Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, amazing news Guest

Thank you so much for your dedication and great work.

I am happily using your 6.0 based ROM on my GT1 Beelink for couple of months and thanks to it was able to make it a "premium" device ;-)

Can't wait for trying this ATV 7.1 ROM and take advantage of the long awaited brightness fix - at the moment you will release the OTA update.

Hopefully it will also fix the Chromcast function that is not working on the 6.0 version.
    Last edited by urielm; 07-31-2017, 18:42.

Comment

Magendanz, could You please tell me how did You managed to fix crash at end of Setup Wizard? Is there any source code of Your work? I'm building AndroidTV for PC and have few errors. Thanks.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I just upgraded to the latest release of SetupWraith from the July 2017 Nexus Player factory image (N2G48B), then signed it with the Amlogic platform key.

On first boot, wifi didn't show but after restart it worked and showed my network. So far it's good, thank you. I was wondering is there a way to enable recent app? I believe tillaz87 has enabled on his and I am not sure how to enable it

Comment

For anyone else looking for this info.

to enable the atv multi tasking

framework-res.apk/res/values/integers.xml

<integer name="config_longPressOnHomeBehavior">2</integer>
        <integer name="config_doubleTapOnHomeBehavior">1</integer>

2 = assistant / voice search
        1 = Multi tasking

can swap to suite preference, the above is default

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post
          For anyone else looking for this info.

to enable the atv multi tasking

framework-res.apk/res/values/integers.xml

<integer name="config_longPressOnHomeBehavior">2</integer>
          <integer name="config_doubleTapOnHomeBehavior">1</integer>

2 = assistant / voice search
          1 = Multi tasking

can swap to suite preference, the above is default
          Guest is it possible to incorporate this ? Also when I wake the device up with IR remote, the camera app opens up (it forcecloses), just wanted to report . Not sure if I am the only one

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, tillaz87 and I were discussing offline and it's already built into the framework-res.apk that will be in the next release for both M8S Pro and M8S Pro+.

Hello is Amlogic codec brightness fix? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes! Finally!! :-)

Hi,

Is the Chromcast server fully working in this version?
          When do you expect having an OTA image that can be used to upgrade my existing GT1 6.0 ATV?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by urielm View Post
            Is the Chromcast server fully working in this version?
            So, the Google Cast service still has the same longstanding issue with failing to get a cast device cert. We're no closer to a solution with Nougat (or even with Widevine L1 devices), unfortunately.

Originally posted by urielm View Post
            When do you expect having an OTA image that can be used to upgrade my existing GT1 6.0 ATV?
            Since the main eMMC storage needs to be repartitioned, I won't be able to release an OTA update that will take you from Marshmallow to Nougat. You'll have to flash with Amlogic's USB Burning Tool or BootcardMaker.

Comment

Thanks fo the replay but how can i reboot to recovery and flash the flashable zip.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                There are several ways, but my favorite is to just open Terminal Emulator and type "reboot recovery" since it doesn't involve a paperclip.

Rom is stable and smooth. Thanks Magendanz.
              I have a question ... How to move application shortcut from app draw to homescreen?

Comment

Hello, Magendanz. It's been a while and I hope that you're doing well. I didn't expect that I'd be able to flash any of your new custom ROMs on to my Beelink GT1 Ultimate after the hardware failure of your unit months ago, yet here we are. Now that Beelink has released combined firmware for the standard and ultimate variants of the GT1 (which you have integrated in to your custom ROM), I've gone ahead and flashed your initial Android TV 7.1 release on to my device. Here are my main observations:

* Although it took me a few tries to get the Amlogic USB Burning Tool to detect my device, I experienced no other problem with flashing your ROM or going through the initial configuration. After the home screen loaded, one of the first things I noticed is how low the volume of the navigation sounds effects are. I checked the volume level of the box with the original remote but it was near maximum already and adjusting it to the maximum didn't result in much of a difference. The volume of the sound effects on this custom ROM seems to be less than half compared to my Google Nexus Player with its stock Android TV 7.1.2 ROM.

* A strange bug I've noticed is that if the device is in standby mode and the remote's power button is quickly pressed twice, this causes the Google Camera app to launch and display an error message.

* The most serious problem I've noticed is that when trying to install Magisk v13.3 with its zip installer in TWRP, it detects the ARM device architecture but then displays an "unable to detect boot image" error message and ends unsuccessfully. I haven't tried SuperSU yet and would prefer to use Magisk on this device for its root hiding capabilities.

I'll experiment some more with your custom ROM in the coming days but not having root access yet means that I'm unable to make changes to the build.prop and increase the ro.sf.lcd_density value from 240 to the Android TV default value of 320, for example. Thanks again for your hard work with this custom ROM. The initial release isn't perfect but I know that future releases will only get better and I look forward to trying them out and posting my results in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by GNex5 View Post
                A strange bug I've noticed is that if the device is in standby mode and the remote's power button is quickly pressed twice, this causes the Google Camera app to launch and display an error message.
                Yes, I've had this happen to me once and several others have reported the bug. I'll see if I can disable the "feature".

The most serious problem I've noticed is that when trying to install Magisk v13.3 with its zip installer in TWRP, it detects the ARM device architecture but then displays an "unable to detect boot image" error message and ends unsuccessfully. I haven't tried SuperSU yet and would prefer to use Magisk on this device for its root hiding capabilities.
                If you dump the kernel command line on this box by typing cat /proc/cmdline, you’ll notice the following argument:

androidboot.slot_suffix=_a

This is confusing install scripts like OpenGApps and Magisk into detecting an A/B partition layout, which they're not using. I've reported this problem to VideoStrong, and hope they can update the bootloader to fix the problem. In the interim, you can just bypass that check in the install script.

not having root access yet means that I'm unable to make changes to the build.prop and increase the ro.sf.lcd_density value from 240 to the Android TV default value of 320, for example.
                Well, you can always replace the build.prop command in the TWRP File Manager. You need to copy it to a SD card or flash drive, modify it on your PC, and then copy it back. It's a bit of a hassle, but works.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                  If you dump the kernel command line on this box by typing cat /proc/cmdline, you’ll notice the following argument:

androidboot.slot_suffix=_a

This is confusing install scripts like OpenGApps and Magisk into detecting an A/B partition layout, which they're not using. I've reported this problem to VideoStrong, and hope they can update the bootloader to fix the problem. In the interim, you can just bypass that check in the install script.
                  I'm not as technically skilled as you are, to be honest, which means that I don't know how to do what you mentioned at the end. Is it fairly easy?

Well, you can always replace the build.prop command in the TWRP File Manager. You need to copy it to a SD card or flash drive, modify it on your PC, and then copy it back. It's a bit of a hassle, but works.
                  I'll probably give this a try. As for the "reboot recovery" command for Terminal Emulator which you mentioned in an earlier reply, does it work without root access?

In your original post, you say this:
                  • This has only been tested on the 2G/16G configuration, but device trees are also included for units with 2G and 3G of RAM.
                  Did you mean to say 2G/32G toward the end there? If the storage capacity does not matter, then isn't mentioning 2G a second time redundant? I also think it may be useful to list the MD5 hash values for your IMG files ​​​​in case people want to verify them before flashing them.

Comment

As for the "reboot recovery" command for Terminal Emulator which you mentioned in an earlier reply, does it work without root access?
                    Yes

Did you mean to say 2G/32G toward the end there?
                    Actually, I meant to say 1G and 3G of RAM. As you said, the storage size doesn't matter. Whatever's left will go to the user partition.

Comment

Do I understand right that the kernel comes from mecool? Why don't you use the original beelink kernel?
                      Thanks!

Comment

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I do. The bootloader and kernel are from the GT1_702N0 and system partition is from the Mecool M8S Pro+ V0321.
                    Working...
                    X