• Show
Clear All

QX1 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

QX1 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

[Custom ROM] by The Nitro TeaM Quickshot V2
    THe TeaM Nitro presents
    -------------------------------
    ***** ***** Quickshot v2 ***** *****

The Nitro TeaM (TNT) is formed : Litry , Tincore , Leolas , Skelton and Daemonium

Well, this time we want to offer the second version of Quickshot, it has some improvements and make the rom easier to use, we have worked hard on it and hope you enjoy it.

Changelog:

- Based on the stock rom 008 from Minix , we have gutted it and we added everything that seemed useful for us.
    - We have removed the overlay by default, we find it useless and it results in wrong identification of the device resolution in various applications.
    - Wifi workaround that let us activate and desactivate wifi, and use wifi in reboot. (Imito gives us very low support but Freaktab.com&AndroidPC.es do it for free )
    - Debloated, this time rather more than in any previous version.
    - Rooted with the latest SuperSU installed.
    - Updated and full working Busybox.
    - All Google Apps updated to their latest version .
    - Added init.d support. It was tested and works great.
    - Added adb tcp (by wifi or ethernet) and adb is working from the start while you connect the OTG USB to PC.
    - Now from terminal or adb you can use the nano editor to edit files .
    - Some TCP tweaks
    - Launcher-MOD , transparency and customizing launchers and background. Look at the wallpapers available, they are great.
    - Pre-installed apps Es FileExplorer, Mxplayer, Firefox, Tincore KeyMapper, Reboot apk, Beyond xbmc from Flumpster (thanks a lot to him), Adaway, terminal emulator, Sony Walkman music player, youtube HD, etc ... All applications are installed as user, so if you want, you can uninstall them without problems.
    - Added Quickflasher and KeyMapper from Tincore, great job done, later we will explain something more about those applications.
    - Added some support for mele F10 and RiiMini i8 .
    - Added a quick configurator to start .
    - Replaced the framework cursor.
    - CWM recovery installed automatically after first boot . Now you can make backups of your Rom, install updates from the cwm recovery or restore previous backups.
    - From this version we have a new system ROM update , now just copy the files that we will provide to the sdcard or external sd for the update.
    - We provide a large number of custom kernels with speeds for all people, at 720p and 1080p, from a simple oc, to a very aggressive oc, we will give you the choice , remember that very aggresive oc can generate more heat in the microprocessor and short the life of the device, do it with moderation and knowing what you do. Is your responsability flash a custom rom.
    - Some other little tweaks applied.

THIS ROM IS FOR IMITO QX1 DEVICE WITH WIFI CHIP RTL8189ES, IS NOT CONFIRMED, BUT SEEMS THAT THERE IS OTHER VERSION OF THE STICK WITH OTHER WIFI CHIPSET. IF YOU INSTALL THIS ROM AND YOU CANT GOT WIFI WORK THEN YOU HAVE THE OTHER WIFI CHIP.

WIFI WORKAROUND HAS A LITTLE INCONVENIENCE, WHEN YOU RESTART USING THE BUTTON IN SYSTEMBAR YOU WILL ENTER IN A BOOTLOOP, IF THIS HAPPENED TO YOU, YOU ONLY NEED TO DISCONNECT THE PSU, AND THE STICK WILL WORK AGAIN. We are working in a full fix but it can last some time and we want you enjoy the rom and not have to wait more. And we think that it is a little inconvenience, anyway wifi it will not work in any other rom (Thanks Imito again for your support)

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

ROM:

To install from pc:

QUICKFLASHER PATCHES:

kernels pack:

Here is a kernel to use if you got some stability problems with your qx1, maybe you have a rk3188T and this kernel is capped his max cpu speed.:
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Some options:

Big icons (for 1080p kernels):

Small icons (for 1080p kernels) it comes by default:

If you use a Ethernet adapter or you dont want the wifi start automatically in each boot:

STOCK APPS FROM ROCKCHIP DELETED IN THIS CUSTOM(you must unzip them and install ithem one by one):

Pimpmaneaton MOD:EyeCandy theme for Quickshot Rom (Thanks a lot to him )

Last edited by leolas; 02-17-2014, 17:50.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

HOW TO INSTALL IT:

1. Using THE PC:

Flashing from windows XP, windows 7 or windows 8, that's the easy way. If you are using linux, windows 8.1, or MACOS things can get pretty complicated .

This process will erase everything we have installed in our imito qx1 (inclusive the sdcard), so backup whatever you want before flashing the ROM

Download and unzip the rom.

Connect a usb cable from pc to the microUSB OTG port, then, using a paperclip, press the reset button located next to the microUSB OTG port and press the power button , the PC will detect new hardware connected .
    Run RkAndroidtool.exe and press ERASE IDB , wait until the process ends, then press Run and this will flash the new ROM , after that the device will automatically reboot. At first, it will enter in the stock recovery and some internal partitions will be formatted . Then it will restart again and your new ROM will start to boot. VERY IMPORTANT!! DO NOT DISCONNECT THE DEVICE IN THIS PROCESS.

Sorry but in this version we cant made a cwm zip to install the rom because we needed to change the partitions sizes, so you can install it only from PC.

POST-INSTALLATION TIPS:

Once the ROM boots, an installation wizard appears.
    -Select your language, by default it is in Spanish. Move up or down until you find your own language.
    -We set our wifi network.
    -You can set your GMAIL-PLAY STORE account.
    -Once the process is complete, press the HOME button (the house symbol) and you will boot in your new ROM.

You are now ready to enjoy the ROM. While you are setting up your account details a new CWM recovery is installed on your recovery partition and some additional programs, all as user and you can unsinstall them from settings without any problems if you want.

SOME VERY USEFULL APLICATIONS INCLUDED:

This Rom includes a special app designed by Tincore so anyone can Flash a kernel or install little updates easily with a few clicks, this app is called QuickFlasher (a great job of Tincore, who has worked hard to give this usefull app to all users)
    This Rom comes with the stock kernel with the ram OC to 720 (note that 720 is the ddr ram speed not the display), the user experience is great.
    You must download the zip files that we will provide, some with kernels inside and some of them with little updates/patches, like small or big Icons, enable overlay (we dont recommend to use overlay), etc... then you only have to put those files in a folder called quickflasher on the sdcard (/sdcard/quickflasher), open quickflasher, accept the disclaimer, select the zip file that you put in the folder /sdcard/quickflash/) and push install the update/patch.
    Make it easier is impossible, don't you think? Changing your kernel will not be a task reserved for average users.
    We included links to a lot of patched kernels and for some options at the download section.

Other application from our team member Tincore, is a keymapper, used to configure all kinds of input devices: USB remotes, keyboards, mouse, airmouses, simulates touchs with our mouse/airmouse clicks. It is a great complement to any Stick or TV Box, in our opinion is a program that simply must be in these devices. If you want to use Tincore you have a WIKI about how to use it where it is explained properly how to use.
    WIKI: https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...3TJ1-jmmZJbFOw
    Help forum: https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...XLy0t6IOH2xRhA

We included in this Quickshot Beyond XBMC 3.1 from Flumpster (Thanks a lot to him, is the best xbmc we found actually) You can find his thread at:

We also incorporate Reboot.apk, another app made by Petrus at http://www.freaktab.com, an application that allow us different reboot mode and shutdown. If you are tired of use the clip to press the hidden reset button in order to enter recovery or Bootloader. With this app you can do it in a couple of clicks from android.

Our rom also installs cwm recovery in the tvstick after the first start, as you can see, the stock recovery is very limited and doesn't allow us to do virtually nothing useful, with cwm recovery you will be able to make a backup of your rom and restore it later, update roms without pc and apply updates too, if you're tired of having to configure the full rom whenever we install it from scratch (either by a fail by touching something, one thing that worked before and now there is no way, etc...) Once installed the rom, fully configured, with the programs that we use, then make a backup from cwm and if something fails, in 5 minutes you can restore it from cwm recovery. We will also try to use cwm to add the updates in the rom. Forget about to have to connect to PC and install the updates from the qx1, this will make the same easy

This rom also includes ADAway, it updates our host file and block some advertising and banners.

With the rom we include Youtube HD, (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1529715 all credits to theos0o from XDA), now in advanced settings you can choose 720p or 1080p. This is not the most updated youtybe, but it can play at real 720p or 1080p.

We also advise that you see and try the new wallpapers added to the stock launcher, a great (and funny) work by Litry.
    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

CONFIGURATION RECOMENDATIONS:

After the rom is installed there is some suggestions we made for you:
      -Go to settings, in WiFi section, if you use wifi, we recommend that you press the 3 dots points that appear in the top right of the screen, select Advanced settings and deactivate WIFI optimization, our Android tvbox uses no battery and it is better to have wifi to 100% always.
      -If we don't use BT, disable it, if we use it, from here we can setup and configure our Bluetooth devices.
      -Please do the same with Ethernet, if you don't use it, disable it.
      -If we do not use a 3G Dongle, like most dont, we recommend to disable in more/mobile networks/ enable data and data roaming, put both of them disable.
      -If we dont want the system bar appears. Go to Settings->Display, and select autohide system tray. It will hide the status bar in sll apks except launcher, take care that xbmc is considered like a launcher for the system, so it will not autohide for xbmc.
      -In the screen section, you can set multiple values, in scaled screen we must adjust the bar to match the edges of our android system with our TV or screen.
      -if we want an icon for screenshot in our system tray we can activate it in settings/screenshotsettings.
      -in the applications section, we have all that come installed with the rom, we have included the apps we consider essential, but are all as user applications, so if them bother you, you can remove them without problems.
      -In language and text input, we have a couple of options that we recommend, Tincore Keymapper, to configure your input devices: pads, josticks, airmouse, keyboards, etc... and NULL INPUT METHOD, a very usefull application that prevents Google Keyboard to be displayed if you're using external keyboard. By default, I advise you to install any of these two.
      -development options, we recommend that you activate Stay awake option, this makes the HDMI output not turning off when we take a while without using the device, the device remains on without entering the suspension mode.
      -also in development options, there are a few options who decrease the duration and transitions of the animations used by the system, we see the Minix X7 fast enough to move Android without problems, but if anyone wants more smooth feeling, we suggest you to put 0,5x window animation scale; transition-animation scale and length animation scale.

REMEMBER NOT TO USE THE OPTION TO REBOOT FROM THE STATUS BAR, USE FOR REBOOT THE REBOOT.APK INCLUDED IN THE ROM, IF YOUR DEVICE ENTER IN BOOTLOOP, THE SOLUTION IS VERY EASY, UNPLUG FROM DC, WAIT 2 SECONDS AND PLUG IT AGAIN.

Thanks to:

-To all people from AndroidPC.es&Freaktab.com.
      -Minix for its Colaboration.
      -fun for the cwm recovery binary. (http://www.androtab.info)
      -Petrus (http://www.freaktab.com) for its implementation of reboot.
      -Phjanderson for his rkpatchomatic tool.
      -Flumpster for the great work in Beyond XBMC.
      -Pimpmaneaton for his great visual mod, EyeCandy theme for Quickshot Rom.

The Nitro Team.
      My devices:
      Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

reserved
        There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Thank you

Thank you so much guys. Will install tomorrow and report. i was watching this space almost eveyday for this .
          Get 15 GB Free Cloud Storage on Copy.
          https://copy.com?r=ihG93E

Comment

Re: QX1 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by lionsl2005 View Post
            Thank you so much guys. Will install tomorrow and report. i was watching this space almost eveyday for this .
            Nice! We want some feedback

leolas.
            My devices:
            Gearbest.com)

Comment

wow, a new one already

loco workspeed you guys have.

but i like it.

grandes bolas de Android para esta ROM

Comment

leolas ( and Nitro Team )

Thanks for the updated ROM... I'm flashing now.

If I may suggest something... in the instructions, perhaps suggesting an amount of time to wait before disconnecting the OTG port may be nice for some users... I'm assuming 5-10 minutes should be enough on mine.

Comment

I guess while I'm getting things re-setup on my fresh install of this ROM... I can at least post a thing or to that other's may find handy...

On Fumpster's Beyond XBMC ... there is a lot of preloaded stuff and because of this it takes a bit to setup the first time through... I'll quote that info from the release post...

It takes a long time on first run (about 2 minutes) while it sets everything up. The screen will go black and then it will go thru a few backgrounds, Just wait it out. It will launch normally after the first time.

I did notice a minor issue on this Rom during the first run setup... Right after selecting your language.. the very next screen is still in the default language... it's really a non-issue since it is just telling you to wait a moment.

Comment

It looks like I may not be able to run this ROM version at this time...

My primary use is for running XBMC... on this ROM, my device seems to turn off when running either Beyond XBMC or justXBMC both of which operated fine on leolas' 1.5a QX1 ROM

Kernel is the 1080p DDR720 ... which is the same kernel clock I used previously. I may test to see if I can use the previous kernel in this ROM and if it works... I'll report back.

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                      It looks like I may not be able to run this ROM version at this time...

My primary use is for running XBMC... on this ROM, my device seems to turn off when running either Beyond XBMC or justXBMC both of which operated fine on leolas' 1.5a QX1 ROM

Kernel is the 1080p DDR720 ... which is the same kernel clock I used previously. I may test to see if I can use the previous kernel in this ROM and if it works... I'll report back.
                      Changing back to the previous kernel from 1.5a resolved the issue I was seeing in XBMC ( both versions I tested ).

The only change I made initially was to install to large icon set using the Quickflasher ( which works great btw ).

I loose the feature of the wireless being re-enabled on boot that the new ROM's kernels have... and whatever else they may bring. On the otherhand... I do get the other features provided in the ROM outside of those in the kernel.

This issue was showing itself ( in Beyond XBMC first then justXBMC later ) at different times... the first time was just as I was configuring XBMC Backup just as I was about to apply the path to the backup files. It did this a couple of times like that so I reflashed the whole ROM at that point just to see if it was a bad flash. After the second flash, I did get slightly further and the restore just began before the device shut off. At this point, I installed and tested with justXBMC and it got about 5% through the restore before it happened again. All of the previous was with the original kernel that got flashed initially. I flashed the kernel with the DDR OC'd to 720... and the problem repeated. This was when I posted about the issue and then tried the older kernel which is at this time, working fine.

If needed... I can test other kernels if the cpu and memory isn't OC'd ... the DDR works ok at 720.

Speculation... Since I just got this QX1, it may have one of the RK3188T chips in it... I haven't opened it to verify yet so that is pure speculation based simply because I wasn't able to OC beyond the stock speed it came with ( 1.6Ghz )

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, pléase can you use no frill cpu control or other app to check what is your Max cpu speed? Using those apps you can set max cpu to 1400 and see if it improves.

If someone open his qx1 and found a rk3188T, please tell me because it can help.

Anyway, i will make a kernel with 1400 max speed, I removed in my sources the capped 1400 source code for T versions.

EDIT: Here is the new kernel:
                        MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

leolas.
                        Last edited by leolas; 01-31-2014, 11:08.
                        My devices:
                        Gearbest.com)

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                          Thanks for the feedback, pléase can you use no frill cpu control or other app to check what is your Max cpu speed? Using those apps you can set max cpu to 1400 and see if it improves.

If someone open his qx1 and found a rk3188T, please tell me because it can help.

Anyway, i will make a kernel with 1400 max speed, I removed in my sources the capped 1400 source code for T versions.

EDIT: Here is the new kernel:

leolas.

Thanks leolas,

Unfortunately, even when clocked at really, really slow ( 1.4 Ghz ) the problem remains.

I did notice the issue happens ( in XBMC ) at about 2-5 minutes... usually between 2-3. This gave me some ideas to test but none showed any difference in the end. Just to document them anyway... Because of this amount of time it takes to happen is close to the time set for either Daydream or the Screensaver in XBMC to come on... I have tested with both enabled and disabled. I also enabled/disabled the Developer setting for "Stay awake". No combination that I tested ( I think that is 9 combo's for each kernel I tested ) made any difference and resulted in the new kernel as always turning off at some point when in XBMC.

On the old kernel from v1.5a ... no problem with any settings. This kernel has no CPU setting so is at the default 1.6 Ghz for my CPU, it does OC the DDR to 720... no OC on the GPU and it has the QX1 Wifi fix in it.

On the new kernel I used the Same OC settings as the old one that doesn't have the problems. I also tested the one with the CPU set to 1608 ( all other settings the same, ie DDR_720, no GPU OC ) as well as that latest one with the CPU set to 1400 and whatever other settings it has.

So far the only disadvantage I'm seeing by using the older kernel is that I have to manually enable the WiFi... which I was already getting used to... I suspect if I knew how to properly make an init.d script, I wouldn't even need that... my last attempt didn't work so I got something wrong

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                            Thanks leolas,

Unfortunately, even when clocked at really, really slow ( 1.4 Ghz ) the problem remains.

I did notice the issue happens ( in XBMC ) at about 2-5 minutes... usually between 2-3. This gave me some ideas to test but none showed any difference in the end. Just to document them anyway... Because of this amount of time it takes to happen is close to the time set for either Daydream or the Screensaver in XBMC to come on... I have tested with both enabled and disabled. I also enabled/disabled the Developer setting for "Stay awake". No combination that I tested ( I think that is 9 combo's for each kernel I tested ) made any difference and resulted in the new kernel as always turning off at some point when in XBMC.

On the old kernel from v1.5a ... no problem with any settings. This kernel has no CPU setting so is at the default 1.6 Ghz for my CPU, it does OC the DDR to 720... no OC on the GPU and it has the QX1 Wifi fix in it.

On the new kernel I used the Same OC settings as the old one that doesn't have the problems. I also tested the one with the CPU set to 1608 ( all other settings the same, ie DDR_720, no GPU OC ) as well as that latest one with the CPU set to 1400 and whatever other settings it has.

So far the only disadvantage I'm seeing by using the older kernel is that I have to manually enable the WiFi... which I was already getting used to... I suspect if I knew how to properly make an init.d script, I wouldn't even need that... my last attempt didn't work so I got something wrong
                            a init.d script is a good idea for the meantime
                            if you need help i can assist

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
                              a init.d script is a good idea for the meantime
                              if you need help i can assist
                              That would be great if you ( or someone ) would...

Here is what the ROM already has... In fact, it works the the new kernels but not the old ones ( which is odd )

Location /etc/init.d/
                              Filename 25WifiOnInit ( no .sh extention )
                              Permissions rwxr-xr-x

Code:
                              #!/system/bin/sh

/system/xbin/sleep 40
                              /system/bin/svc wifi enable

Comment

Working...
                              X