Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok just put superceleron rom on the same problem everything loads no problems but I just don't have any control as can't get any Remote controls to work shame ask I would like one of these roms ☹️☹️☹️

Comment

Originally posted by wush15 View Post
      Ok just put superceleron rom on the same problem everything loads no problems but I just don't have any control as can't get any Remote controls to work shame ask I would like one of these roms ☹️☹️☹️
      This rom and others like superceleron and magendanz work for GT1 and alfawise s92. If your box different.. the remote cannot work.. for alvatech rom top navigation can be auto hide under display setting
      MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

Originally posted by csavoia View Post
        Ok I did that and she no longer has anything asshe says superceleron had something but can't locate him on here anywhere. If anyone can hell please help.
        The box is GT1 Ultimate with G912 as starting numbers in serial number.
        I am ready to throw this stupid thing in the trash. Please anyone please help.
        If catharsys gave you permission to use the app then you can get it from one of SC's ROM's you can extract the content of his ROM's with Amlogic Customization Tool. It is in his apps folder it is called box-fix-v3.
        Last edited by ALVATECH; 05-21-2017, 07:34.

Comment

Originally posted by johnickz View Post
          Some things I want to mention after quickly trying to set this ROM to my needs.

First am trying to have the old Off function in order to work with Wetek launcher Off icon but when I am uninstalling Power Menu App then I cant use the default Off function (say SystemUi error).
          Second there is no "all" key in order to clean all the apps onto the task manager and I have to clean one by one all the open apps.
          Third but not so important, a black bar is showing when Play Store is open at the bottom (it is like I have the bottom bar open but without icons).

I loved that the top bar can be disabled, I loved the responsiveness of this ROM, brightness fix I think that works well by default!!
          I ll come up when I play with this ROM more. Thank you Alvatech.
          First: The power menu is meshed with the SystemUI. This Rom is based off of the latest Minix U9-H Rom which is the way they have their power menu setup. The navigation bar looks for the power menu.

Second: Again this is based off of the Minix Rom their SystemUI doesn't have that option. But, I will think about maybe trying to add this function in another version of ROM if I release another one. You can hold the top of the apps for a few seconds then a small X will appear in the top right hand corner of each app then you can clear them that way. This may be helpful.

Third: I have just noticed this I would have to look into this. But what is weird is that on my Actual Minix U1 box I have has the same issue and this box is not using my ROM It is using stock firmware from Minix. So this could be some sort of bug with the framework from Minix or the playstore apk from google. Lately google apps have been having a lot of different issues.
          I'm glad you liked it so far your welcome.

You can try to get your remote controls remote.conf file located in /system/etc from your original ROM then use Xplore File Manager or something similar and copy it over to the location I had mentioned. Also their is 3 different Launchers that come with my ROM you don't have to use Minix Metro Launcher you can use one of the other ones. You can change this by going to Setting >> Advance Settings>>Home you can change default launcher there.
          Last edited by ALVATECH; 05-21-2017, 08:00.

Comment

Changes 05/19/2017:
            • Added a brightness fix.
            Is this the same fix than SC or another one ?

Comment

Originally posted by Vincs View Post
              Is this the same fix than SC or another one ?
              SC has an app to brighten his ROM that I know of. I have my brightness already applied to my ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by KAA View Post

This rom and others like superceleron and magendanz work for GT1 and alfawise s92. If your box different.. the remote cannot work.. for alvatech rom top navigation can be auto hide under display setting
                Thanks for the reply but understand the risk of using/flashing roms.

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post
                  You can try to get your remote controls remote.conf file located in /system/etc from your original ROM then use Xplore File Manager or something similar and copy it over to the location I had mentioned. Also their is 3 different Launchers that come with my ROM you don't have to use Minix Metro Launcher you can use one of the other ones. You can change this by going to Setting >> Advance Settings>>Home you can change default launcher there.
                  Dont matter what launcher is there I can't do anything with the box as no remote works from get go so can't get from the set up screen to setup any launcher. But hey this is why we love what you and your comrades do to to make this work.
                  'Look at the 3th party kodi community pulling each other apart sad really.

Comment

Dont matter what launcher is there I can't do anything with the box as no remote works from get go so can't get from the set up screen to setup any launcher. But hey this is why we love what you and your comrades do to to make this work.
                    'Look at the 3th party kodi community pulling each other apart sad really.
                    I'm sorry the ROM didn't work for your Entertainment Box T8-V5. If you connect a mouse to the box you might be able to try to get things going. But more than likely with it not letting you use any remotes what so ever it's likely not to work for you. Also if you used supercelerons ROM as well and haven't got any success then I doubt these ROM's are compatible with your device.

Comment

it is mentioned that mobile version apps can be installed from google playstore. how can this be done? I have installed the custom ROM and now the GT1 is much more stable. thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by nikosnyc View Post
                        it is mentioned that mobile version apps can be installed from google playstore. how can this be done? I have installed the custom ROM and now the GT1 is much more stable. thank you!!
                        You enter the Play Store, select an app and press install.

Comment

thats obvious and I have done that. is there a way that apps designed for mobile run on Android TV? one example is Android Auto, you can install it from the app store but it crashes on boxes or tablets. - thank you

Comment

Originally posted by nikosnyc View Post
                            thats obvious and I have done that. is there a way that apps designed for mobile run on Android TV? one example is Android Auto, you can install it from the app store but it crashes on boxes or tablets. - thank you
                            This ROM has the framework to run mobile and tablet version apps. Their are are some ROM's that you can only run mobile apps. This is why I had mentioned that my ROM can run mobile and tablet version apps. If you are trying to run mobile apps on Android TV then you need to sideload them. Not all are compatible. But this is a subject that should be asked on the version of ROM you are using if you are using an Android TV ROM.
                            Last edited by ALVATECH; 05-23-2017, 23:19.

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

I'm sorry the ROM didn't work for your Entertainment Box T8-V5. If you connect a mouse to the box you might be able to try to get things going. But more than likely with it not letting you use any remotes what so ever it's likely not to work for you. Also if you used supercelerons ROM as well and haven't got any success then I doubt these ROM's are compatible with your device.
                              Hey sorry for the late reply been away for awhile charging the batteries. You need no apology my friend your time and effort speaks volumes.
                              It's a shame it would not work all right as there box is just rebranded with there own rom that I just don't like. They should give a stock rom and let people choose. My quest will go on to find a rom that will work without restrictions.

Comment

Has anyone experienced problems trying to "long press" in Chrome or Firefox? I mostly use Chrome but long clicking my mouse on an image won't bring up an option to save it. I'm sure it worked when I first installed the ROM and it stopped working not long after.
                                It also happens when slecting text. I just tried to copy text from the post above, and I can highlight it, but long pressing does nothing and releasing the button just deselects it. Tried it with a couple different mice.
                                I have the same problem in Firefox as well. The only way I can save an image in by using another browser like Opera Mini.

Also, has anyone noticed the mouse cursor randomly disappearing for random amounts of time? I can still use the mouse but the cursor is invisible and hitting random buttons on my keyboard sometimes makes it reappear.

Comment

Working...
                                X