Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.9 ROM

UPDATE - 6/12/2014

Special thanks to FreakTab user Ant for doing these!
    As it turns out when I modified the TCP buffers as I always have it effected thernet speeds in the Minix 010 ROM. I found the issue but due to being real busy, Ant was kind enough to make a entire new set of boot.img's with the TCP buffer fix (put back to stock).

Here is the download link for those:

ROM -> Finless 1.9 - Fixed TCP buffer boot.imgs (4 megs)

If you downloaded my ROM you will probably need to also download these and replace the boot.imgs in the FinlessROM folder with this new set.

Thanks Ant! You the man!

__________________________________________________ ____

Hey folks! 1.9 ROM is ready.

This is built from the Minix 010 official release (the latest release).

I did my usual stuff I do to ROMs plus a few more goodies
    See below.

__________________________________________________ _

Features and release notes for my 1.9 ROM:

1) Rooted and new SU and Superuser applied that supports Android 4.2.2

2) This time I did not change the parameter file.
    With 16GB and 4GB allocated for APPs, this seems like a good balance.
    However, I added a 8GB, 10GB and 14GB parameter file by request.

3) As always, full init.d support! Minix added it to the stock ROM but it doesn't work right!
    I had to fix it again!

4) All google required APPs updated to the latest version as of this ROM build.
    This includes the play store and other required Google CORE and APPs.
    Minix stock ROM had a very old Play Store and GMS Core.
    Updating caused bugs with constant asking for a credit card!
    This is now fixed.

5) ADB was not allowing ADB push commands and giving permission denied.
    This is now fixed.

6) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung Nexus 10 device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    Your device will show up in google play as Nexus 10 device not a X7!
    Understand this please.
    I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Minix Nexo X7.

7) I fixed some HLS Streaming APPs like TennisTV, etc.
    Special thanks to Hardware Guru for some help on that!

8) I give you a choice of boot.img's.
    One enables Airpin and one does not.
    I personally do not use Airpin so if you do not either then boot1080no_air.img will remove it.
    Why have the annoying airpin service if you do not use it!
    boot1080no_air.img is the default in my flash tool.

9) Of course as always I debloated the ROM of Apps!
    Starting with a clean ROM is important depending on what you want to use your X7 for.
    Why have APPs burning resources if you never use them?

10) 720P kernel if your TV does not support 1080P
    I have supplied a patched 720P kernel made from the stock 007 kernel.
    It is in the folder FinlessROM/720p_kernel_boot
    See below for how to use this in the flash tool.

11) A full set over overclocked kernels!
    In the folder FinlessROM/OC_kernels are a good set of OC kernels.
    The file names explain what they do.
    If you do not understand what the names mean, maybe you should not overclock!
    USE at you own risk.

12) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).
    Use this to easily get into flash mode to change boot.img's or later kernels!

13) NEW! This ROM 010 came as a ODEX'ed ROM.
    What does this mean? This means that the framework and system APPs are made of 2 files.
    The APK and a ODEX file. A ODEX'ed ROM is a little faster than a deODEX'ed ROM.
    The Dalvick cache does not have to pull out the code from the APK every time it is RUN.
    HOWEVER! A ODEX ROM cannot be themed or modified easily! Most APPs that allow theming wont work!
    Simple things like wanting to change the mouse pointer cannot be done easily.
    So.... For that I made a deodex patcher ZIP update that will deodex the ROM.
    See the readme instructions for using that.

14) A TWRP recovery! But this one flashes WITH the ROM and is not installed from /system with a script!
    I modified the TWRP recovery so it can be flashed with the ROM and on first boot it properly formats the partitions like internal sdcard. No more scripts running and what not to install TWRP!
    Special thanks to Abdul_pt for working on TWRP for us!!!! Thanks Abdul... You the man!
    On first boot you will see the TWRP recovery. DO NOT MESS WITH IT!
    Give it a little time and it will reboot. It was formatting in the background.

15) Lots of other little tweaks I have learned recently. TCP buffer increases, T-Mobile spoofing, etc.

OK on with the downloads. There is the ROM and two other downloads for patching as stated above.

For more information and how to install drivers, flash this ROM, etc, ALWAYS read the README.TXT in the ROM kit!

READ THE README.TXT file for each download for instructions!!!!

ROM -> Minix Neo X7 - Android 4.2.2 - Finless 1.9 ROM (306 megs)

ROM -> Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.9 ROM - Deodex Patcher (114 megs)

ROM -> Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.9 ROM - HLS Streaming APP Patcher (5 megs)

NEW ADD! 1704 OC kernels for 1080 and 720 kernels.

ROM -> Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.9 ROM - 1704 OC kernels (50 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 06-13-2014, 01:38.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Your rom looks great
    Thanks for the credit on the HLS part.
    We'll keep in touch to get the rest done.
    Cheers mate, well done

Comment

I am assuming this is *not* for the X7 mini, correct? If not, any plans for it? And thanks for the excellent work!

BTW, I see no mention of it, but is it also patched for NTFS/CDFS/Exfat filesystem support?

Comment

Best rom for now.

Only flash video in browser does not play without systembar (play only sound, not video). With systembar it play, but I have on my screen black borders. (all roms do this)

Comment

Bob,

Great work!!! And thanks for looking in HLS so extensively.

If the 3fm app does not work, it is too bad but not the end of the world. An alternative would be if the m3u8 embedded stream on the mobile website (www.3fm.nl) does work. And if RTLXL and NPO work

I already saw Minix making a remark somewhere once, that the SDK provided by Rockhip is extremely crippled for non-tablet/phone devices

By the way, to reply on some questions of you in the previous thread, there IS a ROM on which I had the app (and all other streaming working).

It was the Nexus SDK2 JB rom from Strauzo. There were many flaws in that rom but streaming worked perfectly, including the app. Do not know how they implemented streaming from the app any way, but my guess is that the app just calles the media framework of Android to open the .m3u8 manifest from the npo site.

I will probably test coming evening!

Comment

nice work finless

great work as always

tonight i test more

Comment

Great work, bob!

I will test the ROM this evening.

Regards
              whoozy

Comment

Are OTA-Updates enabled on Finless 1.9 ROM ?

Comment

how can i install

can i name your rom update.img and install via ota i have now the 010 rom original

best regards

Comment

Originally posted by russo.pt View Post
                    can i name your rom update.img and install via ota i have now the 010 rom original

best regards
                    You need to use the "ROM_Flash_Tool_137.exe", which is contained in the ZIP file, to update the ROM.
                    The detailed steps can be found in the "README FIRST.TXT", which is also located in the ZIP file.

Comment

xbmc for minix is isntalled ???

list of pre instaled apps please someone !!!!

xbmc for minix is installed ??
                      or do i have to use other version ??

best regards
                      Last edited by russo.pt; 06-04-2014, 12:04.

Comment

Rom updates

Originally posted by whoozy View Post
                        You need to use the "ROM_Flash_Tool_137.exe", which is contained in the ZIP file, to update the ROM.
                        The detailed steps can be found in the "README FIRST.TXT", which is also located in the ZIP file.
                        Ok, this is what I find annoying... You would think after all this time of people developing for Android, that someone could come up with an easy way to do an in-place upgrade of a rom, like the phone venders do. Obviously everyone wants to be on the latest and greatest rom, but it's super annoying to have to wipe out your working system, and reinstall everything again -- not to mention losing all your app settings...

Does backup software copy app settings as well as the app, and if so, what backup software (preferably free) does everyone recommend on a rooted system?

Sorry for complaining, but it is such a pain to update on Android...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Minix X7, Finless 1.8 ROM using OC 1080-1800-798-720 kernel, BeyondXBMC

Comment

non rooted system backup

Does backup software copy app settings as well as the app, and if so, what backup software (preferably free) does everyone recommend on a non rooted system

Comment

Every rom here has a different partition layout. If a new rom has a bigger size then the old one it will partly overwrite the next partition. This is why you need to flash the entire rom. You can try flashing only the system, kernel and boot without erasing nand. But its waiting for problems.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn T5 met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LarDroid View Post
                              Sorry for complaining, but it is such a pain to update on Android...
                              Nobody forces you to use a custom ROM. If this is a pain for you, just stay with the stock ROM - there you have the comfortable OTA.

Comment

Working...
                              X