QX1 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic Rom

I must admit this is the fantastic ROM so far . Thank you so much Nitro Team. just flashed kernel_leolas_qx1_720p_cpu1608h_ddr720_gpu798.img_ quickflasher Kernal.
    the device is flying . Everything works Great with all the modifications i have made in my previous post.
    XBMC works really well. Really fast and fluid. Now all the icons appear big as i wanted.
    I wanted to try more Kernels will report to you.

Keep up the Good work Guys
    Get 15 GB Free Cloud Storage on Copy.
    https://copy.com?r=ihG93E

Comment

I'm glad to see you are enjoying it
      There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Re: QX1 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by lionsl2005 View Post
        Hi Guys. Flashed the ROM . booted fine. My TV is 32 inch. All the icons looks so small. Is 1080 as default on boot? After the initial setup and screen went blank. Restarted by unplugging the PSU. Booted fine. All worked great. Installed Antutu and rebooted on running Antutu and went on boot loop. Restarted again and open the beyond xbmc. Looks promising. Took a while to load. Try to open programming add on the went to boot loop again. So uninstalled beyond xbmc and installed the frodo version from xbmc.org. all working good. CPU z says its run on 1.61 GHz Max. So far using for 30 minutes all looking good. All the apps are running smooth. I ticked the button to stay awake and reduced the animation scales to .5x . Now wanted to try the big icons and some other 720p and 1080 p kernels. Noticed the stick is getting pretty hot however I have attached my heatsink now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
        Yes we made small icons by default because if you install a 720p with big icons installed you will have problems, I didn't write it, but there is a lot of different governors and io schedules with those kernels, the kernels ended with "h" at cpu speed have the lowers cpu speed at 1008mhz instead of 312 Mhz, this made the kernel response faster, but is a little hotter

leolas.
        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
        My devices:
        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
        Gearbest.com)
        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

I must admit this is the fantastic ROM so far . Thank you so much Nitro Team. just flashed kernel_leolas_qx1_720p_cpu1608h_ddr720_gpu798.img_ quickflasher Kernal.
          the device is flying . Everything works Great with all the modifications i have made in my previous post.
          XBMC works really well. Really fast and fluid. Now all the icons appear big as i wanted.
          I wanted to try more Kernels will report to you.

Keep up the Good work Guys
          Thanks if you enjoy testing new thing, there is a lot of governors and io schedulers included in the new kernels, and a new ondemand governor (my favorite and activated by default) that is included in the new 3.12 kernel.

And daemonium found recently some more tweaks that we expect to add soon, but don't worry, they will be added using or quickflasher or the new quickshot update way, without wipes , without pc and easy to do.

leolas.
          My devices:
          Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Hi leolas; So far which is your favourite and most stable kernal ??? I did test Skype with my Logitech c310. Default camera app is working with the webcam. I used bus powered hub but using in Skype crashed the system. I did test with a friend I could see his video but he couldn't see mine. May be there is not enough power for the video to work properly. . I will test with powered USB hub and report.

Comment

Hi leolas; So far which is your favourite and most stable kernal ??? I did test Skype with my Logitech c310. Default camera app is working with the webcam. I used bus powered hub but using in Skype crashed the system. I did test with a friend I could see his video but he couldn't see mine. May be there is not enough power for the video to work properly. . I will test with powered USB hub and report.

Please, one test, open terminal emulator,
              Connect the camera, and write:
              su
              dmesg>/sdcard/dmesg.txt
              Please send me that file.
              My favorite kernel is 1080p cpu1800h_ddr720_gpustock, but in my x7 using the same sources 1800 is not stable, my qx1 cpu is good making oc, but all up 1600 is a bonus, and is not equal in all devices.

leolas.
              My devices:
              Gearbest.com)

Comment

I will do when go home later.

Comment

leolas,

It is starting to look like my problems I reported are due to a faulty device...

Today, using the new ROM with the older 1.5a kernel I mentioned... XBMC shut down the device. Later, trying to backup with Titanium Backup... it would restart TB at different places during the backup. The device didn't feel hot but was a little more warm that I was used to on a 720p kernel ( to be expected ).

So I reflashed 1.5a, used the 1080p kernel with 720 DDR ( nothing else OC'd but I am using the WiFi fixed ones)... sort of the same results but it reboots instead. I dropped back to just a 1080p version no OC at all... same result, it just took longer.

So now I'm getting similar results no matter which of the two ROM's I'm on... I just quickflashed the 720p kernel w720DDR wifi from 1.5a.... I'll see how it does and if needed I'll drop back to one that isn't OC'd at all... but it isn't looking good for my device itself. In the end, I'll try the stock ROM as well just to verify all of the above results isn't a ROM based issue but the device itself.

Comment

Hi Leolas,
                    Here you go

is this ok?

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                    Please, one test, open terminal emulator,
                    Connect the camera, and write:
                    su
                    dmesg>/sdcard/dmesg.txt
                    Please send me that file.
                    My favorite kernel is 1080p cpu1800h_ddr720_gpustock, but in my x7 using the same sources 1800 is not stable, my qx1 cpu is good making oc, but all up 1600 is a bonus, and is not equal in all devices.

leolas.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                      leolas,

It is starting to look like my problems I reported are due to a faulty device...

Today, using the new ROM with the older 1.5a kernel I mentioned... XBMC shut down the device. Later, trying to backup with Titanium Backup... it would restart TB at different places during the backup. The device didn't feel hot but was a little more warm that I was used to on a 720p kernel ( to be expected ).

So I reflashed 1.5a, used the 1080p kernel with 720 DDR ( nothing else OC'd but I am using the WiFi fixed ones)... sort of the same results but it reboots instead. I dropped back to just a 1080p version no OC at all... same result, it just took longer.

So now I'm getting similar results no matter which of the two ROM's I'm on... I just quickflashed the 720p kernel w720DDR wifi from 1.5a.... I'll see how it does and if needed I'll drop back to one that isn't OC'd at all... but it isn't looking good for my device itself. In the end, I'll try the stock ROM as well just to verify all of the above results isn't a ROM based issue but the device itself.
                      Try a clean install from pc, erasing nand before flash ("Erase IDB", and "run" after).

Yes, all ok I will look at it.

leolas.
                      My devices:
                      Gearbest.com)

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                        Try a clean install from pc, erasing nand before flash ("Erase IDB", and "run" after).
                        leolas.
                        I'll try it... but I'm not very confident in the device

I've flashed Quickshot v2 twice ( erasing IDB both times ), v1.5a once and just finished reloading the Stock 1080p and now it is shutting off just after the boot process. Previous to flashing Quickshot... the only other flash was 1.5a as it was the first one I tried... so I don't think anything I've done has gotten to the point of "wearing out" the NAND... yet... lol

In addition... I have been using a 5v 3a PSU... just tried it with the stock 2a and same results.

Comment

Just a follow up report...

Erased IDB twice and flashed Quickshot v2 for the QX1 leaving with default kernel. Then I thought about what USB cable I was using ( an older one but had given me no trouble to this point ) and grabbed the new one that came with the QX1... repeated by flashing IDB twice and then the full ROM.

I quickflashed to the big icons ( after the setup procedure and signing into Google and connecting to my WiFi )... opened Beyond XBMC and let it configure it's first run... shortly after it completed... the device did a full reboot. I pulled the power cord so it wouldn't bootloop.

I then quickflashed the 1.5a 1080p kernel w/WiFi no OC and rebooted... I did install Titanium Backup so I could backup all apps that came with the ROM ( had been unable to previously )... I did not install any other software so I could rule out some odd conflict. I also did not restore anything else settings or otherwise. Opened XBMC and a little after it's Screen dimmed... it shut down the device ( didn't reboot this time ).

Everything points to a defective QX1... I've only had this one since 22 Jan so I need to RMA it back to GB.

It looks like I need to borrow back the RK3066 that I loaned out to a friend for while... GB is on vacation for CNY, so it will be a few days I guess before I hear from them. Hopefully the replacement will work better. I haven't seen any bad reports about defective ones ... so that may be a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by rdsok View Post
                            Just a follow up report...

Erased IDB twice and flashed Quickshot v2 for the QX1 leaving with default kernel. Then I thought about what USB cable I was using ( an older one but had given me no trouble to this point ) and grabbed the new one that came with the QX1... repeated by flashing IDB twice and then the full ROM.

I quickflashed to the big icons ( after the setup procedure and signing into Google and connecting to my WiFi )... opened Beyond XBMC and let it configure it's first run... shortly after it completed... the device did a full reboot. I pulled the power cord so it wouldn't bootloop.

I then quickflashed the 1.5a 1080p kernel w/WiFi no OC and rebooted... I did install Titanium Backup so I could backup all apps that came with the ROM ( had been unable to previously )... I did not install any other software so I could rule out some odd conflict. I also did not restore anything else settings or otherwise. Opened XBMC and a little after it's Screen dimmed... it shut down the device ( didn't reboot this time ).

Everything points to a defective QX1... I've only had this one since 22 Jan so I need to RMA it back to GB.

It looks like I need to borrow back the RK3066 that I loaned out to a friend for while... GB is on vacation for CNY, so it will be a few days I guess before I hear from them. Hopefully the replacement will work better. I haven't seen any bad reports about defective ones ... so that may be a good sign.
                            Hi rdsok.

This is what happened to me with beyond xbmc. Try tick stay awake option or uninstall beyond and try xbmc frodo from xbmc.org.

Lionsl2005

Last edited by lionsl2005; 02-02-2014, 11:49.

Comment

Hi rdsok.

This is what happened to me with beyond xbmc. Try tick stay awake option or uninstall beyond and try xbmc frodo from xbmc.org.

Lionsl2005

I do have Stay Awake enabled.

This isn't just with Beyond XBMC... that is just what I've started using to check since the problem is shown quicker in that. I haven't tried the standard XBMC but it also happens in justXBMC. I also have the device rebooting when making backups with Titanium Backup and at times... immediately after the system boots ( with the Stock Rom ). It is purely coincidence that the trouble started just after flashing Quickshot v2... it only happened a little at first and has gotten worse each day since.... everything indicates something in the device is beginning to fail.

I'm going to RMA this one while the warranty is good.

Comment

Thank nitro team for the rom, I used dailymotion on the previous Leolas rom run fine but this rom only play sound without video. This rom was fast n smooth.

Comment

Working...
                                X