Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by traversone View Post
    Magisk Topic for MO123:

said that I am currently use an H96MAX H2 (not MAX+), I tailored a working boot+recovery from X88MAX+ Pie Firmware.

If I patch this boot by Magisk and rebuild the full IMG, I simpy get a not booting device, why ?

is there any difference between flashing boot directly from within the system (as suggested using built in feature) and my "method" ?

Please guide us, thank you!
    If you use a different device's boot or recovery.img then you have to be 100% sure the manufacturer built it with Magisk support, build flag, as system as root.
    If not then your boot.img won't be patchable with Magisk and will result in a brick situation since Android 9(not prior Android versions).
    Most boot.img's over 18MB are usually built with Magisk support, if yours is under 15MB then it won't work and was built incorrectly by the manufacturer.
    Android 9 now also has anti tampering protection from Google by default that checks each partition's build flags and fingerprints and if they don't match with each other then it doesn't boot if discrepancies are found. Android 10 even has A/B partitions now with 2 identical partitions for each partition, even if you modify one, it won't match the other read-only one and firmware will refuse to boot. Android 11 Google is working on, they changed things yet again and even made it even more difficult to modify anything.

There is no difference between flashing the boot partition inside the firmware.

Comment

valuable explanation, as usual!

please find attached the boot I would need to use patched by Magisk (multiple zip file, rename the biggest one as boot.z01 and unpack)

Sorry but I cannot use other upload methods as of now.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

If you use a different device's boot or recovery.img then you have to be 100% sure the manufacturer built it with Magisk support, build flag, as system as root.
        If not then your boot.img won't be patchable with Magisk and will result in a brick situation since Android 9(not prior Android versions).
        Most boot.img's over 18MB are usually built with Magisk support, if yours is under 15MB then it won't work and was built incorrectly by the manufacturer.
        Android 9 now also has anti tampering protection from Google by default that checks each partition's build flags and fingerprints and if they don't match with each other then it doesn't boot if discrepancies are found. Android 10 even has A/B partitions now with 2 identical partitions for each partition, even if you modify one, it won't match the other read-only one and firmware will refuse to boot. Android 11 Google is working on, they changed things yet again and even made it even more difficult to modify anything.

How does boot or recovery.img with other devices fit your rom

Comment

my "home made" boot & recovery work well on my system but - once patched with magisk (and their original structure seems to be compliant) - the box does not boot anymore....

Comment

Do you have a link to the stock firmware used on your device?
            Maybe I can see what wifi, bluetooth, ethernet and other hardware it uses inside.
            If the manufacturer can send me the kernel source code, then I can perhaps make a firmware for it too if it is indeed a RK3328.
            Hello again,
            No, I don't have the stock firmware but I already asked for it to the manufacturer. Let's see if they answer soon or not.

I'll keep you updated.

Regards and thanks a lot for your work.

Comment

Uploaded v1.2 ROM, see OP.

Comment

thanks for your continuous effort, Mo123!

Do you mind checking if boot I posted some days ago is compliant to Magisk?

Another question: how did you inserted the "flash image" option in the standard Developer Options?

Comment

Updated ROM v1.3, see OP.
                  It works a lot faster now, pre-patched with Magisk and added a nice AndroidTV setup screen.

Comment

can this firmware can be flashed on scishon v88 piano 4gb/16gb rk3328 tv box

Comment

Uploaded v1.2 ROM, see OP.
                      Hi dear mo123!

I have a H96 max+ device with 4gb/32gb rk3328, Android 9. I know that my device has DDR3 , so your firmware will not be working... But I am interested in the RefreshRate app of your firmware. Is this an app that I can use for my device original frimware or it is only for MVR9? I want to use it for kodi auto switching frame rate. Is this possible?

Comment

Originally posted by sstavross View Post

Hi dear mo123!

I have a H96 max+ device with 4gb/32gb rk3328, Android 9. I know that my device has DDR3 , so your firmware will not be working... But I am interested in the RefreshRate app of your firmware. Is this an app that I can use for my device original frimware or it is only for MVR9? I want to use it for kodi auto switching frame rate. Is this possible?
                        The Refreshrate app requires AndroidTV firmware to work and won't install on tablet firmwares.
                        Your firmware must already support auto frame-rate switching for the app to work, the app can't add these functions to firmware.
                        The app will also not help with Kodi that already uses auto frame-rate switching if the firmware supports it.
                        The app is only for other apps if you always want them to open in a certain frame-rate or bring up Android's HDMI resolution menu to manually change the frame-rate while still inside an app without closing it.

Try to test different RK3328 LibreELEC images for your device, one might work then you have auto frame-rate switching and better video playback.
                        LibreELEC is a Linux Kodi OS that runs from a micro-sd card.

Comment

The Refreshrate app requires AndroidTV firmware to work and won't install on tablet firmwares.
                          Your firmware must already support auto frame-rate switching for the app to work, the app can't add these functions to firmware.
                          The app will also not help with Kodi that already uses auto frame-rate switching if the firmware supports it.
                          The app is only for other apps if you always want them to open in a certain frame-rate or bring up Android's HDMI resolution menu to manually change the frame-rate while still inside an app without closing it.

Try to test different RK3328 LibreELEC images for your device, one might work then you have auto frame-rate switching and better video playback.
                          LibreELEC is a Linux Kodi OS that runs from a micro-sd card.
                          Thank you so much for your quick answer!! You are really very helpfull!!

Yes, I know what Librelel is , I have already tested the RK3328 LibreELEC image, tis very smooth and also the frame switching is working!! I just wanted to have the same feature on android...

The device I have (H96 max+) is aTV box, not a tablet.. Is there a way to "trick" the original frimware and to fake it as an AndroidTV firmware, so to import this refresh rate app? even bringing up android's HDMI resolution menu to manually change the frame rate while still inside an up is better than not changing the frame rate...

Here is the link of my device's firmware is you want to have a look (it is an.img file)

Again, thank you for your help and time!

Comment

Originally posted by sstavross View Post

Thank you so much for your quick answer!! You are really very helpfull!!

Yes, I know what Librelel is , I have already tested the RK3328 LibreELEC image, tis very smooth and also the frame switching is working!! I just wanted to have the same feature on android...

The device I have (H96 max+) is aTV box, not a tablet.. Is there a way to "trick" the original frimware and to fake it as an AndroidTV firmware, so to import this refresh rate app? even bringing up android's HDMI resolution menu to manually change the frame rate while still inside an up is better than not changing the frame rate...

Here is the link of my device's firmware is you want to have a look (it is an.img file)

Again, thank you for your help and time!
                            The H96 Max+ runs Android tablet firmware like most tv boxes.
                            You can trick apps to make them think they run on tablet firmware if using AndroidTV firmware, but you can't trick apps to make them think they run AndroidTV firmware on tablet firmware.
                            In your case, with your firmware, the RefreshRate app will only show one resolution, 1280x720p@60hz and nothing else to switch to manually, so it will be of no use even if you could modify the app to work on your device somehow since the firmware is broken.

Comment

Do you have a link to the stock firmware used on your device?
                              Maybe I can see what wifi, bluetooth, ethernet and other hardware it uses inside.
                              If the manufacturer can send me the kernel source code, then I can perhaps make a firmware for it too if it is indeed a RK3328.
                              Finally I got it the firmware. Here you can find it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15O...KYhhWa-5J4FUpG

Comment

Thats why i stay on android 7, its a pain in the a* to bypass restrictions

Comment

Working...
                                X