NEW - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.9 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job

Although I did not flash this rom yet, I'm pretty sure this will turn out as one of the best roms ever for this device. I will test tomorrow. Anyway, thanks Bob!

Comment

Originally posted by whoozy View Post
      Nobody forces you to use a custom ROM. If this is a pain for you, just stay with the stock ROM - there you have the comfortable OTA.

that is not the point we all want to use the best .... but without losing the rest

Congratulations BOB thanks very much

Comment

flashed this (not first time flashing) and seems like it stuck in the splash screen "freaktab.com fineless bob rom" in red color on black bg.

update: after about 10 minutes or so it booted.

Comment

Originally posted by Orak View Post
          flashed this (not first time flashing) and seems like it stuck in the splash screen "freaktab.com fineless bob rom" in red color on black bg.
          did you erase it first like says in readmefirst.txt file ??

Comment

Originally posted by russo.pt View Post
            that is not the point we all want to use the best .... but without losing the rest
            Of cource - we all would like that. Custom Roms just can't be pulled through automatic update downloads (OTA). That is why I use a stock ROM on my Smartphone, where OTA is provided by the manufacturer.

Some posts above I asked if the ROM supports OTA (for future updates by Minix). Previous custom Roms didn't, because these updates would not have been testet before delivery and might even brick your device. Update procedures are not that easy an quick to build - would need like 3 Bobs

Perhaps it will later be possible to go the way you asked for (just no update.img, it's an update.zip).
            Bob: Is it difficult to build an update.zip?

Comment

in es explorer when trying to copy the hls file it says my sd storage is not mounted, how do I fix it?

also sadly there is no improvment to wifi performence from my previous rom (I used hybrid fw by lewy)

Comment

sd card unmounted

why do's it say sd card unmounted and how do yo mount it in Es file explorer

Comment

An update.zip can be easily made! In fact if you read my readme I supply 2 update.zip files to do special things.

Problem with an update.zip is it cannot repartition PERIOD! Over the years I get many many request for different partition sizes (parameter file) as options. Only way to provide that is with the flash tool.

Another problem is if the ROM is very different, NOT erasing /data and /cache even with a edify script in update.zip, your asking for compatibility problems! You guys with phones that get an update.zip that doesn't erase, it is either because it was well tested that an update and no erase wont cause problems (these are usually just a patch), or the person doesn't care if you have problems and does it that way! Pick your poison!

When I flash a new ROM I want to make sure it is CLEAN and not full of left over crap from anything old that is no longer needed.

Finally if I did supply I update.zip that did not erase, the requirement would be that you would HAVE to be on the Minix stock ROM! Any other ROM installed would be problems I am sure! This is why phone manufacturers can do that. It's not a custom ROM and they are simply updating the previous stock ROM.

I hope that answers the questions.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Orak View Post

update: after about 10 minutes or so it booted.

I am having the same issues. I did erase as well. Still stuck on the red finless bob rom screen going on 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfox View Post
                      I am having the same issues. I did erase as well. Still stuck on the red finless bob rom screen going on 30 minutes.
                      I flashed this ROM so many times testing it, I cannot count! So you did something wrong.

First boot you should see the TWRP recovery. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT touch it! Wait and it will reboot on it's own. It was formatting /data /cache/ and internal sdcard in the background. If you messed with it and did not let it reboot, bad things will happen e.g. like sdcard wont be mounted in android because it did not get formatted.

Bob

Comment

sdcard unmounted

i bob flashed your rom 3 times and still get sdcard unmounted ??

Comment

Slow 1080p60

Hey Bob, great job! Well done! I've tested few things already and found then working!

Though one thing which did not work on the latest Wasser's and Genny's KitKat, and does not work on this FW using 1080 kernel (OC and not) - video part with 1080p60 plays slower than the related sound. The connectivity is HDMI passthrough to Pioneer amplifier to Samsung TV. It plays 1080p60 videos slower on HDMI 1080p60 and 1080p30 though in sync using HDMI 1080p24. The latest official FWv10 plays such videos without this problem using HDMI 1080p60 passthrough.

Any idea?

Could you please share the official FWv10 kernel-1080 so I could inject it to your build and try?

Meantime I'll try to make a test 1080p60 video with a timer on screen to test this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by krasoft View Post

Hey Bob, great job! Well done! I've tested few things already and found then working!

Though one thing which did not work on the latest Wasser's and Genny's KitKat, and does not work on this FW using 1080 kernel (OC and not) - video part with 1080p60 plays slower than the related sound. The connectivity is HDMI passthrough to Pioneer amplifier to Samsung TV. It plays 1080p60 videos slower on HDMI 1080p60 and 1080p30 though in sync using HDMI 1080p24. The latest official FWv10 plays such videos without this problem using HDMI 1080p60 passthrough.

Any idea?

Could you please share the official FWv10 kernel-1080 so I could inject it to your build and try?

Meantime I'll try to make a test 1080p60 video with a timer on screen to test this issue.

Thanks in advance!
                            No clue what the problem is sorry.

The kernel I provided is the stock 010 1080P kernel. In fact all the kernels I give you are stock except they are patched by me for OC and 720P.

Bob

Comment

Thank you Finless Bob.

I just followed your readme instructions and everything installed fine.
                              Still had the PC-USB drivers installed from last time (Finless v1.7).

Even deodex'd it.

Busy doing 'stuff' now and checking things out.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                                I flashed this ROM so many times testing it, I cannot count! So you did something wrong.

First boot you should see the TWRP recovery. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT touch it! Wait and it will reboot on it's own. It was formatting /data /cache/ and internal sdcard in the background. If you messed with it and did not let it reboot, bad things will happen e.g. like sdcard wont be mounted in android because it did not get formatted.

Bob
                                I did as stated and sd is still unmounted....

Comment

Working...
                                X