This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Yes you can just flash the kernel to change it. No need to flash everything.

Bob
    Ok thx Bob for quick reply. About ehomemediacenter and wifidisplay; is there anyway I can manually install them? Cant find any apks for them. Thx again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestercity View Post
      Ok thx Bob for quick reply. About ehomemediacenter and wifidisplay; is there anyway I can manually install them? Cant find any apks for them. Thx again.
      May be Bob could do us the favor to upload them to his Google-Drive?

So you could get it both of them from there...

Comment

The only versions of those APPs are for 4.2.2. I do not know if they run on 4.4.2. Maybe not and maybe why they were not provided with the ROM?

I have to leave for the day but I will test those and see if they can be installed as user apps and will work.
        Those are RK apps so again I am doubting they work on 4.4.2 but only testing will see.

If you guys want to try, flash my latest 4.2.2 ROM for your stick.
        Use ES File explorer and copy those out of /system/app to your SDcard.
        Now reflash back to 4.4.2 and try to install them from SDcard. Do not put them in /system/app on 4.4.2 as I bet they wont work there as a system APP.

If they do install and work on 4.4.2 I will make you guys a simple update.zip to install them.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Here are the APKs

eHomeMediaCenter_box.apkRkExplorer.apkWifiDisplay.apk

EHomeMediaCenter
          WiFiDisplay
          RKExplorer

I assume it is ok to post them here. They are from 4.2.2 Hope this helps.

Brad

Comment

USB hub issue

Thank for the ROM Bob, fast and good-looking. However, I have faced an issue which was not present in 1.6b:

When multiple hard drives (2x WD Elements 2TB with their own adapters) are plugged into an USB hub, the device only recognizes and mounts one of them. If is connect one after the other, the second one is not mounted. Tried changing the hub, same result

Comment

Hi Finless,

Thanks for this great Rom!

I tested the following on a CX919:

WifiDisplay: When installing .apk file it gives the error message: APK not installed.

E-homemediacenter with RK Remote Control app: Devices are only recognized when using the old
              RKRemoteControl 1.1.0 app. Versions 2.0.2 and 2.0.3 are not recognizing the Android Stick.

The 1.1.0 version recognize the device as Ehomemediacenter but the app is not working because mouse and keyboard are not reacting.

Download of old 1.1.0 version: link

Download of new 2.0.3 version: link

Comment

Will this work with my Diaotec RK3188 J22? I cracked it open and verified that it has the AP6210 WiFi.

Comment

Hi Finless!

I wasn't able to find/install the two following apps because it says it's not compatible:

With the stock rom of Android 4.4.2 Kitkat i'm able to install them.

Do you recommend in this case to the rename the build.prop and then rename the build.orig to -> build.prop?

Comment

To be clear

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    The partitions have changed with kitkat so your cwm won't work.
                    You can back up now then if you go back to a 4.2.2 you can use cwm backup. But not between 4.2.2 and kitkat.

Bob
                    . I understand you could not use a backup that was created on 4.2 to restore on kit kat. But, are you saying that the cwm for cx919 can not be used to create a backup of kit kat? Thanks

Comment

any chance of adding or making kernel with this settings (J22) ?
                      can't make working kernel myself (or maybe github to this kernel)?

wifi_power gpio 268 - RK30_PIN3_PB4
                      wifi_resetuse gpio 231 - RK31_PIN2_PA7

In arch/arm/mach-rk3188/board-rk3188-ds1006h-sdmmc-config.c

#elif defined(CONFIG_BCM4329) || defined(CONFIG_BCM4319) || defined(CONFIG_RK903) || defined(CONFIG_RK901) || defined(CONFIG_AP6330) || defined(CONFIG_AP6210)

#define RK30SDK_WIFI_GPIO_POWER_N RK30_PIN3_PB4

#define RK30SDK_WIFI_GPIO_POWER_ENABLE_VALUE GPIO_HIGH

#define RK30SDK_WIFI_GPIO_RESET_N RK30_PIN2_PA7

#define RK30SDK_WIFI_GPIO_RESET_ENABLE_VALUE GPIO_HIGH

BLUETOOTH
                      poweron gpio 269 - RK30_PIN3_PB5
                      wake gpio 278 - RK30_PIN3_PC6
                      wake_host gpio 279 - RK30_PIN3_PC7

arch/arm/mach-rk3188/board-rk3188-box.c
                      #ifdef CONFIG_RFKILL_RK_POWERON_PIN3_PD1
                      .io = RK30_PIN3_PB5,
                      #else
                      .io = RK30_PIN3_PB5, //Moded for neomode SAW - RK30_PIN3_PD1, //RK30_PIN3_PC7,

#ifdef CONFIG_RFKILL_RK_WAKE_HOST_PIN3_PC6
                      .io = RK30_PIN3_PC6,
                      #else
                      .io = RK30_PIN3_PC6, //moded for neomode RK30_PIN3_PC7, //SAW - RK30_PIN3_PC6, // set io to INVALID_GPIO for disable it

Comment

Hi all,

Can, you guys post antutu scores and the kernel that you use?
                        What about the 1080p videos? Is there any stuttering?

Thanks! and Bob, you rule!! Keep up the good work!!

Comment

FARCKLE!!!!!!!

Comment

i tried the rom on my mk802iv ap6210. i found everything good, except one critical thing! antutu 3d score with everyoced kernel i tried goes only from 1200 with 798mhz to 1100 with 400mhz! don't know why! any ideas? bob what do you think? thanks!

Comment

Is this rom works on MK908 v3 ???
                              www.sacvideolari.com www.babatorik.com

Comment

NOTE: YOU MUST FLASH THE BOOT LOADER (RK3188Loader(L)_V2.08.bin) WITH THIS ROM! If you don't you will be bricked!
                                If you decide to go back to 4.2.2 ROMs you MUST flash the loader for that not this new one!

How do I flash the loader of the 4.2 ROM if I were to go back from Finless' 4.4 ?

I'm just afraid that my wifi won't work with this rom since the 4.4 beta posted originally loads but leaves me without wifi...

GM282 / CX-919II

Comment

Working...
                                X