Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X88 Mini Android TV 7.1 OS 2/16GB RK3328, Voice Remote YT4K Netflix 720P WiFi LAN USB3.0 VP9 H.265 DLNA Airplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X88 Mini Android TV 7.1 OS 2/16GB RK3328, Voice Remote YT4K Netflix 720P WiFi LAN USB3.0 VP9 H.265 DLNA Airplay

X88 Mini Android TV 7.1 OS 2GB/16GB RK3328 4K TV BOX with Voice Remote Support YouTube 4K Netflix 720P KODI 18.0 WiFi LAN USB3.0 VP9 H.265 DLNA Airplay

Click image for larger version

Name:	41a9fadb-0f2f-4ba8-9f7a-c9aacad8f5b5.jpg
Views:	1082
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	734181

Specification
    General Model: X88 Mini
    Type: TV Box
    Hardware OS: Android TV 7.1
    CPU: RK3328 with Quad-Core Cortex-A53 64bit
    GPU: Mali-450MP2
    RAM: 2GB DDRIII
    ROM: 16GB eMMC
    Communication WIFI: 2.4G Wifi, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
    LAN: 10/100 Mbps standard RJ-45
    Media Support Decoder format: 4K VP9 Video decoder, H.265/H.264 video decoder, 1080P other video decoders (VC-1, MPEG-1/2/4, VP6/8)
    Support Media format: Avi/Ts/Vob/Mkv/Mov/ISO/wmv/asf/flv/dat/mpg/mpeg
    Support Music format: MP3/WMA/AAC/WAV/OGG/DDP/HD/FLAC/APE
    Support Photo format: HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF
    Interface 1* USB 3.0
    1* USB 2.0
    1* TF Card Slot,Maximum support 64G
    1* HDMI 2.0
    1* DC
    1* AV
    Other Features KODI 18.0
    HDR: HDR10 and HLG modes
    HDD file system: FAT16/FAT32/NTFS
    Support Subtitle: SRT/SMI/SUB/SSA/IDX+USB
    High Definition video output: 4K (4096x2160 pixel )
    OSD type of languages: English/French/German/Spanish/Italian/ etc multilateral languages
    Network Function: Netflix,Vudu,Skype chatting,Picasa,Flicker,Youtube,Facebook,Online movies,etc
    Other feature: Free Internet searching,thousands of android applications,many kinds of games,etc.
    Certification: CE,FCC,ROHS
    Power DC 5V/2.5A
    LED Indicator Power ON: blue,Standby: Red
    Package Contents 1* TV BOX
    1* 2.4G Voice Remote
    1* Power Adaptor
    1* HDMI Cable
    1* User Manual
    Geekbuying
    Last edited by trebor; 07-04-2018, 04:27.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

As far as I know, there is a box that is x88 with 4G memory.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	a5df11d3-7bc9-423d-9648-ad757fba889e.jpg
Views:	917
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	735852

Geekbuying
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

No reviews yet? Noone has it?

Comment

Originally posted by siemanko View Post
          No reviews yet? Noone has it?
          i ordered it on July 19th
          i just come back from holidays today and i was on my postbox
          i must unpack my luggage but i can show on it what you want to know.

Comment

So this box is useless now for Netflix?
            Would be interesting if someone can test Amazon Prime Video quality.

Comment

Sorry, i don't have any account for Netflix or Amazon.
              I can just confirm that Amazon Prime Video was installed by default and DRM info too.
              And box have DRM L1 HDCP 2 (i will confirm exact version of HDCP when i will be at Home)

Comment

HDCP-2.2

Comment

Pls don't buy this junk... The software is an abomination... Crashes all the time... Chromecast doesn't work... YouTube crashes randomly... List goes on... until they release a firmware uodate... Don't get this... Ge the Mi Box

Comment

1. Netflix don`t work out of the box. From version 4.0.0 to latest 5.4.0, non of them work. Tu use Netflix, you need to uninstall latest version and install one from 2.0.0 to 3.3.2. But there is a problem. A big one. Even if i disable auto updating app from Google Playstore, if you restart or reboot the box, Netflix will autoupdate to latest version. And then you will go back to uninstall and install again an older version.
                    2. Youtube crash frecvently and the only way to work again is to force close Youtube app from Settings. If you reboot the box, Netflix will autoupdate and will not work again.
                    3. CPU cooling pad is made from aluminium and is RIDICULOUS small. Only 3x3 cm. In my opinion, this is the main problem of this box. If you play a 4k video, temperature rise so mutch and the YT app will freeze. One things is clear....need a better cooling pad. Maybe a vary small ventilator.
                    4. Chromecast built-in function not working.
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Latest update. I manage to put a very small ventilator inside the box. Temperature drop down from 80°C to 40°C. But YouTube freeze even now. Clearly is not from high temperature. Is a bug in app.
                      About Netflix.. As I say before, if you reboot the box, Netflix is autoupdate but not to latest version witch in 5.4.1. Is autoupdate to factory version 5.3.1. This version is autoinstalled when you reset to factory settings. But, this is not a system app. You have the option to uninstall. I also try to find it in system apps, but is not a system app, is a user app. Very strange process.
                      Unlike Netflix, YouTube is a system app and can not be uninstalled, only blocked to update. Because of that, you can not use an older version of YouTube other that is factory installed.
                      Desperately need a new firmware, or at least this I y firmware before try to root and make some change in build.prop. Whiteout a backup solution, is to risky to make modifications in system files.
                      If you long press middle button on remote control, three bar button, you can see an app called SkyKirin witch show some useful information such as temperature and cpu frecvency.
                      Last edited by costinilie; 08-12-2018, 15:45.

Comment

Thanks for your comments.
                        i have a lot of rockchip boxes and all crash with youtube Android TV v 2.03.xx but not with 2.02.xx
                        For the moment, i'm not in front of m'y my box but i can tell you that youtube must be un system/app or system/private_app and Netflix in system/vendor/bundle...
                        So we can't remove youtube and Netflix is preinstalled.
                        It is why each time, it was reinstalled automaticly.
                        You can dump system partition and edit it to remove the softs and reinstall it.
                        But i lose my DRM level 1 with my mecool (now DRM level 3) and i'm affraid to lose it because i created a Netflix account.
                        But i found a solution for Netflix and you help me.
                        Thanks you to say us that Netflix v3 is working.
                        I download the last v3 version, open it in my computer with a soft named : apk icon editor V2.10 and change the version to bigger than 5.3.1.
                        I remove the 5.3.1 and install my v3 spoofed to 7.0.0
                        So now, no new version want to be install

Comment

A very good idea to trick netflix updateing. Meanwhile I have made the decision to replace the firmware. We have found some alternatives, but all are with the mediaplayer launcher. Now I'm desperately looking for a firmware that's the official one. Not necessarily the X88 Mini. I'm sure they are also clones, but Android OSs are very few.
                          If you have any idea what firmware I can use, I prefer the official one and I am nagging it with your method. Eventually, attach here your modified version for Netflix.

Comment

Let's have a look at the X88 Mini Android TV 7.1 OS 2/16GB RK3328, Voice Remote YT4K Netflix 720P WiFi LAN USB3.0 VP9 H.265 DLNA Airplay
                            Thanks to Gearbest in this case

The Box

What's on the box

Ports rear

Ports Side

Remove the Base

Remove PCB

Close look
                            treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hello again. Very good pictures. I have a BIG request. At this time there is no stock firmware avaible for those who make a mistake NOT TO DO A Backup before flash the box with different firmware. A spent several night searching a stock firmware for this box, but it seems to be a factory secrets. SO, I have a big request. Please make a NAND BACKUP, and postit here. No other firmware compatibile with this box is with Android TV OS.

Comment

Working...
                              X