Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MINIX X5 android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM (beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lech View Post
    What do I need to do to get my remote working ? Looks like this http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FtZNNdFOmF...ith+remote.jpg

Or is it not possible under this Rom ?

Thanks.
    I have the same problem, my remote (the same in the picture) doesn't work with 720p_0,9.

It's only our problem ?

thank you for you help

Comment

Originally posted by hanso77 View Post
      I have the same problem, my remote (the same in the picture) doesn't work with 720p_0,9.

It's only our problem ?

thank you for you help
      Hi I tried to flash version 720_0.8 but to no success, same problem the remote control does not work.

The X5 model in my possession is the NEO-X5-116A V2 and the remote is identical to that one of Neo X7.

Is it possible that there are two versions of X5 and the one in my possession use driver / HW different for the remote control?

Ciao

Comment

Originally posted by hanso77 View Post

It's only our problem ?

thank you for you help
        I have an older version of the X5 remote. So maybe the IR codes are changed in the new remote.
        I have put IR codes (only from the older X5 remote) in the source files before compiling the kernel. If the IR codes have changed you can edit the IR codes in the sources and compile your own kernel. Or you can buy a logitech harmony and use the X5 remote, or you can use the rkremotecontrol android app.

Comment

Originally posted by karel View Post
          I have an older version of the X5 remote. So maybe the IR codes are changed in the new remote.
          I have put IR codes (only from the older X5 remote) in the source files before compiling the kernel. If the IR codes have changed you can edit the IR codes in the sources and compile your own kernel. Or you can buy a logitech harmony and use the X5 remote, or you can use the rkremotecontrol android app.
          Thanks for all Karel. I would like to be able to do this and make some other minor changes to the kernel for debugging. I have tried using the sources referenced above as well as looked at the pizza config (and the others as well). After many attempts, despite good compiles, all of my efforts result only in black screens at boot time. As a kernel newbie, I could sure use some help in these areas:

(a) Could you provide the config you are using or put it into the kernel?

(b) After a compile (make), what steps are needed to install the kernel so it will boot?

I have read alot of postings about this. But all seem targeted to linux rather than Android. So perhaps that is where I am going wrong.

Thanks very much.

Comment

Originally posted by davidw View Post
            Thanks for all Karel. I would like to be able to do this and make some other minor changes to the kernel for debugging. I have tried using the sources referenced above as well as looked at the pizza config (and the others as well). After many attempts, despite good compiles, all of my efforts result only in black screens at boot time. As a kernel newbie, I could sure use some help in these areas:

(a) Could you provide the config you are using or put it into the kernel?

(b) After a compile (make), what steps are needed to install the kernel so it will boot?

I have read alot of postings about this. But all seem targeted to linux rather than Android. So perhaps that is where I am going wrong.

Thanks very much.
            a) Here you have the config file I used. LINK

b) To install the kernel you should use the Flash tool and select the parameter file used in the ROM you flashed. Then only select the kernel.img and flash. Also the kitkat bootloader (RK30xxLoader(L)_V2.13.bin) should be sinatlled otherwise a KK kernel won't boot. If you flashed my rom it is allready installed.

If you want to change IR codes or add other IR remotes you can do that by editing the file "rkxx_remotectl.c"

BTW I updated Kodi with passthrough using the Kodi beta 1 sources. It works really well with my rom. Check

Comment

a) Here you have the config file I used. LINK

b) To install the kernel you should use the Flash tool and select the parameter file used in the ROM you flashed. Then only select the kernel.img and flash. Also the kitkat bootloader (RK30xxLoader(L)_V2.13.bin) should be sinatlled otherwise a KK kernel won't boot. If you flashed my rom it is allready installed.

If you want to change IR codes or add other IR remotes you can do that by editing the file "rkxx_remotectl.c"

BTW I updated Kodi with passthrough using the Kodi beta 1 sources. It works really well with my rom. Check
              Thanks very much. I have indeed flashed your ROM using BatchTool 1.7. Overall, it is really slick. But there has been some incompatibility on all ROMs (including yours) with my TV which causes crashes of the X5 when turned on after the X5 has been sitting doing nothing at all for a period. It does not happen ever with my HDMI computer monitor. This is a pain and what I am trying to resolve.

I cannot wait to try this out. I presume that after "make -j4" (or similar) you either "make kernel.img" (which runs mkrnlimg) or something else before the flash attempt. I am not sure if a crc'ed kernel.img should be flashed or a compressed image out of arch/arm/boot. I have been trying to flash the uncompressed result from "make kernel.img". Any suggestions?

Finally, I am using the tools/instructions provided by Finless here to extract parameter info and to flash the image. I extract the parameter file as instructed, edit it to remove junk at begin/end, rename it parameter.txt. But I have not been flashing parameter thinking I have not changed anything so why? Does it have to be flashed with the new kernel? If so, that could explain much of my problem.

Thanks for all your fine work, time, and help.

Comment

Thank you Karel for your help i'll try use the rkremotecontrol.
                I don't have the ability to compile my own kernel.

Ciao

Comment

It is possible install wifidisplay in this room?Does anyone have the apk? I want to mirror the screen from the phone to the minix.thanks all

Comment

Re: MINIX X5 android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM (beta)

Originally posted by maorr View Post
                    It is possible install wifidisplay in this room?Does anyone have the apk? I want to mirror the screen from the phone to the minix.thanks all
                    You can install the wifidisplay apk but mirroring won't work. The kitkat rockchip sdk sources don't support it.
                    You can use other mirroring apps like airreceiver and the waxrain airplay app.

Comment

VPN Issue

Hi karel,

at first I want to thank you for this great and stable Rom!

I use my Minix to watch netflix and in the past I could use Apps like Hola unblocker and similar VPN Clients to unlock geoblocked content e.g Netflix US.
                      I updated to Version 0.9 recently and since then no VPN Client works on the Minix X 5. Open VPN Clients can't load the configuration and also with Hola I can't establish a connection. Since these VPN-APPs worked in the past I'd like to know if you made any changes in the ROM that might cause this issues.

I know it's a very specific problem and that every network setup, router etc. is different but I thought that you might know a workaround or that somebody has a similar issue.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi karel! Your Rom works amazing.only there's one bug.when I put the device to sleep I can not wake it up. With finless Rom I just press any button and the device wakes up. But that doesn't happen now.
                        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Mist View Post
                          Hi karel! Your Rom works amazing.only there's one bug.when I put the device to sleep I can not wake it up. With finless Rom I just press any button and the device wakes up. But that doesn't happen now.
                          Thanks!
                          This issue is already mentioned in earlier posts and is not going to be fixed by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn87 View Post
                            Hi karel,

at first I want to thank you for this great and stable Rom!

I use my Minix to watch netflix and in the past I could use Apps like Hola unblocker and similar VPN Clients to unlock geoblocked content e.g Netflix US.
                            I updated to Version 0.9 recently and since then no VPN Client works on the Minix X 5. Open VPN Clients can't load the configuration and also with Hola I can't establish a connection. Since these VPN-APPs worked in the past I'd like to know if you made any changes in the ROM that might cause this issues.

I know it's a very specific problem and that every network setup, router etc. is different but I thought that you might know a workaround or that somebody has a similar issue.

Thanks in advance!
                            I don't use VPN with the Minix X5. I didn't make any source changes regarding VPN.

Comment

Re: MINIX X5 android 4.4.2 KitKat ROM (beta)

This issue is already mentioned in earlier posts and is not going to be fixed by me.
                              Thx for the fast replay. No worries, it's not something that make the Rom less enjoyable.

Comment

Is there any solution or workaround for full HLS support? Some streaming apps don't work

Comment

Working...
                                X