Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MINIX X5 android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM (beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix and Navi-X?

Hi there. Love this rom and SPMC runs great except live streams from Navi-X, I haven't been able to play a single one yet).....I was previously on Finless 1.3 ROM and netflix from Play Store ran perfect. On this Kitkat rom there is a severe audio/video sync issue. Is there something I can do or does someone have a netflix apk for a good working version? Thanks.

Comment

ear phones jack

Hi Karel,
      Is the any chance that you will make the headphone jack work?

Comment

Hi Karel,

Any Idea when you will start working at a new KK version for the X5 ?

Thanks
        KAR

Comment

Originally posted by karel View Post
          Within a month I will release a new version with some fixes like the changing LAN mac address and support for additional remote controls. AND a new SPMC version supporting the rockchip VPU using libstagefright (hardwaredecoding) which was broken in the last two gotham SPMC versions.
          Any news on the new version?

I use my X5 to watch football streams using ethernet connection, do you recommend me to use this Kitkat or 4.2.2 ROM?

Thanks

Comment

hi

Not seach bluetooth headphone sony ericsson. I hope you fix last version. Thanks. when have last version. Can't waiting...

Comment

Originally posted by arkashkin View Post
              Hi Karel,
              Is the any chance that you will make the headphone jack work?
              No, the source files give a conflict (which means it will consumes much time to get it working). If you have a receiver you can use the headphonejack of the receiver. Otherwise you should use the crappy jellybean firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Casterina View Post
                Any news on the new version?

I use my X5 to watch football streams using ethernet connection, do you recommend me to use this Kitkat or 4.2.2 ROM?

Thanks
                Definitely I recommand KitKat ROM for online streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by hoangan123 View Post
                  Not seach bluetooth headphone sony ericsson. I hope you fix last version. Thanks. when have last version. Can't waiting...
                  BT is tricky. I can connect with my phone using bluetooth. So some devices work some don't. This can be fixed, but takes a lot of effort/time. So I won't fix it unless it will be fixed by rockchip in the ROM/kernel sources.

Comment

Originally posted by KAR View Post
                    Hi Karel,

Any Idea when you will start working at a new KK version for the X5 ?

Thanks
                    KAR
                    I only have made some small patches which (in my opionion) aren't worth releasing a new version.

Do you have a big issue with the daily use of the ROM?

Comment

Standby does not work. Do you have a fix for this?

For the rest it is pretty stable. And sound output via synology audio is crappy. Also is there an image for the mini ?

Which patches do you have b
                      Available?

Thx kar

Comment

MINIX X5 android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM (beta)

Originally posted by KAR View Post
                        Standby does not work. Do you have a fix for this?

For the rest it is pretty stable. And sound output via synology audio is crappy. Also is there an image for the mini ?

Which patches do you have b
                        Available?

Thx kar
                        I disabled the power / standby key in the remote .kl file. Meaning standby doesn't work. The advantage is that accidentally pressing the powerbutton want have a negative effect.

Install synology audio on your phone/tablet and use XBMC (on the synology) as external player. I use my own compiled version of KODI which has no audio issues and enables passthrough.

I made a script to get a fixed MAC address, which is useful when using portforwarding (example sickbeard updates on XBMC).

I added additional remote controls .ko files.

The mini has different hardware (which i don't have). Meaning a different .config is needed to compile a kernel for the mini. So no image available.

Comment

Re: MINIX X5 android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM (beta)

I disabled the power / standby key in the remote .kl file. Meaning standby doesn't work. The advantage is that accidentally pressing the powerbutton want have a negative effect.

Install synology audio on your phone/tablet and use XBMC (on the synology) as external player. I use my own compiled version of KODI which has no audio issues and enables passthrough.

I made a script to get a fixed MAC address, which is useful when using portforwarding (example sickbeard updates on XBMC).

I added additional remote controls .ko files.

The mini has different hardware (which i don't have). Meaning a different .config is needed to compile a kernel for the mini. So no image available.
                          Ok thx

Comment

please tell me. whether there is this rom in CWM to flash via SD Card

Comment

Re: MINIX X5 android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM (beta)

Originally posted by ilim View Post
                              please tell me. whether there is this rom in CWM to flash via SD Card
                              No, only able tot flash with a PC, because a different bootloader is included.

Comment

No, only able tot flash with a PC, because a different bootloader is included.
                                Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X