Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MINIX X5 android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM (beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with the IR remote

Hi Karel,

Thank you for your work.

Yesterday I have installed the 1080 version but now the MINIX IR remote does not go and It is imposible to manage the MINIX. ¿How is it posible?

In other way, I can´t control the MINIX with the RKremote control, the device is not found.

Regards.

Comment

Does Netflix work on this ROM? Is it affected by the "Scrambled screen" issue like HWguru's JB rom ?

EDIT: Netflix works, no scrambling.
      Last edited by lech; 10-20-2014, 04:43. Reason: Update

Comment

Addons problem with SPMC

Hi Karel,

Thank you for your work.

I am really getting a lot of problem with addons on SPMC. Can someone uplaod a MINIX X5 build.prop in order to be able to install the Minix XBMC. I would like to see if it is better with this version of XBMC.

Thanks

Comment

any reason I couldn't use twrp instead of cwm with this? netflix is perfect and my x5 has never worked so well with an official rom

Comment

Hello and thanks for this work. I am trying right now to compile my first kernel for the X5. I am basically following the procedure outlined here. I get ok compiles and images created. But nothing will boot after flashing. One thing I note is that the zImage produced is only about 50% of the size of the kernel.img that I see for the Finless 1.3 I am currently using. So something must be way off. If you have managed to compile a kernel from source, could you possibly share your config.gz (or .config from your built tree)? I want to compare what I have against something that is known to boot on the X5. I cannot seem to find this anywhere else. Thanks very much.

Comment

Hello, I'm not a rom expert, so could someone make a flashable image with the 1080p kernel for v0.9 or a repackage of the 720p image with 1080p kernel ?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for this! I am ready to try to install it. it took some doing but I now have batchtool going and it seems my Neo X5. I have extracted the zip and see the .img file. I can load it into batchtool fine. But I am not sure if I hit the upgrade or the restore button. I think I read somewhere I can get into trouble doing the wrong thing. So what is the right thing?

And will installing this mess with my CWM Recovery and the ability to restore a nandroid backup of my current Finless 1.3 setup in case this goes bad?

Thanks

Comment

I managed to get X5_kitKat_720p v0.9 downloaded and installed on my Neo X5. One small step as they say. In so doing I noticed:

(a) All my apps are gone. Perhaps not to be unexpected.

(b) My CWM install seems to have survived. I haven't yet tried to use it but I can boot into it.

(c) I have attached the Neo to 2 devices - both via HDMI. The first is a Benq 1920x1080 monitor and all looked fine. However, the monitor info says the signal it is getting is 1920x1080 which seems odd given this is called a 720p firmware. The other is my Vizio TV. When connected there, the TV signal info shows as 1080p. In this case, the monitor's MAX resolution is spec'ed to be 1360x768 (its native) and is seems that part of the action bar at the bottom is off-screen.

I am not sure if these results are as should be and what, if anything, I can do about the action bar off-screen on the TV.

Thanks

Comment

A- apps pretty easy to re install use Google play store if saved it will show all the ones you had before.

B- Part of install

C- Think you can change to what your monitor is in settings pretty easy. But keep in mind changes won't be in affect until you re boot ( android issue can't change on fly)

Edit- adjust screen size in settings too ��

Regards.
                    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                      A- apps pretty easy to re install use Google play store if saved it will show all the ones you had before.

B- Part of install

C- Think you can change to what your monitor is in settings pretty easy. But keep in mind changes won't be in affect until you re boot ( android issue can't change on fly)

Edit- adjust screen size in settings too ��

Regards.
                      No worries on the apps/data. I think there are plenty of ways to do that.

I checked and was not able to find anything in settings to adjust HDMI in any way (resolution, scale, etc). There is a Settings->Display but it contains only screen timeouts, fonts, wallpapers - nothing like what I need. I have checked and I can make adjustments via a root shell as follows:

echo "===== Adjusting screen ======="

echo xscale=95 > /sys/devices/platform/rk-fb/graphics/fb0/scale

echo yscale=95 > /sys/devices/platform/rk-fb/graphics/fb0/scale

echo 1280x720p-60 > /sys/class/display/display0.HDMI/mode

After this, the TV signal info shows 720p and the entire image will fit on the screen. It seems to get reset every time the TV is turned off/on. But I could tie the script to a widget for easy running, if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by karel View Post
                        I have updated the rom to version 0.9 (download link in first post).

New in this rom:
                        Disabled power button Minix X5 remote (unable to enter sleep mode (which doen't work))
                        4GB --> 8GB app space.
                        Fixed MAC address on LAN.
                        Added some remote control support by adding some .ko files.

If you don't need any of these fixes then there is no reason to update.

I have updated my homemade passthrough enabled kodi (14.0 alpha 4), which runs very well on this rom.

http://www.FreakTab.com/showpost.php?p=212189
                        Hello and thanks for this ROM. I am working with 0.9, 720p now on my X5. I wonder if you can explain how the LAN MAC issue is supposed to be fixed? On my device, I get a new MAC with each reboot. I thought I read something about a script somewhere in this thread. I need to go Ethernet since WIFI on my device keeps dropping on this ROM for some reason. I do note that the WIFI MAC is staying the same across reboots. Thanks

Comment

Sorry for all these posts but I am a newbie (if you cannot tell).

* First, I can see the "fix" for the ethernet MAC in init.d but the MAC addresses I see for the ethernet card are not at all like this and vary with each boot. At first I thought this might be because there were no execute permissions on the "fix" file. I was able to change this but that made no difference. No idea why, but the "fix" isn't working for me. Drat!

* Next, I am having troubles running /system/bin/screenshot and directing its output to /sdcard or /external_sd. The problem may be related to what is shown here. Here is the ls output for /mnt:

drwxrwxrwx 2 system system 0 Oct 21 18:24 BluRay
                          drwxr-xr-x 2 root system 40 Oct 21 18:24 asec
                          drwxrwxr-x 8 system 1023 16384 Jan 1 1970 external_sd
                          drwxrwxr-x 4 system 1023 8192 Jan 1 1970 internal_sd
                          drwxr-xr-x 2 root system 40 Oct 21 18:24 obb
                          lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 Oct 21 18:24 sdcard -> /storage/emu
                          lated/legacy
                          drwx------ 4 root root 80 Oct 21 18:24 secure
                          drwx------ 3 shell shell 0 Oct 21 18:24 shell
                          dr-xr-xr-x 2 media 1023 40 Oct 21 18:24 usb_storage

and for /storage/emulated:

drwxrwx--x 34 root 1028 4096 Oct 21 18:41 0
                          drwxrwx--x 34 root 1028 4096 Oct 21 18:41 legacy

* Let me say that I am not up on the whole emulated storage stuff. I haven't seen that on my Note I or on this same device under Finless 1.2 or 1.3. Is this new with KitKat or is this something specific only to this ROM?

* I know this is a bit out there but... I regularly use Team Viewer Q/S to access this computer from my office while it is connected to my TV across the house. This is quite useful. I had no problems with this under Finless but now when I connect for remote control the screen image is presented 180 degrees off (bottom on top). I have tried to find a way to correct for this myself - like trying to tell the framebuffer to rotate. But it appears that these commands have no impact - just like none of the screen rotate apps have no effect. Perhaps rotation is simply compiled out of this firmware - which makes sense for this device - but leaves me little or no options to address this. Interestingly, VNC seems to work in this regard - but it has many other issues so it is no replacement for TeamViewer.

Thanks for your help/tips. Overall this firmware seems a good step forward.

Comment

What do I need to do to get my remote working ? Looks like this http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FtZNNdFOmF...ith+remote.jpg

Or is it not possible under this Rom ?

Thanks.

Comment

This room is very good.
                              Two questions.
                              1. Is hls streaming similar in this room compared to 4.2.2 rom?yomvi app does not work in this rom
                              2.Ligitech c series camera is not supported

Please some comments

Thanks for the rom

Comment

Anyway How can i flash the rom back to jelly beam?any help

Comment

Working...
                                X