Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MINIX X5 android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM (beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit: only have problems with otg port. Karel, can you implement wasser's otg fix? Saw in the minix x7 thread.
    Last edited by redglory; 09-24-2014, 21:20.
    Plasma: Panasonic TX-55ST60E
    HTPC: LC-Power 1320mi :: Sapphire PURE WHITE Fusion E350 :: 4GB DDR3 :: SSD Corsair Nova 2 [SO] :: 4TB [Storage] || Android PC: Minix X5
    powered by Win7 :: XBMC Gotham :: SABnzbd :: CouchPotato :: SickBeard

Comment

Originally posted by karel View Post
      I made a script to get a fixed MAC address, which is useful when using portforwarding (example sickbeard updates on XBMC).
      could you share your script, or should I wait until the next release? sweet rom, thanks!!!!

Comment

apart from OTG port and jack plug, does every other thing work ?

im a bit frustrated over the random freezes i get with Finless1.3 for this unit. i have the same problem on 2 different boxes.

So can those in this thread recomend this kitkat beta or is it not entirely mature yet for daily run

is there any update coming Karel sir ?

Comment

No, the source files give a conflict (which means it will consumes much time to get it working). If you have a receiver you can use the headphonejack of the receiver. Otherwise you should use the crappy jellybean firmware.
          Does this mean that USBaudio support is included? (I have not received my Mele F10 pro yet, but I want to make sure its jack audio will work before installing this rom)

Does the 1080p work as smooth as the 720p does?

btw, thanks for the rom!
          Last edited by repulse; 10-06-2014, 21:30.

Comment

Originally posted by repulse View Post
            Does this mean that USBaudio support is included? (I have not received my Mele F10 pro yet, but I want to make sure its jack audio will work before installing this rom)

Does the 1080p work as smooth as the 720p does?

btw, thanks for the rom!
            I don't have/use a Mele F10 pro. So you have to test yourself.

Comment

I have updated the rom to version 0.9 (download link in first post).

New in this rom:
              Disabled power button Minix X5 remote (unable to enter sleep mode (which doen't work))
              4GB --> 8GB app space.
              Fixed MAC address on LAN.
              Added some remote control support by adding some .ko files.

If you don't need any of these fixes then there is no reason to update.

I have updated my homemade passthrough enabled kodi (14.0 alpha 4), which runs very well on this rom.

Comment

Damn Good

Karel,
                I gotta say this is the best ROM out there for the X5. I have stayed out of the forums and about given up on the x5 box until I saw this Rom a couple days after you had firstposted it. I tried it and have not had one freeze or reboot since and my box is left on 24/7 .It is also the fastest and most responsive Rom I have used. For those who ask I have used all x5 roms and I have used most every hack and trick there is for the x5. I have had an x5 since they first started the x5 and before finless bob ever made his first rom for it.I am Hempwizard on minix forumsand tried to answer questions and help people there for a while. So yes ,I Do know the x5 well and I DO believe this is the best rom for it hands down. This is after weeks of constant use.

One question though, is there an easy way to use kitkats multi user option without rebooting to get the lockscreen to come up ?

Thanks again for an awesome Rom,
                Ronnie

P.S. Admin should Sticky this ROM at the top of the list

Comment

Hello Karel,

I have been using your 0.8 until now, great rom, just one annoying thing : i have to switch audio settings to something else than HDMI, then switch back to HDMI before i get audio on my surround receiver. But otherwise : clean, fast, smooth, no hangs, no reboots.

I don't want to be rude or be impatient, but is a 1080p ROM of v0.9 coming soon ?

Thanks again !

Comment

Originally posted by jefke View Post
                    Hello Karel,

I have been using your 0.8 until now, great rom, just one annoying thing : i have to switch audio settings to something else than HDMI, then switch back to HDMI before i get audio on my surround receiver. But otherwise : clean, fast, smooth, no hangs, no reboots.

I don't want to be rude or be impatient, but is a 1080p ROM of v0.9 coming soon ?

Thanks again !
                    I will try this then.

just one thing:1080

Comment

Re: MINIX X5 android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM (beta)

Originally posted by jefke View Post
                      Hello Karel,

Thanks again !
                      No 1080p this time.

Comment

No 1080p this time.
                        what's the reason? I mean, I'm not much interested in 1080p because I feel720p smoother (which is quite obvious), but what's the reason you are not going to compile a 1080p kernel this time?
                        I'm going to flash 0.9 right away, and again, thank you for your work

Comment

Originally posted by repulse View Post
                          what's the reason? I mean, I'm not much interested in 1080p because I feel720p smoother (which is quite obvious), but what's the reason you are not going to compile a 1080p kernel this time?
                          I'm going to flash 0.9 right away, and again, thank you for your work
                          No reason. Rk3066 isn't made for 1080p on android. Btw the kernel is the same as in v0.8 the changes are made in system.img and the parameter file.

Comment

EDIT: Wrong thread

Comment

SPDIF passthrough on Plex

Karel, thank you for a buttery smooth rom. My X5 works smoother than ever before even with the 1080p version.

The only issue that I'm having is SPDIF passthrough. No matter which sound device I choose, I don't get 5.1 audio in the Plex app. Prior to this, I was on the Finless 1.3 ROM and when I set it to SPDIF passthrough, I would get 5.1 channels.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Will the KODI passthrough work for Plex?

Thanks in advance and once again, great work!

Comment

Hi Karel,
                                i am going to flash this new rom but before i have some question for you.
                                Is possible to install a cwm recovery for kitkat?
                                Where can i found that?
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X