Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MINIX X5 android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM (beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did anybody achieve to rebuild the 0.9 with the 1080p kernel from the 0.8 ?

if it has not been done yet, i would also be interested in a tutorial on how to do that myself

thanks again to karel for his work !

Comment

Solution !

Dear all,

After a week of tests and investigations, I managed to successfully flash an hybrid 1080p version of the 0.9 Karel ROM

To do so, I unpacked the images of the "0.8 1080p" and the "0.9 720p" versions. Then, I combined the "System.img" and "Parameter" from the 0.9 into the 0.8 (according to Karel these are the only changes).

Pay attention that the installation process is different than the standard RKBatchTool.

You will need to first unzip the archive below and then follow the instructions described in the README.TXT file.

DOWNLOAD THE "KAREL v0.9 1080p BY KALHIMEO" HERE

Note: I also tried to repack the rom into a regular .img to be flashed with RKBatchTool, but that always failed. If anybody can do that, it would be much easier for new users.

Enjoy !
      Last edited by kalhimeo; 02-02-2015, 16:15. Reason: fixed credits

Comment

Originally posted by kalhimeo View Post
        Dear all,

After a week of tests and investigations, I managed to successfully flash an hybrid 1080p version of the 0.9 Karem ROM

To do so, I unpacked the images of the "0.8 1080p" and the "0.9 720p" versions. Then, I combined the "System.img" and "Parameter" from the 0.9 into the 0.8 (according to Karel these are the only changes).

Pay attention that the installation process is different than the standard RKBatchTool.

You will need to first unzip the archive below and then follow the instructions described in the README.TXT file.

DOWNLOAD THE "KAREM v0.9 1080p BY KALHIMEO" HERE

Note: I also tried to repack the rom into a regular .img to be flashed with RKBatchTool, but that always failed. If anybody can do that, it would be much easier for new users.

Enjoy !
        Hello, I havee been using the rom since it first came out and the nand flash issue was my only problem.I will try your fixed rom out.But PLEASE, the one who made this rom is "KAREL" not KAREM .

Comment

Originally posted by ronnietibe View Post
          Hello, I havee been using the rom since it first came out and the nand flash issue was my only problem.I will try your fixed rom out.But PLEASE, the one who made this rom is "KAREL" not KAREM .
          Fixed, sorry for the typo

Comment

New Official Rom

HI! i've being using this rom since it came out. now i found in minixforum that there's a new official ROM 4.4.2. Will try that. just to let you know guys. cya

Comment

Could somebody please tell me which base source can be used to build Minix ROM. I just want my MINIX box boot with my logo, and then load an app at default (Like a web server to show a page...) ?
              I read some instructions but they tangle me.
              Thanks so much

Comment

-resolved-

"KAREM v.0.9 1080p by KALHIMEO"

how can I have root permissions on this rom? thank you
                Last edited by xmax; 09-16-2015, 13:40.

Comment

Working...
                X