MVR9 RK3328 - Custom AndroidTV Pie ROM by mo123

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dolfies View Post
    Hello, I have an H96 Max+ with an RK3328 SoC, 4GB of DDR3 ram/32GB of storage. I flashed your rom with the restore option and couldn't get it to start. I plugged it into my TV and HDMI CEC got it started but it's stuck at the animation. I suspect the remote doesn't work but that doesn't explain why it doesn't boot, any ideas?

EDIT: I did get the remote to turn it on after a few tries, but still no boot, stuck on animation

Here is stock ROM: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...V94e65sk6ZxdRO
    and apparently website: https://www.h96tvbox.com/
    The ROM only works on DDR4 devices and is not compatible with your device.
    You should enter MaskROM Mode and flash back your stock firmware.
    In future don't buy H96* devices since they have no support.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

The ROM only works on DDR4 devices and is not compatible with your device.
      You should enter MaskROM Mode and flash back your stock firmware.
      In future don't buy H96* devices since they have no support.
      Have already moved on lol, flashed the other AndroidTV 9 ROM that works but with some bugs. I bought this box when I was first getting into android boxes and didn't know any better xD. Thanks for your help!

Comment

What cheap Android boxed would you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by dolfies View Post
          What cheap Android boxed would you recommend?
          You can try the Ugoos X3 devices.

Comment

Can i use this one with my H96 Max+ RK3328 device?

Comment

Originally posted by onurkorkmaz22 View Post
              Can i use this one with my H96 Max+ RK3328 device?
              It would probably not work as your device uses very different components like DDR3, different wifi, bluetooth, ir remote etc.

Comment

its working on a5x max ? thanks for answer

Comment

I just loaded this rom on my Firefly Rock-RK3328-CC SBC board and it loaded and booted but now im stuck on finding the bluetooth remote screen and i dont have that remote so i cant get it to load past it

I hear mosic in the background and i see a guide how to pair the remote but the board doesnt have bluetooth and i dont have that remote how can i skip past this part?

I think the rom will work if i can get past this setup AHHHHHH!!

JUst keep searching and i cant skip it

Ill unplug this eMMc module and try another one till i can find out how to skip this part of the setup

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
                    I just loaded this rom on my Firefly Rock-RK3328-CC SBC board and it loaded and booted but now im stuck on finding the bluetooth remote screen and i dont have that remote so i cant get it to load past it

I hear mosic in the background and i see a guide how to pair the remote but the board doesnt have bluetooth and i dont have that remote how can i skip past this part?

Ill unplug this eMMc module and try another one till i can find out how to skip this part of the setup
                    Will see if I can remove the setup screen later.

Comment

Oh i thought maybe there was a hidden "hotkey" or something i could just tap like F4 or something to get threw it? like a backdoor? hotkey thing ive had some firmware versions do something like this where the wifi skip screen i used a different usb keyboard that got past it but ive tried all my keyboards with "ok" "enter" "esc"

One even has an "FN" button i can push it and insert key and it will power the board off, flip pages i guess like swiping like on a tochscreen

You mentioned another firmware for the RK3328 that might work i searched this forum and i cant seem to find it, would it be on the firefly forum or some where else? I searched RK3328 Mo123 and found this thread but so far thats all ive found that might work

There is an 8.1 file i found on the firefly site but it wont load its corrupt or something all i get is the firefly boot screen then it flickers and theres a green screen and the firmware wont finish booting, decompressing or something ive tried etching on 3 different eMMc modules and a couple different android tool versions

Thanks Mo123

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Will see if I can remove the setup screen later.
                        I found a post you made on the libre computer forum that you were building a newer android 9 version for the renegade 3328 board is that posted for download anywhere?

Or did it get finished?

Comment

I think you can just press back on any remote to skip the pairing, I also didn't use that remote.
                          You can link with bluetooth on your phone then.
                          But I will have to check if the bluetooth driver isn't different.
                          Could you connect with wifi?
                          Will work on a new ROM soon.

Comment

Well im using the renegade board with this rom, (it is an SBC board) the roms with the libre board are really older and i think people that have this board have lost interest i wanted to compare the 3328 with the amlogic 905X but i couldnt really find a rom that was good enough. I only really know android

Since its the renegade board it has no wifi just a bunch of USB ports, since i couldnt get past the remote setup i wasnt sure the USB ports may not even work, i got video and sound so that was a plus i was excited to try a different firmware that actually seem to work and was current

Also since im using this firmware on the renegade board "firefly 3328" there is no wifi or bluetooth so i cant link it with anything

I tried 3 different keyboard/mouse pad units that use a dongle in one of the 3 USB 2 are 2,0 and one is 3.0 and i couldnt get it to advance past the remote setup thats why i ame and asked abotu the firmware if there was any kind of bypass for the remote setup

Comment

Well im using the renegade board with this rom, (it is an SBC board) the roms with the libre board are really older and i think people that have this board have lost interest i wanted to compare the 3328 with the amlogic 905X but i couldnt really find a rom that was good enough. I only really know android

Since its the renegade board it has no wifi just a bunch of USB ports, since i couldnt get past the remote setup i wasnt sure the USB ports may not even work, i got video and sound so that was a plus i was excited to try a different firmware that actually seem to work and was current

Also since im using this firmware on the renegade board "firefly 3328" there is no wifi or bluetooth so i cant link it with anything

I tried 3 different keyboard/mouse pad units that use a dongle in one of the 3 USB 2 are 2,0 and one is 3.0 and i couldnt get it to advance past the remote setup thats why i ame and asked abotu the firmware if there was any kind of bypass for the remote setup
                              Only real suggestion is try a Bluetooth-usb-dongle and see if you can connect a bluetooth controller or remote so you can bypass the the Remote pairing screen.

If you have to purchase a BT dongle, get a cheap one that says it supports old Linux kernels or RaspberryPi boards, possibly this one: https://www.amazon.com/Daykit-Blueto..._t3_B00BCU4TZE

Comment

Android 10 will be available in 2 weeks for the ROC RK3328 CC, then I will build a custom ROM.
                                There is also a ROC RK3328 PC device but I think only the wifi, bt is different then the firmware can work on both.

Comment

Working...
                                X