Bluetimes RK3288 boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffben View Post
    Hi I got my box a few days ago and the first thing I did was to load Spmc 13.3.2 as the stock XBMC was a modified Gotham 13.0. My experience on other RK3288 devices led me to SPMC as the best option so far.

I have a number of issues which need addressing.
    Firstly the power down option using the Remote shuts down the box from Blue on light to Red. However I have been unable to reboot the device using the remote. It has been necessary to unplug and then re-plug the power lead to Reboot the box.
    Secondly in setting the box to USB connect to a PC this setting is lost as soon as you disconnect the power from the box to move it to a PC. So therefore it is problem when trying to connect to a pc to flash anything.

Also I am disappointed that the Case design is such that the available space above all the USB ports restricts the use of large USB connectors. I have had to move all my Setup Android APKs etc to a new USB stick because the one I have used for sometime would not fit into any of the device sockets.

I would like very much to Root the box and Flash some different Firmware and Images. Has anybody succeeded in Rooting the device yet and how was this achieved? Also could anyone point me to the method for flashing this RK3288 device?

So far the Supplier, BlueTimes seem unwilling to provide stock Firmware or Rooting details as they have done without fail in the past for earlier devices that I have bought from them.
    Most of that is addressed (except for the design issues of course) in my custom ROM: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...tgo-CR12-13-16

Root the device using Kingo:

Kingo Root is #1 one click root solution so easy to use. Take your android phone by your control! You will love this feeling - the freedom.

To flash simply use the android batch tool 2.3:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Flashing (with the android tool 2.3) is done the same way as in RK3066/RK3188.

You can flash just boot.img / system.img to upgrade your firmware and keep your data. It'll only take a matter of minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
      Most of that is addressed (except for the design issues of course) in my custom ROM: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...tgo-CR12-13-16

Kingo Root is #1 one click root solution so easy to use. Take your android phone by your control! You will love this feeling - the freedom.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

You can flash just boot.img / system.img to upgrade your firmware and keep your data. It'll only take a matter of minutes.
      Many thanks Shomari.

I will keep you posted.
      However I have to get over the USB to PC settings issue to do this.

Comment

Is your custom ROM suitable for Measy B4S?

Comment

Originally posted by yric37 View Post
          Is your custom ROM suitable for Measy B4S?
          Please try it and confirm. It should be. Flash only boot.img / system.img to upgrade and you won't lose your data. You'll be able to test and return to whatever you were on in minutes in the case of incompatibility.

Comment

Sorry, mistake.

Comment

Measy B4S

Thank you Shomari! It is very good ROM for Measy B4S. I tested it. Pls, do not leave this place. Do not pay attention on competitors. OK?

Comment

Thank you Shomari! It is very good ROM for Measy B4S. I tested it. Pls, do not leave this place. Do not pay attention on competitors. OK?
                I don't consider them competitors. But, I'm really glad I can help. If there's anything else you have a question about don't hesitate to post.

...and please leave any feedback about the ROM over in the ROM thread, good or bad I want to read it all.

Comment

Make sure to test the ethernet works on the Measy B4S, too. Some of the ROMs had the ethernet messed up on the MK902II and B4S.

Comment

Make sure to test the ethernet works on the Measy B4S, too. Some of the ROMs had the ethernet messed up on the MK902II and B4S.
                    Just flash. Ethernet works on Measy b4s. testing out mod xmbc as well

Comment

Measy B4S

Originally posted by nectaire View Post
                      Just flash. Ethernet works on Measy b4s. testing out mod xmbc as well
                      I can not find a developer mode in setting on my B4S. Check it please on your.

Comment

I can not find a developer mode in setting on my B4S. Check it please on your.
                        You need to enable developer mode by going to about device, highlight build number and press ok on your remote 10x.
                        hope it helps

Comment

Measy B4S

Originally posted by nectaire View Post
                          You need to enable developer mode by going to about device, highlight build number and press ok on your remote 10x.
                          hope it helps
                          Thanks.

Comment

Hi,
                            got I B4S too.
                            As soon I got the ROM I will check too.
                            Hope we can help each other.
                            Last edited by strikegun; 09-19-2014, 22:37.

Comment

With the new ROM from Shomari my B4S runs.
                              But my main issues 3D and DTS is still there. Or is it me, who fails to use the B4S correct?
                              My 3D Isos won't play 3D, only 2D and my audio reciever gets just PCM over HDMI.

Any clues?
                              thx

PS. Starting SPMC I get the Error "OBB not present"

Comment

I .................But, I'm really glad I can help. If there's anything else you have a question about don't hesitate to post.

Yes ..Shomari...freaktab users need people like you.
                                appreciate your input and so please keep it coming..

Comment

Working...
                                X