Fully working 4.2.2 rom from RIKOMAGIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fully working 4.2.2 rom from RIKOMAGIC

***WARNING IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE DON"T BLAME US!!! YOU ALWAYS RUN THAT RISK ANYTIME YOU ARE FLASHING ANY DEVICE!!!****

posting this from other thread that mystguy posted in about future updates:

Originally posted by mystguy View Post
    Hi,
    Updates for this device are coming in. Hardware of Imito Mx1/Mx2 is similar to that of MK802IIIS and hence the firmware released by Rikomagic for their devices is working perfectly fine with Imitos. I recently flashed the latest 4.2.2 firmware update from rikomagic on my device (Imito MX2) and its working just fine - Wifi/Bluetooth are working without any issues.
    Try out the latest rom from rikomagic from below link:

Shenzhen Rikomagic Tech Corp.,Ltd-----Android TV BOX, Media player, Digital Signage Media Player,signage player

I Flashed the 2nd ROM from above link (Rikomagic MK802IIIS8G(B) Android 4.2 Software(131107))

All the best!

What you need to do is have the drivers installed, turn on usb debugging and I believe you need to go into usb and check connect to pc. Then on the rikomagic software the first device will be pink. then click on switch. Your device will go into download mode and should then be green in the rikomagic software. then hit restore, not upgrade... ***THIS WILL WIPE ANYTHING ON THE INTERNAL MEMORY*** after it is done it should then reboot and boot up to desktop. remember your first boot will be slow.

What is working:
    EVERYTHING!!!! even wifi and bluetooth

What is not working:
    NOTHING!!!!

Here is a video:
    http://youtu.be/mK8IBX9gqG0

Wifi is working pretty good for me but idk, Right now its in the same spot i had issues with on finless 1.7 rom. Oh and this is a 1080p rom that can be changed to 720p and one other.

BTW THANK MYSTGUY, I am just posting in an easier to find spot. I will keep this updated as I see updates out. The video is one I made to make it easier for you to see

Hi,

Thank you for the advice, I will install it as soon as possible. But what are the main differences between this one and finless 2.0? Are there any tweaks we can do to improve it like finless did? I mean, is librtmp up to date? Can I connect my xbox wireless controller receiver?

thanks

Comment

Re: Fully working 4.2.2 rom from RIKOMAGIC

Originally posted by cyma_6mm View Post
      Hi,

Thank you for the advice, I will install it as soon as possible. But what are the main differences between this one and finless 2.0? Are there any tweaks we can do to improve it like finless did? I mean, is librtmp up to date? Can I connect my xbox wireless controller receiver?

thanks
      Bluetooth works. Wifi to me seems better. As for tweaks I am sure its possible, I just have not got into modding these roms yet. I have thought about it but I don't know if I want to get back in to developing again.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I am not sure what other issues finless 2.0 had. I have not really reviewed the thread.

Comment

so far so good .. I am finding this ROM quite stable.. no issues so far.. I am able to play games as well using the latest remote control app ..
          I recommend others to give this rom a try.

btw.. the video shared by dfgas seems to be private.. not accessible

Comment

Originally posted by mystguy View Post
            so far so good .. I am finding this ROM quite stable.. no issues so far.. I am able to play games as well using the latest remote control app ..
            I recommend others to give this rom a try.

btw.. the video shared by dfgas seems to be private.. not accessible
            Heh. Fixed that. Not sure how it got to private again but now its back to public.

Comment

wow! this rom is awesome
              No breaks, better wifi and almost 12000 on antutu. Thank you for the advice!

What version of XBMC are you using?

If finless could mod this rom with his usual tweaks it would be fantastic!

Comment

wow! this rom is awesome
                No breaks, better wifi and almost 12000 on antutu. Thank you for the advice!

What version of XBMC are you using?

If finless could mod this rom with his usual tweaks it would be fantastic!
                I am using the nightly from that day that I made thread. I am pretty happy with it and so far wifi is best I have seen from my mx2

Comment

Can you play 1080p smoothly?

I haven't tried any nightly yet because many add-ons are still incompatible with gotham. I'm using justXBMC apk, but I can't get 1080p to work.

Comment

I have not seen any rom play 1080p good yet but in I have not tried this rom for that yet

Comment

This rom is only missing one thing that is important to me: Miracast / wireless display

Do you know if finless 2.0 has it? I can't remember...

Comment

This rom is only missing one thing that is important to me: Miracast / wireless display

I dont believe so but not totally sure.

Comment

Wi fi display

Confirming that Finless 2.0 have wi fi display app but I never use it cause I don't have another jelly bean device so don't know if it works.
                          Is this new ROM worth to go from finless 2.0? How are gameloft games on it? And is there option when flashing to have 4 gigs for apps? Does logitech web cams working on it?
                          I would also be happy if Bob would put his hands to this rom- than we will have final ROM for MX1/MX2.

Comment

are you able to give static IP in this ROM? i'm considering to switch my mx1 i wifi supports static IP
                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by HaLLoWeD View Post
                              are you able to give static IP in this ROM? i'm considering to switch my mx1 i wifi supports static IP
                              Thanks
                              Dont they all?

Comment

Working...
                              X