #72, you should install equal to any other rom, the date is in the file name

Comment

Originally posted by terwood View Post
            I'm surprised it's working for u guys with the z6 plus .. u guys must not of erased bootloader ? This is based on the z6 which is ddr4...
            It´s working for me and apparently to Luca, I installed this rom normally, no special install options.
            Just to be clear I installed the rom from post #72

Comment

Take advantage of this post to give a more complete opinion of this wonderful ROM.
              With the stock roms and tvbox modified on thermal performance I still had random blocks in the box and I had to switch it off and restart it. Now from Thursday to today, zero blocks and maximum fluidity. Kodi works perfectly with all video formats and also very well all the google apps I've tried. Only problems encountered:
              Lcd remains in Boot upside down
              Bluetoot is set ON at each restart.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Alianato View Post

See post #72, you should install equal to any other rom, the date is in the file name
                im' sorry i dont' understand.
                i see 4 files to download, what is the file thati need to burn? do i need to downlad all?

Comment

Hi, I installed only the first one (img file from about 1 giga). I used USB Burning tool 2.0.9 without setting anything.
                  the following two are for the GOOGLE APP package in minimal or Stock format. The last one is needed to update via OTA but I do not recommend it. Alianato will still be more precise as he has adapted the NEXUS ROM created by @Magendaz for 3G DDR4 TVboxes to 3G DDR3 devices

Comment

It's this same oem firmware http://geekbuying.mediafire.com/file...a_20180104.zip

Comment

Can someone tell me the differences between mode 1 and mode 2 auto framerate? It seems like Mode 2 attempts to match the output refresh rate with the video frame rate (ie 24Hz for 23.976 film content). With mode 1, my display loses signal for a second, but it remains at 60Hz for 23.976 film content.

It might just be placebo, but it seems like Mode 1 looks a bit smoother, but leaving Auto Framerate off, there's a bit more judder or micro stutters every once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
                        Can someone tell me the differences between mode 1 and mode 2 auto framerate? It seems like Mode 2 attempts to match the output refresh rate with the video frame rate (ie 24Hz for 23.976 film content). With mode 1, my display loses signal for a second, but it remains at 60Hz for 23.976 film content.

It might just be placebo, but it seems like Mode 1 looks a bit smoother, but leaving Auto Framerate off, there's a bit more judder or micro stutters every once in a while.
                        mode 1 works only for kodi,spmc
                        mode 2 other players vlc,mx player etc it's experimental

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post

mode 1 works only for kodi,spmc
                          mode 2 other players vlc,mx player etc it's experimental
                          Thanks.

Is it normal that mode 2 still affects Kodi though?

My source material was a 23.976 film, and my display is 1080p/120Hz that properly supports 24Hz.

This is what I noticed:

Off: no lost signal on my display... video plays as is. Noticeable judder.
                          Mode 1: Lose signal to the TV for a second, box stays at the same 1080p/60Hz output. Again, might be placebo but there might have been less judder, will have to take a longer look.
                          Mode 2: Lose signal to the TV for a second, box outputs 1080p/24Hz, but something isn't working properly because the 23.976 source plays back really slow/choppy.

Comment

@Alianato Hi, in the future you think to assemble the rom using the latest update of Magendanz ?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Luca View Post
                              @Alianato Hi, in the future you think to assemble the rom using the latest update of Magendanz ?

Cheers
                              Hi Luca,
                              Yes I have intention to do it but recently I could not find the time, perhaps next weekend I find a slot, I was also delaying changes to my box because I am waiting for a hetsink from gearbest, but meanwhile I can update the rom

cheers

Comment

I can make the rom, but to test it is another story

Comment

Working...
                                X