NEW - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.9 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Read the README.TXT in the ROM download! I explain all of that.

Bob

Yes, I already read the "README FIRST" in the ROM package, but I only found this about flashing kernels:

Code:
    12) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to bootloader (flash mode).
    Use this to easily get into flash mode to change boot.img's or later kernels!
    I asked for help about how to flash the new kernel after rebooting to the bootloader or to the TWRP recovery. I've installed about a dozen of custom firmwares in the NeoX7, but never the kernel only.

Originally posted by magno View Post
    Congratulations for the new release! I was really looking forward to install it and I finally did this afternoon. It really is faster than any other before but I have a problem with the bluetooth keyboard: despite bluetooth is enable after booting, the keyboard is not recognized. To enable it, I must go to Settings/Bluetooth, desync the keyboard and sync it again. That is a pain in the a*s since I have to connect a mouse in order to complete this process.
    I've been using Finless releases since 1.6 and the kayboard always worked.
    Can somebody help me or maybe it is a known bug?

Cheers!

Regarding my problem, I reply myself with the steps I took to solve the problem:

* In Settings/Bluetooth, desynchronize the keyboard and turn the Bluetooth off
    * Restart the system. It should boot with Bluetooth turned off and the keyboard turned off too
    * In Settings/Bluetooth, re-synchronize the keyboard, and use it to turn the bluetooth off again after re-synchronization
    * Restart the system again. Again, it should boot with Bluetooth and keyboard turned off
    * In Settings/Bluetooth, turn Bluetooth on again and after restarting the system again it shoud always be ON and the keyboard properly detected (even if you boot with the keyboard off).

Comment

Hi all,

After many flash proper flash (with format nand IDB!!!), i have few issues:
      - Flash standard parameters = no nand space (maybe script format error)... OK, with file paramateurs 8Go... [Update... i succeed with base one now.. i don't know why]
      - OC kernel (all) give me hdmi issues ... green lines, etc... Stock kernel is OK.
      - init.d seems strange... scripts don't launch. I have to use universal init.d to launch scripts
      - nfs support is OK BUT it's horribly slow (SMB is pretty fast!)... i use busybox scripts to mount nfs folders... but hd movies are unplayable like that.
      Someone has same trouble?

rOOl
      Last edited by roolmapool; 06-06-2014, 21:22.

Comment

I asked for help about how to flash the new kernel after rebooting to the bootloader or to the TWRP recovery. I've installed about a dozen of custom firmwares in the NeoX7, but never the kernel only.
        I haven't swapped kernel with TWRP so I can't help with that.
        I use my PC and the flash tool provided.
        - Start the 1.37 flash tool and 'uncheck' all boxes except kernel.
        - Now click on the empty box to the right of the kernel address. It will let you select the address of the new kernel.
        - Hit flash

It should flash in a few seconds (I have a fast pc) and reboot as normal.
        This way works for me.
        Minix Neo X7 - Wasser 1.0.4 OC'd - Kodi-helix with passthrough
        Beelink M8B - Wasser 1.0.3 - Kodi-helix alpha 2 + SPMC

Comment

It is so funny, with 1.8 some Swedish tv-apps works and some not. With 1.9 the non working apps work but not the ones that worked on 1.8.

So still need two different boxes to get all apps working, i wonder how X8 works regarding this.

Comment

Originally posted by Trhuster View Post
            It is so funny, with 1.8 some Swedish tv-apps works and some not. With 1.9 the non working apps work but not the ones that worked on 1.8.

So still need two different boxes to get all apps working, i wonder how X8 works regarding this.
            Have you tried the HLS Streaming App patch?
            Minix Neo X7 - Wasser 1.0.4 OC'd - Kodi-helix with passthrough
            Beelink M8B - Wasser 1.0.3 - Kodi-helix alpha 2 + SPMC

Comment

Originally posted by zektor View Post
              I am assuming this is *not* for the X7 mini, correct? If not, any plans for it? And thanks for the excellent work!

BTW, I see no mention of it, but is it also patched for NTFS/CDFS/Exfat filesystem support?
              Hey zektor, good questions! I am curious as well!

Comment

IT IS NOT for the X7 mini. Sorry.

I never got one of these so I never did a ROM for them.

Again sorry to you mini guys.

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju Å¡to čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Slow 1920x1080p60 video playback

Originally posted by Android Bob View Post
                  Just played a chip of 'Person of Interest' which includes three enchanced AC3 audio tracks and 1080p MP4 video from SanDisk Extreme SD card.
                  Video is via HDMI to 24" IPS monitor (Dell U2410) and listening with Bluetooth headphones.
                  The original English track is close to perfect (no bluetooth audio advance) even the dub'd french track looks spot on.
                  Using MX Player Pro with HW+ acc. I manually set the Audio track to SW decoding too and it was still OK.
                  Checked the audio from the monitor (in via HDMI and out via 3.5mm) and that looked/sounded OK too.

Monitor and Minix box are set to 1080p60. I note the video I'm viewing is 1080p50.
                  So, set the Minix box to 1080p50, but still didn't notice any problem.

I have had to advance/retard audio on other older Android boxes, so I hear what you're saying, but I'm not seeing/hearing anything noticeable myself at this time using Finless v1.9
                  I've prepared 2 1920x1080p60 test video files - one with DTS and one with AC3 in case you do not have the DTS custom codec from XDA - these both files play slowly using the both "standard" players of the Finless ROMv1.9.
                  The content of these files is simple - 6 times the same clip, and the beeps should sound exactly when the number appears.
                  I've temporary shared them here: http://1drv.ms/1kKlH2t
                  When I play these files using the latest MX Player 1.7.27 Pro then it freezes on HW+/HW mode and then switches to the next video, and same slow play using the SW mode. I've tried the sound SW on and off - no difference.
                  What is your experience?
                  The chip declares as it supports 1920x1080p60 decoding.
                  And I do not know how to enable passthrough in MX Player Pro - please advise, otherwise it passes the 5.1 as stereo which ruins the whole idea of using X7 as a good media player.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Thanks!

How can we install them without flashing everything from scratch? Is there any way to flash the kernel only?
                    Use the flashing program and untick everything but the Kernel tickbox. Put your the 1704 kernel of your choice in the FinlessROM folder of the flashing program and copy/paste the name of the .img file in the 'Kernel' field of the flasher. Like this:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	433802
                    DO NOT click 'Erase NAND', just click 'Flash ROM' and you are done!

Comment

Netflix Frameshipping

Hi Bob,
                      Is there anything one can do to get rid of the jerky/stuttering/skipping video playback in Netflix? I saw your thread in the CX-919 thread about their ROM having awesome performance with Netflix.

Comment

need help/advise!

I came from Wasser's KK. I tried to flash Finless 1.9 using the flash tool included in the package. I erased the NAND and then flash the ROM. It seems to went fine with all those usual messages I'm seeing when flashing a rom, it rebooted as part of the process and then I got a message from Windows that USB device is not recognized. I tried to switch PCs and same error I got. I'm pretty sure it's not a driver issue as I'm using all the available PCs I have in flashing roms to my X7. What should I do?

Comment

Originally posted by blackstarr View Post
                          I came from Wasser's KK. I tried to flash Finless 1.9 using the flash tool included in the package. I erased the NAND and then flash the ROM. It seems to went fine with all those usual messages I'm seeing when flashing a rom, it rebooted as part of the process and then I got a message from Windows that USB device is not recognized. I tried to switch PCs and same error I got. I'm pretty sure it's not a driver issue as I'm using all the available PCs I have in flashing roms to my X7. What should I do?
                          Did you come from the Wasser KitKat ROM? If yes, make sure you take this into account:

Comment

I did encounter the same when flashing from KK to Quickshot ROM but this time is different as my device is no longer recognized by windows.

Comment

Originally posted by blackstarr View Post
                              I did encounter the same when flashing from KK to Quickshot ROM but this time is different as my device is no longer recognized by windows.
                              You do not have another USB cable you can test with?

Comment

Originally posted by LCBXX View Post
                                You do not have another USB cable you can test with?
                                I have and tested it just now and still having the same issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X