X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nandroid Manager

This is a very useful app for managing CWM backups

Nandroid Manager free from Play store. have been using for some time on my SGS3 & Nexus 7
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever

Comment

working like a charm

cx919 1gb

Comment

Originally posted by jellywobbles View Post
        This is a very useful app for managing CWM backups

Nandroid Manager free from Play store. have been using for some time on my SGS3 & Nexus 7
        ...yes, the same people also do a free onandroid backup app (for rooted devices), which makes a customizable onandroid backup to your specified target folder - without having to boot into recovery. Backed up my mk908 to ext. SD card last week ...seemingly without problems.
        Because it doesn't power down, it even puts the correct date and time in the backup file name.

Comment

Re: cwm recovery for rk3188

Originally posted by Torkemada View Post
          i receive this:
          Code:
          u0_a48@android:/ $ adb cat/tmp/recovery.logAndroid Debug Bridge version 1.0.31
          -d                           - directs command to the only connected USB device
                                          returns an error if more than one USB device is present.
          -e                           - directs command to the only running emulator.
                                          returns an error if more than one emulator is running.
          -s <specificdevice>          - directscommand to the device or emulator with the given
                                          serial number or qualifier. Overrides ANDROID_SERIAL
                                          environment variable.
          -p <product name or path>     - simple product namelike 'sooner', or
                                          a relative/absolute path to a product
                                          out directory like 'out/target/product/sooner'.
                                          If -p is not specified, the ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT
                                          environment variable is used, which must
                                          be an absolute path.
          devices[-l]                 - list all connected devices
                                          ('-l' will also list device qualifiers)
          connect <host>[:<port>]       -connect to a device via TCP/IP
                                          Port 5555 is used by default if no port number is specified.
          disconnect [<host>[:<port>]]  - disconnect from a TCP/IPdevice.
                                          Port 5555 is used by default if no port number is specified.
                                          Using this command with no additional arguments
                                          will disconnect from all connected TCP/IP devices.
          device commands:
            adb push <local> <remote>    - copy file/dirto device
            adb pull <remote> [<local>]  - copy file/dir fromdevice
            adb sync [ <directory> ]     - copyhost->device only if changed
                                          (-l means list but don't copy)
                                          (see 'adb help all')
            adbshell                   - run remote shell interactively
            adb shell<command>          - runremote shell command
            adb emu<command>           - run emulator console command
            adb logcat [ <filter-spec> ] - View device log
            adb forward <local> <remote> - forward socket connections
                                          forward specs are one of:
                                            tcp:<port>
                                            localabstract:<unix domain socket name>
                                            localreserved:<unix domain socket name>
                                            localfilesystem:<unix domain socket name>
                                            dev:<character device name>
                                            jdwp:<process pid> (remote only)
            adbjdwp                    - list PIDs of processes hosting a JDWP transport
            adb install [-l] [-r] [-s] [--algo <algorithm name> --key<hex-encoded key> --iv <hex-encoded iv>] <file>
                                        - push this package file to the device and install it
                                          ('-l' means forward-lock the app)
                                          ('-r' means reinstall the app, keeping its data)
                                          ('-s' means install on SD card instead of internal storage)
                                          ('--algo', '--key', and '--iv' mean the file is encrypted already)
            adb uninstall [-k] <package> - remove this app package from thedevice
                                          ('-k' means keep the data and cache directories)
            adbbugreport               - return all information from the device
                                          that should be included in a bug report.
            adb backup [-f <file>] [-apk|-noapk] [-shared|-noshared] [-all][-system|-nosystem] [<packages...>]
                                        - write an archive of the device's data to <file>.
                                          If no -f option is supplied then the data is written
                                          to "backup.ab" in the current directory.
                                          (-apk|-noapk enable/disable backup of the .apks themselves
                                             in the archive; the default is noapk.)
                                          (-shared|-noshared enable/disable backup of the device's
                                             shared storage / SD card contents; the default is noshared.)
                                          (-all means to back up all installed applications)
                                          (-system|-nosystem toggles whether -all automatically includes
                                             system applications; the default is to include system apps)
                                          (<packages...> is the list of applications to be backed up.  If
                                             the -all or -shared flags are passed, then the package
                                             list is optional.  Applications explicitly given on the
                                             command line will be included even if -nosystem would
                                             ordinarily cause them to be omitted.)
            adb restore <file>          - restore device contents from the <file> backup archive
            adbhelp                    - show this help message
            adbversion                 - show version num
          scripting:
            adbwait-for-device          - blockuntil device is online
            adbstart-server            - ensure that there is a server running
            adbkill-server             - kill the server if it is running
            adbget-state               - prints: offline | bootloader | device
            adbget-serialno            - prints: <serial-number>
            adbget-devpath             - prints: <device-path>
            adbstatus-window           - continuously print device status for a specified device
            adbremount                 - remounts the /system partition on the device read-write
            adb reboot [bootloader|recovery] - reboots the device, optionally intothe bootloader or recovery program
            adb reboot-bootloader        -reboots the device into the bootloader
            adbroot                    - restarts the adbd daemon with root permissions
            adb usb                     - restarts the adbd daemon listening on USB
            adb tcpip<port>            - restarts the adbd daemon listening on TCP on the specified port
          networking:
            adb ppp <tty> [parameters]   - Run PPP over USB.
          Note: you should not automatically start a PPP connection.
          <tty> refers to the tty for PPP stream. Eg. dev:/dev/omap_csmi_tty1
          [parameters] - Eg. defaultroute debug dump local notty usepeerdns
          adb sync notes: adb sync [ <directory> ]
            <localdir> can be interpreted in several ways:
            - If <directory> is not specified, both /system and /datapartitions will be updated.
            - If it is "system" or "data", only thecorresponding partition
              is updated.
          environmental variables:
           ADB_TRACE                   - Print debug information. A comma separated list of the following values
                                          1 or all, adb, sockets, packets, rwx, usb, sync, sysdeps, transport, jdwp
           ANDROID_SERIAL              - The serial number to connect to. -s takes priority over this if given.
            ANDROID_LOG_TAGS            - When used with the logcat option, only these debug tags are printed.

1|u0_a48@android:/ $
          when i write adb backup [-all] i receive unable to open file./backup.ab
          Sorry typo fault is:
          adb shell cat /tmp/recovery.log

Originally posted by Desperado_22 View Post
          I have installed cwm successfully (one included in Hoabycsr roms) on my MK908 v3.
          Is there a way of starting the stick in cwm recovery directly using only hw, like pin+power for starting in bootloader.... I had a boot loop and would have liked to have gone straight to restore the backup from the ext. sd card, but couldn't get into recovery.
          I don't know for the moment, let me try it and I will tell you.

leolas
          REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
          My devices:
          Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
          MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
          Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
          Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
          Gearbest.com)
          MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
          Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
            I qill try to finish the 908 recovery and the next one is yours.
            Waiting for feedback about T428.

leolas
            about the T428, after hitting the "reboot to recovery" button, it shows a black screen and freezes. i installed the recovery.img with finless loader,unchecked everything except recovery,and hit flash rom. if i did somethong wrong let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by tdriver View Post
              about the T428, after hitting the "reboot to recovery" button, it shows a black screen and freezes.
              Uff this one boots in my qx1, and seems to work.
              Please what is your Rom? And how you installed it?

leolas
              My devices:
              Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Uff this one boots in my qx1, and seems to work.
                Please what is your Rom? And how you installed it?

leolas
                rom is HFW v1.2.1 Hybrid Firmware by lewy20041 , i installed it with the supplied flash tool in the rom.

Comment

rom is HFW v1.2.1 Hybrid Firmware by lewy20041 , i installed it with the supplied flash tool in the rom.

This way to install it is not ok.
                  You need the flash the recovery using the flash tool included in Bob Finless roms, or installing busybox and terminal emulator. In the first post you have the info.
                  The tool included in lewy Rom or stock roms flash the entire Rom in one file. And it is not valid to flash only a Rom part
                  Please read the first post in this thread.

leolas
                  My devices:
                  Gearbest.com)

Comment

This way to install it is not ok.
                    You need the flash the recovery using the flash tool included in Bob Finless roms, or installing busybox and terminal emulator. In the first post you have the info.
                    The tool included in lewy Rom or stock roms flash the entire Rom in one file. And it is not valid to flash only a Rom part
                    Please read the first post in this thread.

leolas
                    this is actually what i mean. the entire rom i flashed with supplied tool, and recovery i installed with finless flash tool (unchecked everything except recovery)

Comment

this is actually what i mean. the entire rom i flashed with supplied tool, and recovery i installed with finless flash tool (unchecked everything except recovery)
                      ok, sorry I missunderstand you, I will try to install it again and see what is the problem.

Tested again, and it boots well in my qx1 and works well, I will try to make this one again, I am downloading more 908vI roms too to make one for them too.
                      When I finish those I will make more for the devices you posted.
                      My devices:
                      Gearbest.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Desperado_22 View Post
                        ...yes, the same people also do a free onandroid backup app (for rooted devices), which makes a customizable onandroid backup to your specified target folder - without having to boot into recovery. Backed up my mk908 to ext. SD card last week ...seemingly without problems.
                        Because it doesn't power down, it even puts the correct date and time in the backup file name.
                        I have had BIG issues with this free app. Many backups made with this are corrupt. Have had this problem with my SGS3 & Nexus 7. Try restoring a backup - see if its OK first. I have deleted this app & no longer use it.

To be safe it is best to reboot into CWM and make backup from there

Comment

ok, sorry I missunderstand you, I will try to install it again and see what is the problem.
                          leolas - I have CWM running on the HFW v1.2.1 Hybrid Firmware by lewy20041. No problems other than some of the left hand side of the display on the TV screen is missing.

Instead of saying "Backing up boot image" I get "king up boot image" The "Bac" is missing off the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by jellywobbles View Post
                            leolas - I have CWM running on the HFW v1.2.1 Hybrid Firmware by lewy20041. No problems other than some of the left hand side of the display on the TV screen is missing.

Instead of saying "Backing up boot image" I get "king up boot image" The "Bac" is missing off the screen.
                            But lewy made his firms for various devices what is yours? T428 too?
                            The screen size can be solved if your screen have a autoadjust or overscan function. If not you can try to resize it from adb, sam321 gave us what is the command.

leolas
                            My devices:
                            Gearbest.com)

Comment

About T428

I instaled without PC using instructions on 1st post.
                              I have a Finless1.6 ALPHA TEST.

WORKED LIKE A CHARM.

Thanks Leolas

Comment

But lewy made his firms for various devices what is yours? T428 too?
                                The screen size can be solved if your screen have a autoadjust or overscan function. If not you can try to resize it from adb, sam321 gave us what is the command.

leolas
                                Sorry I should have said - I am running an X7.

Thanks for tip will look for info from sam321

Comment

Working...
                                X