• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethernet support in 1.7a or 1.7b??

Originally posted by zvoddy23 View Post
    Hey all , running with 1.7a default images
    Wifi is great, but always has been.
    No such luck with ethernet though. not working
    One black screen & one reboot on my "troublesome" MX1 so far.
    Great stuff Bob, despite my MX1's deep-seated personallity problems, this ROM is a level above.

zvoddy23/Bob: does this mean the 1.7a does not support Ethernet at all (through a USB dongle)? I run the Plex client on 1.5 ROM and use Ethernet to maintain a stable connection for media playback purposes and wifi is just too laggy for me. 1.5 ROM works well with Ethernet (although with small cosmetic issue where Android says there is no connection, but there really is one otherwise I couldn't watch my media)

Bob: keep up the good work!! I don't know where you find the time to build ROMS AND provide support on these forums, but your benevolence ranks up there with the guys from Plex in my book (and that is very very high indeed).

Comment

no flash mode

I have tried several times to get my MX1 to reboot into flash mode without success with either .exe. I am booting from usb power to OTG port. I ensured debugging is off and usb is mass storage. And it fails everytime to get to flash mode. It says that it is rebooting, I get the black screen but tool says no device connected. When i use the ALT tool, I see the pink. click switch and it fails. I have been able to update by side loading with microsd. What else am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by mercdoc View Post
        I have tried several times to get my MX1 to reboot into flash mode without success with either .exe. I am booting from usb power to OTG port. I ensured debugging is off and usb is mass storage. And it fails everytime to get to flash mode. It says that it is rebooting, I get the black screen but tool says no device connected. When i use the ALT tool, I see the pink. click switch and it fails. I have been able to update by side loading with microsd. What else am I missing? Thanks in advance.
        although tedious I found that if you unplug the power cable from the otg and push a paperclip into the rest hole next to the HDMI connector, then plug the power back into the otg port on the mini pc, while its plugged into the usb port of your pc always worked for me.

make sure you have the drivers correctly installed as per Bobs instructions.

rebooting into flash mode with the ROM flash tool and the RKBatch Tool has always given me a problem too.

Comment

Hey Bob, thanks for the ROM. I spent hours trying to install the rockchip driver but had no luck. I was wondering if it's possible to get an "update.img" file of your Finless ROM? That way probably I could just put it on a microSD and let the system upgrade.

I tried on Windows 8, 7, and XP, and I followed all the steps in the README file. The driver is just too hard to be installed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Re: NEW - iMito MX1/2 - Finless ROM 1.7

I don't understand why we don't do like thousands of other modders and just use CWM. The flaky rockhip software sucks and has fewer features. I always use Loelas' guide to package up Bob's rooms before flashing with Fun's cwm. It's easier and more convenient than having to plug my stick into my laptop etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rapalax View Post
              I don't understand why we don't do like thousands of other modders and just use CWM. The flaky rockhip software sucks and has fewer features. I always use Loelas' guide to package up Bob's rooms before flashing with Fun's cwm. It's easier and more convenient than having to plug my stick into my laptop etc.
              I use cwm to flash too, the only thing we cant do from cwm is to change partitions size, for the rest is the easier way to flash
              REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
              My devices:
              Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
              MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
              Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
              Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
              Gearbest.com)
              MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
              Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

1.7a and OpenVPN?

Did anyone get OpenVPN to work? I can connect but the 0.0.0.0/1 and 128.0.0.0/1 routes are not there.

Comment

Originally posted by netmate View Post
                  Did anyone get OpenVPN to work? I can connect but the 0.0.0.0/1 and 128.0.0.0/1 routes are not there.
                  I just needed to add these routes in my conf file. then it worked.

Comment

Thank for the great ROM, Bob. I am running 1.7b on my MX1 now. It is close to perfect for me.

Two minor things that not as convenient as I expected.

1. The turn off display setting. It works OK. However if leave it in the status too long, I can't bring it back using the wireless mouse or keyboard. It seems that it automatically goes into sleep mode and turn the usb receiver off after a while. Is there a way to make it not go into the sleep mode?
                    2. the auto hide status bar. I love this feature but wondering is there a way to bring the status bar back as needed. Currently I put the cursor at the bottom of screen, but nothing happened. I tried to swipe the cursor up trying to bring the status bar bar. The status bar shows but doesn't stay, so I can press any buttons on the bar. Is there a way to make the bar automaticall reappear when place the cursor at the bottom of the screen?

Thank you,

Comment

You can turn off sleep in settings. There is a never option. However if you go into advanced settings for wifi and turn on "wifi never off in sleep" then you should not have the problem with sleep you are having. Wifi will stay up.

As for auto hide status bar, if you dont like that then turn it off. You will still have thsw ability to hide it manually using the down arrow on the status bar.

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        You can turn off sleep in settings. There is a never option. However if you go into advanced settings for wifi and turn on "wifi never off in sleep" then you should not have the problem with sleep you are having. Wifi will stay up.

As for auto hide status bar, if you dont like that then turn it off. You will still have thsw ability to hide it manually using the down arrow on the status bar.

Bob

Thank you for the reply.

I like the auto hide feature. Just once in a while, I have the need to bring it back on. Not a big deal. I can always to switch back to home screen to bring it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob
                          I turned the wifi never off on. Seems it didn't help. The USB wireless mouse and keyboard receiver still got turned off after a while.

Comment

Flash videos are choppy

Hi,

Thanks for this ROM and it is almost perfect but I have noticed that some Flash videos are choppy on 1.7a 1080p.

Update: I have tried 1.7b 720p and it's okay now.

Regards
                            Last edited by tebats; 04-13-2013, 18:48.

Comment

Since most of the TV box are the same, isn't it easier to just use Minux (most stable software) and add the drivers ?

Comment

Originally posted by netghoster View Post
                                I turned the wifi never off on. Seems it didn't help. The USB wireless mouse and keyboard receiver still got turned off after a while.
                                .. for me the trick worked, I turned on the "never sleep wifi" in advanced wifi, monitor go to sleep in 1 minute, and the usb mouse stays on.
                                Try a restart with that settings made, maibe will work for you also.

Comment

Working...
                                X