Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

No, only works on RK3328 devices.
    I have no interest to make RK3318 ROM's and it would also be impossible to do so.
    OK, thanks a lot

Comment

I've flashed it to a Bqeel U1 Max (4+128) but it does not boot. Maybe it is because the RAM is DDR3

Comment

Originally posted by dmontesinos View Post
        I've flashed it to a Bqeel U1 Max (4+128) but it does not boot. Maybe it is because the RAM is DDR3
        It seems it's a RK3318 and not a RK3328 device which is better, that might be why it's not booting.
        Even with DDR4 it should boot but just be very slow as DDR3 can't keep up with the speed of DDR4 RAM that is the default in the firmware and will result in freezes.
        It's strange that they sell this new weaker RK3318 device instead of the older MVR9 that is better and also has LibreELEC support.

Comment

It seems it's a RK3318 and not a RK3328 device which is better, that might be why it's not booting.
          Even with DDR4 it should boot but just be very slow as DDR3 can't keep up with the speed of DDR4 RAM that is the default in the firmware and will result in freezes.
          It's strange that they sell this new weaker RK3318 device instead of the older MVR9 that is better and also has LibreELEC support.
          According to the device, it has the RK3328 Chipset:
          (Sorry for the cualty, pictures took with the laptop camera)
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by dmontesinos View Post

According to the device, it has the RK3328 Chipset:
            (Sorry for the cualty, pictures took with the laptop camera)
            Do you have a link to the stock firmware used on your device?
            Maybe I can see what wifi, bluetooth, ethernet and other hardware it uses inside.
            If the manufacturer can send me the kernel source code, then I can perhaps make a firmware for it too if it is indeed a RK3328.

Comment

Nice work, thank you for trying to make rk3328 better fir us all.

Any chance to make it full android version aswell?

Still rocking with my A9S 1.1 PCB (A5X Max, Mx9 ect.) Android 7.1.2, i have managed to get my hands on the X99 rk3399 board, does improve overall performance and responsiveness but aswell has some bugs in the firmware no framerate switching in kodi, not even rkmc support.

??????When will they bring out new Chipsets? i rather get one with rockchip than with amlogic shit. I love the fact that you cannot brick rockips.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post
                Nice work, thank you for trying to make rk3328 better fir us all.

Any chance to make it full android version aswell?

Still rocking with my A9S 1.1 PCB (A5X Max, Mx9 ect.) Android 7.1.2, i have managed to get my hands on the X99 rk3399 board, does improve overall performance and responsiveness but aswell has some bugs in the firmware no framerate switching in kodi, not even rkmc support.

??????When will they bring out new Chipsets? i rather get one with rockchip than with amlogic shit. I love the fact that you cannot brick rockips.
                I can try to make a normal Android firmware but it's not very user-friendly on a tv screen and you will also not be able to use some apps like manual frame-rate switching for any app, only for Kodi.

Some sad news
                RK3588 will only come out at the end of the year and manufacturers might only make devices perhaps a few months after that.
                RK3566 which will most likely be used for tv boxes, only released in the 2nd, 3rd quarter of the year, so still a long way off.
                RK3566 will have much better graphics than RK3399 and new games should play smoothly and the 1.8Ghz CPU will also be fast enough to support 1080p Netflix, the device will also run a lot cooler because of the new 12nm technology.

For RK3399, I would recommend the RockPi 4 RK3399, it is currently the best supported RK3399 device.
                If you want a better device and can get a buyer for your X99, it is highly recommended.
                I also made Android 9 firmware for it and it also supports LibreELEC and Linux OS's.
                You can easily flash firmware or a Linux OS to a micro-sd card and boot it.
                Can even upgrade Android firmware from the micro-sd card onto the emmc and the emmc is removable so you can replace it easily if you soft brick the device or want to use bigger storage.
                Raspberry Pi accessories are also compatible with it, since it uses similar sizes and connectors for components.

Comment

I too would need a "normal" Android version since some streaming APP do not start at all being installed on a "Android TV" platform (\\etc\permission\....) and with a not compatible SystemUI.apk

thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by traversone View Post
                    I too would need a "normal" Android version since some streaming APP do not start at all being installed on a "Android TV" platform (\\etc\permission\....) and with a not compatible SystemUI.apk

thank you!
                    You can check installed apps's UI Mode in 'Apps' scroll to the bottom to see this setting for each app.
                    You can then change it to Normal instead of Television to have a normal Android UI.
                    Some apps like Amazon Prime Video(phone app) needs 'normal' mode otherwise it doesn't work on AndroidTV firmware.
                    You can then also use Magisk to make your device Google Certified and emulate a phone device eg. Xiaomi Mi Android 9.
                    In this case some of those apps will work correctly.

But I'll try to make a normal firmware too.

Comment

I was not aware of your first option...do you mind to comment on further? What do I need to do exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by traversone View Post
                        I was not aware of your first option...do you mind to comment on further? What do I need to do exactly?
                        Choose the top Gear icon to open Settings
                        Go to Apps
                        See all apps
                        Click on your installed app
                        Scroll down to the last Setting - UI Mode
                        Change the UI Mode to Normal, Desk, Car, Television, Appliance, Watch or Vr-headset.
                        The default value is Television except for some apps that are already in a whitelist like Amazon Prime Video, Google Movies(both of which are Normal and not Television) and some Chinese streaming app like ktcp.

Comment

I have the same rk3328, ddr3 memory as mx10, wifi and bluetooth for 8723bs can brush mvr9 firmware, but after brushing, remote control, bluetooth wiif and wired network card cannot use, play dts-hd video cannot sound I think the more people you use to test the firmware, the more you can test the problem. The problem is I can't test it at all hope compatible with my box, thanks! ?? ?? ?? ??

Comment

Originally posted by 251643711 View Post
                            I have the same rk3328, ddr3 memory as mx10, wifi and bluetooth for 8723bs can brush mvr9 firmware, but after brushing, remote control, bluetooth wiif and wired network card cannot use, play dts-hd video cannot sound I think the more people you use to test the firmware, the more you can test the problem. The problem is I can't test it at all hope compatible with my box, thanks! ?? ?? ?? ??
                            DTS-HD sound is working according to Kodi's log.
                            Did you enable the passthrough sound options in Kodi?
                            If you use the MediaCenter app then there will be no DTS sound since it requires a license.

MX10 uses a different remote, only 100mbps ethernet and a different chip id for the wifi/bt chip under the 8723bs model so it's expected that won't work.
                            Without a sample device and kernel source from the MX10 manufacturer, I can't support it.

Comment

Magisk Topic for MO123:

said that I am currently use an H96MAX H2 (not MAX+), I tailored a working boot+recovery from X88MAX+ Pie Firmware.

If I patch this boot by Magisk and rebuild the full IMG, I simpy get a not booting device, why ?

is there any difference between flashing boot directly from within the system (as suggested using built in feature) and my "method" ?

Please guide us, thank you!

Comment

DTS-HD sound is working according to Kodi's log.
                                Did you enable the passthrough sound options in Kodi?
                                If you use the MediaCenter app then there will be no DTS sound since it requires a license.

MX10 uses a different remote, only 100mbps ethernet and a different chip id for the wifi/bt chip under the 8723bs model so it's expected that won't work.
                                Without a sample device and kernel source from the MX10 manufacturer, I can't support it.
                                I replace the kernel myself and can't start your room, dts-hd can't start, straight to definitely open, I mean no sound, not decode dts-hd

Comment

Working...
                                X