Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X88 Mini Android TV 7.1 OS 2/16GB RK3328, Voice Remote YT4K Netflix 720P WiFi LAN USB3.0 VP9 H.265 DLNA Airplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manu_manu4 View Post
    costinilie
    I downloaded your system.img in your cloud storage
    I removed on it preinstalled apks in /system/vendor/bundled_uninstall_back-app :
    com.amazon.amazonvideo.4.3.14
    com.hulu.plus_3.29.2.250478-250478
    com.netflix.ninja_5.3.1
    com.plexapp.android_7.1.1.5878-705785696
    DRMInfo
    NBAforAndroidTV_v2017.1.1_apkpure.com
    TED_v2.0.3

And also Youtube in /system/app

reuploaded it in your cloud storage
    HI. I already do that last night, but for some reason, when I recompile main firmware.img with modified system.img, the box won't boot anymore. I also delete these command line app from a .txt file. I don't remember what was the name. I will try to recompile with your modified system.img file. Maybe because I edit that file with notepad. I will try again with notepad++ Thanks for your contribution. Maybe we will succeed in next day.

Netflix v3 is still working on your box? On my box, old version say it can not reach netfix... Or something about network connectivity, and latest version keep spinning the red circle and nothing happen.

Comment

Originally posted by costinilie View Post

Netflix v3 is still working on your box? On my box, old version say it can not reach netfix... Or something about network connectivity, and latest version keep spinning the red circle and nothing happen.
      Check your DRM with DRM info apk

Comment

costinilie, I flashed the firmware, it was a success but when I plugged it back into the TV, I got the same problem, just with a different logo this time, is there anything else I can do, or is there a problem with my device?
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by helpme123 View Post
          costinilie, I flashed the firmware, it was a success but when I plugged it back into the TV, I got the same problem, just with a different logo this time, is there anything else I can do, or is there a problem with my device?
          Very strange. Try with an alternative firmware. Let me know if worked

Comment

Latest updates....
            Based on system.img modified by manu_manu4 (many thenks for your work), now we have a new version of stock firmware. Is in X88 Mini Stock Firmware and is named X88_Mini_Stock_Firmware_flash_NOAPPS.img
            Basicaly is the same firmware without preinstalled apps and youtube. Now you are free to install whatever you want. If you need root, then follow instruction provided in How to ROOT folder.

Comment

but the main question is... is it stable? does it freeze crash or hang randomly? chromecast working? thx

Comment

chromcast is not working because is not a certified devices by google like Mi Box or Nvidia Shield. It is stable. Major issue was Youtube. Factory version was crashing and because was a system app, it was not possible to be downgraded.Now you can install whatever version you want. I recomand Aptoide market

Comment

nice... about chromecast certified... i dont think that is the case... there are a few android tv boxes that are not certified also get chromecast support... ya i use aptoide too... for me youtube and netflix doesnt matter... because my smart tv already has those apps... for me Kodi is most important... so if Kodi, browsing, Popcorn time, IPTV all work fine then ill be satisfied... cos this current firmware always hang which is super annoying...

Comment

there is suppose to be a CHromecast setting in Settings... and chromecast is indeed installed... but because it is so buggy it is not working... when u cat u just get blank blakc screen... so it actually does exist but just not working

Comment

Check your DRM with DRM info apk
                      I checked DRM and it's L1. There is nothing changed about this. So you say that Netflix v.3 goes to you ??? And on the stock firmware, not on the alternate firmware. Please post here that apk version to test it too, I really do not understand why it does not go to me

Comment

I checked DRM and it's L1. There is nothing changed about this. So you say that Netflix v.3 goes to you ??? And on the stock firmware, not on the alternate firmware. Please post here that apk version to test it too, I really do not understand why it does not go to me
                        This version

Comment

I dont know why, but for me is not working. Maybe is something diffrent on your Netflix servers. Romania grant acces to Netflix 2 years ago. Maybe in my region is more restrictive then others regions. I dont know...But fot now, with stock firmare, no version of Netflix for Android TV is not working anymore. Sad....for me, this was the main reason to buy this box. Probably was the last bad choise. Next time i will buy only certificated devices. A little more mony to spent, but is worth.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180824_212941.jpg Views:	1 Size:	108.9 KB ID:	741818

Comment

I dont know why, but for me is not working. Maybe is something diffrent on your Netflix servers. Romania grant acces to Netflix 2 years ago. Maybe in my region is more restrictive then others regions. I dont know...But fot now, with stock firmare, no version of Netflix for Android TV is not working anymore. Sad....for me, this was the main reason to buy this box. Probably was the last bad choise. Next time i will buy only certificated devices. A little more mony to spent, but is worth.
                            But it is working before you change your firmware ?
                            You speak about to use an old version of netflix
                            Do you use Wifi or ethernet connection ?
                            Just you and me use Netflix on this box ?

Comment

it worked before changing the firmware, but from the date I changed it and until the date I put it back, something changed. Meanwhile, I used the alternate firmware. The connection is on cable, high speed, there is no problem from this point of view. With the latest version of Netflix 5.4.1 it made an error. Version 3.2.2 was perfect. Just after restarting, version 3.2.2 is upgraded to 5.3.1 which was pre-installed by the factory. I hoped that after I change the firmware and delete the preinstalled version, I can stay with version 3.2.2 without having any problems with autoupgrade. But meanwhile, Netflix has done something and now no version is working anymore.

Do you use the original firmware with which you bought the box or have you changed it in the meantime? I think there may be a problem with my firmware. It is based on system.img received from mike808. That's why I ask, are you using the firmware you bought the box or the one from me?

Comment

It is my original firmware.

Comment

Working...
                                X