Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MINIX X5 android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM (beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MINIX X5 android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM (beta)

Originally posted by KAR View Post
    Karel, any plans for the mini?

Thx kat
    No

Comment

Originally posted by karel View Post
      No
      Aaah to bad

Comment

Karel would it be possible to make a 8gb version for the apps. 4 gb appears to be to small.

Thx Kar

Comment

why ethernet mac change after reboot?

Comment

Originally posted by alig83 View Post
            why ethernet mac change after reboot?
            It's a KitKat loader bug. I have fixed it with an init.d script. Now it is static again.

Comment

Love the ROM

Karel,

Finally got time to load the ROM on my x5, both netflix, youtube are working well.

Thanks you very much.

Comment

Karel would it be possible to make a 8gb version for the apps. 4 gb appears to be to small.

Thx Kar
                Hij Karel, can you check this ?

Comment

Hij Karel, can you check this ?
                  8Gb for the apps is a small edit in the parameter file. You can do it yourself using the "RK3xxx Firmware Tools by SergioPoverony" and extract the firmware and edit the parameter file using the included editor and then rebuild the firmware.

Within a month I will release a new version with some fixes like the changing LAN mac address and support for additional remote controls. AND a new SPMC version supporting the rockchip VPU using libstagefright (hardwaredecoding) which was broken in the last two gotham SPMC versions.

Comment

8Gb for the apps is a small edit in the parameter file. You can do it yourself using the "RK3xxx Firmware Tools by SergioPoverony" and extract the firmware and edit the parameter file using the included editor and then rebuild the firmware.

Within a month I will release a new version with some fixes like the changing LAN mac address and support for additional remote controls. AND a new SPMC version supporting the rockchip VPU using libstagefright (hardwaredecoding) which was broken in the last two gotham SPMC versions.
                    Hij Karel,

Thx just tried but nu luck.. Somehow it keeps 4 gb.

Thx Ronald

Comment

Hij Karel,

Thx just tried but nu luck.. Somehow it keeps 4 gb.

Thx Ronald
                      Working now So I have your FW now with the 8 GB app partition. In case someone need it the 8gb 720p can be found here (Install at your own risk):

X5_KitKat_720p (8GB)

Thx,
                      KAR
                      Last edited by KAR; 07-24-2014, 10:37.

Comment

How to from KitKat to JB

Working now So I have your FW now with the 8 GB app partition. In case someone need it the 8gb 720p can be found here (Install at your own risk):

X5_KitKat_720p (8GB)

Thx,
                        KAR
                        Hi, I Flash the Kit KAT FW onNeo X5, now I wants return back to 4.2, every time I flash older version , it stuck in Recovery Mode . loading show successful.
                        Can any one help to resolve this .

Comment

AW: MINIX X5 android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM (beta)

Thank you for this Rom, it works just great. There is only one thing that i really miss. is it possible to make the camera work? when i open the camera app, i see: can't connect to the camera.
                          log:

Comment

Originally posted by zykhan View Post
                            Hi, I Flash the Kit KAT FW onNeo X5, now I wants return back to 4.2, every time I flash older version , it stuck in Recovery Mode . loading show successful.
                            Can any one help to resolve this .

did you solve this? i know if you flashed kitkat you have to re select the loader in the stock rom to go back to jb just make sure loader for jb selected iit come in few roms.
                            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmin View Post
                              Thank you for this Rom, it works just great. There is only one thing that i really miss. is it possible to make the camera work? when i open the camera app, i see: can't connect to the camera.
                              log:
                              https://app.box.com/s/qhk4p5n2nkitnscvqx6a
                              Could be that it is not recognized. What is brand/type is you camera? I can have a look if it is supported in the kernel sources.

Comment

AW: MINIX X5 android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM (beta)

Could be that it is not recognized. What is brand/type is you camera? I can have a look if it is supported in the kernel sources.
                                thank you for the answer. i have a logitec hd camera (i will write the exact nr when i am home)and it worked with all roms i tried before( finless 1.3/ finless 1.2b)

EDIT: logitec c 920
                                Last edited by Cmin; 08-07-2014, 20:51.

Comment

Working...
                                X