QX1 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok let's try something .
    Next time you reboot, open terminal emulator or access by adb and run the command manually
    svc wifi enable. if this turns on your wifi then play with the sleep time in the script increasing or decreasing it. I will suggest to start with lower values like 5/10/20 and growing by steps of 10.
    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
      ok let's try something .
      Next time you reboot, open terminal emulator or access by adb and run the command manually
      svc wifi enable. if this turns on your wifi then play with the sleep time in the script increasing or decreasing it. I will suggest to start with lower values like 5/10/20 and growing by steps of 10.
      Thanks... I'll give it a shot later after work

Comment

Re: QX1 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Hi guys. just flashed the Rom with 720 p kernel . When booting this come to this screen. I thing this is boot into cwm screen. Try to click any option But nothing happening Why this happened . Did I remove too early ( I left it for 10 min)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
        Attached Files
        Get 15 GB Free Cloud Storage on Copy.
        https://copy.com?r=ihG93E

Comment

Originally posted by lionsl2005 View Post
          Hi guys. just flashed the Rom with 720 p kernel . When booting this come to this screen. I thing this is boot into cwm screen. Try to click any option But nothing happening Why this happened . Did I remove too early ( I left it for 10 min)

Yes that is the stock recovery

Install from pc again, but this time let it plugged about 10 minutes to be sure that all goes ok.

leolas
          REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
          My devices:
          Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
          MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
          Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
          Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
          Gearbest.com)
          MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
          Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Thanks Leolas. I will try again and report.

Comment

Originally posted by lionsl2005 View Post
              Thanks Leolas. I will try again and report.

For sure it will work, 10 minutes ago I had to reinstall it again erasing nand (because I ruined it testing a full fix for the reboot problem, again it didnt work either ) and it was installed great

leolas.
              My devices:
              Gearbest.com)
              Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

ok let's try something .
                Thanks again for the assist...

I ended up using 80 ( seconds )... any shorter and it was intermittent if it was going to enable. While it hasn't finished negotiating yet ( not blue, still grey )... it is connected before the desktop wallpaper is shown and finishes the negotiation shortly after that point.

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                  Thanks again for the assist...

I ended up using 80 ( seconds )... any shorter and it was intermittent if it was going to enable. While it hasn't finished negotiating yet ( not blue, still grey )... it is connected before the desktop wallpaper is shown and finishes the negotiation shortly after that point.
                  Sorry my English is not so good and i have been drinking some beer :P
                  do you mean it works by a sleep time of 80?
                  There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Sorry my English is not so good and i have been drinking some beer :P
                    do you mean it works by a sleep time of 80?
                    Your English is fine... having some beer is a good thing, just don't have too much of a good thing

Yes... I increased the sleep time up to 80.

The boot animation lasts for 1m 50s.... before the wallpaper is shown so 1m 20s sleep time isn't hurting a bit IMO

Comment

Your English is fine... having some beer is a good thing, just don't have too much of a good thing

Yes... I increased the sleep time up to 80.

The boot animation lasts for 1m 50s.... before the wallpaper is shown so 1m 20s sleep time isn't hurting a bit IMO
                      With the old kernels I made before, sleep in init.d don't help, In the new kernels I use the same workaround, sdio_reset(host), but in other place, so now, sleep command in int.d helps to activate WiFi after reboot,
                      If someone want the sources, please only ask me, and I will upload them, I am a very bad code guy, and maybe someone can improve the workaround, I sent the changes to Imito to see if his engineers (if they had) can use it, but sadly they didn't answer my mails. I will follow looking for a kernel full fix, but for now this workaround is the best I found.
                      I didnt notice in my qx1 any stability issue, but my qx1 is the earliest version of the stick, I don't know if Imito introduced some changes on hardware in the new sticks.

leolas.
                      My devices:
                      Gearbest.com)

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                        I will follow looking for a kernel full fix, but for now this workaround is the best I found.
                        I didnt notice in my qx1 any stability issue, but my qx1 is the earliest version of the stick, I don't know if Imito introduced some changes on hardware in the new sticks.

leolas.
                        The 1.5a version you released worked just fine on my device, in fact, it did well enough I didn't try Bob's ROM ( and probably should at some point just to compare them )... granted I couldn't OC much but it was very stable and I never had an issue to report. The work-around that you ended up using on it for the WiFi issue may not have been what you wanted but it did work well enough and I liked the solution ... you did well and worked with what you had ... nice "out of the box" thinking.

Other than the XBMC issue that I'm seeing on my device... everything else I've tried so far it just fine ( with old or new kernel ). So don't judge your work on only my experiences on my one device... let's see what others report, I suspect mine will be an isolated issue.

I have planned to look for some thermal tape for my CPU so I can open my device and check which CPU I have, I didn't have time today... My speculation that it may be a 3188T is just speculation right now... and people are still reporting different things about the "T" models that are known also... Some work up to 1.8Ghz without noticeable problems... some 1.6Ghz and more are seeing only 1.4Ghz. At this point, the results are not consistant.

I almost wonder if the "T" just stands for tested ... lol ... then when one works good, it is locked at the highest Ghz it can handle so some are locked at 1.4.. some 1.6 etc. Until Rockchip actually gives out solid information... all we can really do is speculate and see.

Comment

With the old kernels I made before, sleep in init.d don't help, In the new kernels I use the same workaround, sdio_reset(host), but in other place, so now, sleep command in int.d helps to activate WiFi after reboot,

leolas.
                          I almost forgot to mention about this...

On mine, with the old kernel... the sleep 40 command did work but only on a couple of times. Since I played with it... the sleep 80 command has worked every time, so sleep in init.d does work just not the same as the new kernel. This also explained why my first attempt at making an init.d script didn't work... I had no sleep command in it so it was trying to initialize way too soon.

Comment

I almost forgot to mention about this...

On mine, with the old kernel... the sleep 40 command did work but only on a couple of times. Since I played with it... the sleep 80 command has worked every time, so sleep in init.d does work just not the same as the new kernel. This also explained why my first attempt at making an init.d script didn't work... I had no sleep command in it so it was trying to initialize way too soon.
                            Wow, 80 seg! I didnt tried to go so far, bigger delay I inserted was about 60s, thanks for the report, I thought that it was not working.

leolas.
                            My devices:
                            Gearbest.com)

Comment

Wow, 80 seg! I didnt tried to go so far, bigger delay I inserted was about 60s, thanks for the report, I thought that it was not working.

leolas.
                              Yeah really... who would have thought... lol

I worked it backwards... I thought that the init.d script was active during the bootanimation but wasn't certain at what time so... I timed the animation and started with that time as the baseline... then subtracted until it quit working consistently and then bumped it back up. My CPU is clocked at 1.6... I think you said you were using 1.8Ghz... so you could probably start with fewer seconds that I can since yours probably boots quicker.

Comment

Hi Guys. Flashed the ROM . booted fine. My TV is 32 inch. All the icons looks so small. Is 1080 as default on boot? After the initial setup and screen went blank. Restarted by unplugging the PSU. Booted fine. All worked great. Installed Antutu and rebooted on running Antutu and went on boot loop. Restarted again and open the beyond xbmc. Looks promising. Took a while to load. Try to open programming add on the went to boot loop again. So uninstalled beyond xbmc and installed the frodo version from xbmc.org. all working good. CPU z says its run on 1.61 GHz Max. So far using for 30 minutes all looking good. All the apps are running smooth. I ticked the button to stay awake and reduced the animation scales to .5x . Now wanted to try the big icons and some other 720p and 1080 p kernels. Noticed the stick is getting pretty hot however I have attached my heatsink now.

Comment

Working...
                                X