X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AW: NEW - Finless ROM 2.0 - KitKat 4.4.2 for AP6210 wifi - BETA

Originally posted by Mopheus View Post
    Hi Bob, is there any chance to get a kernel with 1024x768 (4:3) resolution ? I have an old led projector that would be great for this MK908ii but using 16:9 resolutions kills the idea (all movies look deformed).

Any chance ??? PLEASEEEEEE
    +1, would love to simply plug in my Android stick with a HDMI to VGA Adapter to a beamer for short presentations.

Btw, what are your scores in AnTuTu? With my mk908ii I get ~12000 points, with the notice of a bad gpu performance? Thought the mali400 would be more powerful....
    Also I notice some serious lag with this rom, it takes a few seconds to open up the app draw or the recent apps?
    (I'm using nova launcher, not sure if this is important)

I would also like to ask one more question: is it possible to enable the multiple user feature of Android 4.3+? Haven't found anything about this yet...

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      That's because it isn't made for 919-ii

Bob
      How is it not for 919-ii? Its a RK3188 device with an AP6210.... If its not for these specs then what is this thread doing un the RK3188 Devices section and does it say AP6210 wifi in the topic?

Comment

Originally posted by MnC2004 View Post
        How is it not for 919-ii? Its a RK3188 device with an AP6210.... If its not for these specs then what is this thread doing un the RK3188 Devices section and does it say AP6210 wifi in the topic?
        Bob wrote:
        While I built and tested this on my CX-919 it should also work for the following devices:
        CX-919, MK908-II, GM282, GK525, iMito QX2, IPPLI Mars I2C
        I cant see the CX-919ii on this list but the GM282 is for some reason.

Tronsmart makes 3 versions of the MK-908 with the exact same specs and some ROMs dont work on all of them.

Comment

I've been testing this ROM for the past few hours on my MK908ii.

Seems good. Still have issues streaming HD movies from NAS over WiFi via XBMC but I had these before.

Can anyone advise how I change the cursor? And also, where I might download new cursors?

Thanks

Comment

Re: NEW - Finless ROM 2.0 - KitKat 4.4.2 for AP6210 wifi - BETA

Originally posted by Bazmamfoo View Post
            I've been testing this ROM for the past few hours on my MK908ii.

Seems good. Still have issues streaming HD movies from NAS over WiFi via XBMC but I had these before.

Can anyone advise how I change the cursor? And also, where I might download new cursors?

Thanks
            Forgot to mention, I'm also having the volume problems that others have reported. Hopefully this will be fixed so and then we'll have ourselves a great ROM

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by darrellr View Post
              Test AP6210 ->
              Sorry for noob question, but what is this kernel any different then the kernels provided by finless in first post in this thread? Please advice, to this point still not impressed by my mk908ii and looking for some improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Lestercity View Post
                Sorry for noob question, but what is this kernel any different then the kernels provided by finless in first post in this thread? Please advice, to this point still not impressed by my mk908ii and looking for some improvement.
                No.

I have produced a kernel for AP6210 (some MK908 variants - sorry I don't understand the variants) to test native 1080 desktop. It is mildly overclocked (1.7 GHz CPU and 667 DDR). If you are happy to flash non-standard test kernels then give it a go and report back. I don't have any AP6210 equipment to test it myself.

It's worth mentioning I removed the HDMI frequency fix on this build so it should use EDID to get TV capability.
                Attached Files
                Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
                Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
                Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
                Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
                CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
                Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
                RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

No.

I have produced a kernel for AP6210 (some MK908 variants - sorry I don't understand the variants) to test native 1080 desktop. It is mildly overclocked (1.7 GHz CPU and 667 DDR). If you are happy to flash non-standard test kernels then give it a go and report back. I don't have any AP6210 equipment to test it myself.

It's worth mentioning I removed the HDMI frequency fix on this build so it should use EDID to get TV capability.
                  Tested it with MK908II. My projector takes the 1080p. Antutu also shows it to be 1080p. Score was 1700. Wifi works. BT not tested. In my opinion the user interface is more 'sluggish' then the 720p kernel supplied in the start post.
                  --
                  MK908II T

Comment

NEW - Finless ROM 2.0 - KitKat 4.4.2 for AP6210 wifi - BETA

Originally posted by ToBe View Post
                    Tested it with MK908II. My projector takes the 1080p. Antutu also shows it to be 1080p. Score was 1700. Wifi works. BT not tested. In my opinion the user interface is more 'sluggish' then the 720p kernel supplied in the start post.
                    Thanks, appreciate the feedback.

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'

Donate to Finless

Comment

I have figured out how to patch stock binary KitKat kernels to 1080P now. Thanks for help from darrellr and wasser.

So I will also be releasing a 1080 kernel made from the stock Tronsmart kernel for those that want it.

darrellr's kernel will probably be faster though. I am not sure. I am testing this stuff now.

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        I have figured out how to patch stock binary KitKat kernels to 1080P now. Thanks for help from darrellr and wasser.

So I will also be releasing a 1080 kernel made from the stock Tronsmart kernel for those that want it.

darrellr's kernel will probably be faster though. I am not sure. I am testing this stuff now.

Bob
                        Will changing the kernel improve playback of streaming content in XBMC? I am on kitkat custom rom mk908ii but XBMC will crash on playback 720p movies.

Comment

Re: NEW - Finless ROM 2.0 - KitKat 4.4.2 for AP6210 wifi - BETA

Originally posted by Lestercity View Post
                          Will changing the kernel improve playback of streaming content in XBMC? I am on kitkat custom rom mk908ii but XBMC will crash on playback 720p movies.
                          Me too

Comment

NEW - Finless ROM 2.0 - KitKat 4.4.2 for AP6210 wifi - BETA

What version of xbmc are you using?

Donate to Finless

Comment

What version of xbmc are you using?

using latest nightly ends in video stuck in green screen following by crash. Using frodo the playback is very stuttering. Using SPMC updated for kitkat also stuttering playback. Have to say when I use nightly or spmc kitkat on my nexus 7 2013 stock kitkat with custom kernel everything runs smooth! Is it hardware related? If so please let me know, because the main thing I bought my mk908ii is for running xbmc on it. Thx for your quick replies, much appreciated!

Comment

I'm using frodo - latest stable. Doesn't crash constantly but a lot more FCs than I had on jelly bean

Comment

Working...
                                X