Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X88 Mini Android TV 7.1 OS 2/16GB RK3328, Voice Remote YT4K Netflix 720P WiFi LAN USB3.0 VP9 H.265 DLNA Airplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding the Bluetooth remote a bit ordinary, logitech k400 doing good.
    Running and full 1080p View, Temps warmish 60~70c and could be better
    Ram speed looking ok and unit does appear snappy.

Setup of Google account etc all good WiFi AND Ethernet not to bad
    If they sort out the Paid streaming apps could be a winner

Not to bad at all.

CPU-Z

Ram and Storage truth

WiFi

Ethernet

Geekbench CPU
    More >> http://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/9449123

Geekbench Compute
    Benchmark results for a rockchip X88mini.00.d32 with an ARM rockchip,rk3328 processor.

SD Card Test

Gearbest
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by mike808 View Post
      Can someone please upload a backup of the stock rom for this device? I had made a backup myself but for some reason it doesn't work, I forgot to backup the backup partition, maybe that's the issue.
      Also, why is Gearbest.com is advertising this box as having 5Ghz wifi? Or dual wifi. Which is not the case, also, they have replied in the question and answers area on this product's page that it has bluetooth as well, which also not the case. There are specific question asked if this thing has dual wifi and bluetooth and they have answered falsely that it indeed does, which it not true.
      If you made a backup to system.img is most important. I hope you made it with android tool. Please post here all partition. I will try to make it work using parts of diffrent firmware. All that i need is system.img and kernel.img Anyway....any start is a good start!

Comment

I'll upload all the backup images I've made including the system.img. When I restore these I just get a red light and the box doesn't boot, however, when I flash the image you provided it works fine, however, it's not Android Tv OS.

Comment

Ok, I've uploaded all backed up images to here: https://mega.nz/#!QB1FjJSR!w-AiLqG32...ZKKnRX4rNSxVbI

Give it a go, see if you can get it going.
          Last edited by mike808; 08-17-2018, 17:43.

Comment

Sorry but your link is not working.
            Please use this link to upload to my cloud storage

Comment

Sorry, bad link, try the new link in the same post. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mike808 View Post
                Sorry, bad link, try the new link in the same post. Thanks.
                I will try later. Now I'm out with my son. Thanks for your time!

Comment

any chance to find a firmware with Android TV OS?

Comment

latest updates ... mike808....you are the man of the day !!!
                    Thanks to you now we have a stock firmware for the X88 mini
                    I will continue to delete the two applications Youtube and Netflix from the system, so we can install other versions that go smoothly. I will tell you what progress I have made. Once again I thank you for having patiently backed up the stock firmware. The problem was in parameter.txt. It was incompletely saved.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That's great news costinilie, can you please tell us what changes did you make to the parameter.txt to make it work? I want to flash the original rom as well to the box. Also, which tool did you use to flash the rom?

Comment

As i promise, we now have the stock firmware for the X88 Mini.

Use RKBatchTool to flash the firmware.
                        http://s.go.ro/uzmslqwk | pass: 805764

We also have independent partitions.

Use RK Rom Dumper and Flasher for Windows and select the appropriate partitions.
                        http://s.go.ro/2qqh3a6w | pass: 305681

We also have alternative firmware.

It's the firmware from A5X Max.

and some generic firmware from MBOX

Use RKBatchTool to flash the firmware.

ENJOY!!! and once again many thanks to mike808 for system.img

Meanwhile, Netflix has modified something and now no version of android tv os is working anymore.

The tutorial i know about how to do NAND Backup is done by FinlessBOB. It starts with downloading parameter.txt
                        Just that tutorial tells you that you need to enter the value 0 and 2. Here is a mistake. Value 2 is too small and consequently parameter.txt will be read incompletely. I recommend a higher value. In any case ... it is a wonderful and very well-explained reading. For those who want to learn how to do NAND Backup.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by costinilie; 08-18-2018, 03:02.

Comment

Awesome news guys! Keep up the great work!

Comment

someone with the stock firmware can check if Netflix for Android TV is still working. In my old versions, she says she can not connect, and with new versions she gets stuck in the red circle that is spinning. Is there a problem with you, or just me?

Comment

Both Netflix and Amazon not working here...cannot play this at current time or similar
                              treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

I've been working for nothing all night. My goal was to have Netflix HD and that could only be done with the stock firmware and an old version of Netflix. But they seem to have done their best not to use any more than certified devices. In this case, I do not think we have anything else to do. Only if those who made this firmware find a solution. Now there is no difference between classic Android and Android TV OS. Sin was a beautiful dream. Money you gave in vain, in a box that promised many, but that did not go as it should from when I bought it. I am deeply disappointed with the attitude of Netflix.

Comment

Working...
                                X