No announcement yet.

MVR9 RK3328 - Custom AndroidTV Pie ROM by mo123

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi mo123​, We are Orange Pi SBC team, we would like to cooperate with you? May I have your email? or you send email to us: [email protected]

Comment

IT works for me. Thanks alot
      Last edited by superceleron; 04-08-2023, 01:25.

Comment

Originally posted by jcabad66 View Post
        I have managed to install in A5X MAX, and it works, but has several problems that makes a limited use of it.
        Until now I have discovered:
        1.- Bluetooth does not work
        2.- There is no SPDIF audio output.
        3.- It does not reboot (always go to off)
        4.- Even after installing TWRP it is impossible to reboot to TWRP (I think this is due to point 3)

May be more problems
        I installed on A5X Max but it is stuck at erasing for hours. Did you experience the same problem?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

You can built it from Rockchip's code on Github.
          But TWRP brings other problems like you can't boot firmware from a micro-sd card or update firmware on emmc from micro-sd cards anymore which is possible with stock recovery.
          TWRP recovery is only useful for root, but there is already Magisk support so it's not needed and for backups there is Titanium Backup that only backups your apps and data and can restore it on any device. You can also try https://f-droid.org/en/packages/dk.jens.backup/ to backup your apps and settings.
          Restoring backups with TWRP will cause problems if there are preinstalled apps or firmwares have different partition sizes which is not a problem with these 2 apps.
          You can also make a full backup of firmware on the device with AndroidTool backup instructions I posted several times on freaktab in the past and easily restore everything, all apps intact, search for backup Rockchip etc.
          The option to flash an image in the developer options is not available on my device. How do I enable it?

Comment

Originally posted by SSimon View Post

The option to flash an image in the developer options is not available on my device. How do I enable it?
            The option looks like this.
            It should be on certain Android 9 devices & most Android 10-11 devices but is missing on Android 12.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	74
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	832944

Views:	76
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	832945

If you don't have it then ask the manufacturer of your device to release a new firmware with those settings.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

The option looks like this.
              It should be on certain Android 9 devices & most Android 10-11 devices but is missing on Android 12.

Views:	74
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	832944

Views:	76
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	832945

If you don't have it then ask the manufacturer of your device to release a new firmware with those settings.
              Thanks for your fast reply. I have installed different versions of android firmware on my RK3328 H96 Max and all of lack those settings. I have tried your custom pie rom but it got stuck on erasing screen for over 2 hours. i am interested in getting a rooted firmware so that I can use Viper4android. Hope I will find a solution soon.

Comment

I tried flashing the ver. 1.2 and ver 1.3 but it always gives me a error: download boot fail

Comment

• mo123
                  mo123 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Then you're not using it on the device it was made for or the correct flashing tool.
                  Other RK3328 devices have all kinds of different EMMC, RAM chips which might use drivers this firmware doesn't have.
              Working...
              X