MVR9 RK3328 - Custom AndroidTV Pie ROM by mo123

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Do you have a link to the stock firmware used on your device?
    Maybe I can see what wifi, bluetooth, ethernet and other hardware it uses inside.
    If the manufacturer can send me the kernel source code, then I can perhaps make a firmware for it too if it is indeed a RK3328.
    What about the Pine64's Rock64 RK3328 board??? Maybe you already your ported your changes and built a ROM for this device....
    If not...
    here is the link: https://github.com/a9rock64/manifests

I just ordered a Rock64 version 3, should be here in 3 to 4 weeks, I know your busy, but it would be so cool if there was fresh ATV Pie ROM to install when it arrives
    )

Comment

• mo123
      mo123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Pine64 really need to update that SDK as it's so full of bugs and almost unusable.
      Most people couldn't even get their uploaded Pie firmware booted on Rock64 devices.
      No updates or activity for over 6 months for Rock64 Android in their forums.
      If they fix and improve things, I could try to make a firmware in future.

Hello, my problem is fallow:
    I have a:
    H96 MAX+ and i have install this rom BUT.......
    I see a "ERASING" Screen only and nothing will do.
    Next Time i make a Photo

Comment

Originally posted by wolfsstolz View Post
      Hello, my problem is fallow:
      I have a:
      H96 MAX+ and i have install this rom BUT.......
      I see a "ERASING" Screen only and nothing will do.
      Next Time i make a Photo
      Well that is because this ROM is only for MVR9 boxes or boards that have the same PCM configuration made by same OEM, it will not work with all RK3328 devices!
      I believe this is a clone of the device Mo123 has in this YouTube video https://youtu.be/EOG3G_tHJWk :
      Bqeel is just a trademark brand, they didn't make the device - so some people might have a device where this firmware works with a different brand name. BUT your device needs to have the same I/O port locations and the exact same PCB configuration for the ROM to work. Note* most firmwares are not universal just because the devices have the same CPU/GPU, ok!

Comment

• mo123
        mo123 commented
        Editing a comment
        The video shows the correct device, same one I use the ROM on.

For wolfsstolz
        The MVR9 uses high-speed DDR4 RAM while most H96 devices use DDR3 RAM which will cause all kinds of issues, freezes or non-booting as I mentioned in the opening post. There are also more than 5 different H96 devices with different hardware inside which makes it a nightmare to find the correct firmware to work. Some H96's are even cheap RK3318 devices clocked at 1.0/1.1Ghz but advertised on Aliexpress and other places as RK3328 devices, best to avoid as you won't know what you'll get.

Hello, my CPU is a RK3328 and i dont know why but ist i Install this Rom and remove the power cable few times the Rom will boot later but without WiFi.
      this ist the only Rom with fw 9.x at this time.
      Anybody can Tell me why there ist No WiFi (with LAN i can use it)?
      next step ist i search twrp for my Box top.
      Thanks for Help Mo123
      ??????Sorry die my english

Comment

Hello, my CPU is a RK3328 and i dont know why but ist i Install this Rom and remove the power cable few times the Rom will boot later but without WiFi.
        this ist the only Rom with fw 9.x at this time.
        Anybody can Tell me why there ist No WiFi (with LAN i can use it)?
        next step ist i search twrp for my Box top.
        Thanks for Help Mo123
        ??????Sorry die my english
        The firmware uses RTL8723BS wifi and bluetooth.
        Your device uses a different wifi chip HS2734C, bluetooth and ir remote, so those things won't work correctly.
        There is no Android 9 twrp yet.

Comment

My TV Box is this: Alfawise T9 (https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...3-0-support-4k)
          I installed your system but put it in bootloop, you know how to fix ?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

The firmware uses RTL8723BS wifi and bluetooth.
            Your device uses a different wifi chip HS2734C, bluetooth and ir remote, so those things won't work correctly.
            There is no Android 9 twrp yet.
            My IR Works fine, i have 2 IR-Remotes, one from H96+ and the other one from H96 MAX.
            I can use it too only Wifi Chip or Driver dont work for me.
            And there are no TWRP or other for me at this moment for install zip ?! I will install nice stuuf on Android or can i use a TWRP File from another Android Version here ?! Or other, is it possible that i can install a TWRP File from Firmware 8 on FW 9 too !?? Thanks for Help

Click image for larger version  Name:	H96_Max+_2556x2507.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.4 KB ID:	799620 Click image for larger version

Name:	H96Max+_1296x1082.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	799621
            Last edited by wolfsstolz; 03-13-2020, 09:25.

Comment

@wolfsstolz :
              There is original android 9 for your box! Take a look at this link!

How is your box with mo123 firmware? Except from wifi, everything else is ok?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	xx.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	800018
                Originally posted by sstavross View Post
                @wolfsstolz :
                There is original android 9 for your box! Take a look at this link!

How is your box with mo123 firmware? Except from wifi, everything else is ok?
                Hello, the Firmware 1.2 from this Link works, only wifi dont work but i use LAN only so thats ok. vFirmware 1.3 dont work, i dont know why. The Erase Screen comes and then the Bootloop. I have test all the other Links for FWW 9.x but that dont work for me or do you have a link for me ?! I think i have donload all the Firmware files and i dont will donload it again. Thanks for help.
                I like the option to use a Firmware file from forum and not for manufacture
                The words "geht nicht" is in english it dont work
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello, the Firmware 1.2 from this Link works, only wifi dont work but i use LAN only so thats ok. vFirmware 1.3 dont work, i dont know why. The Erase Screen comes and then the Bootloop. I have test all the other Links for FWW 9.x but that dont work for me or do you have a link for me ?! I think i have donload all the Firmware files and i dont will donload it again. Thanks for help.
                  I had the same problem: with v1.1 and v1.3 it ended up in bootloop, but I did not try v1.2... I'll give it a try this weekend

Comment

For me the firmware that worked was RK3328_DC_H96_Max+_HS2734C_9_20191031.2215.img
                    I remember that I open rthe box to have a look at the hardware and I remember a sticker with the "HS2734C_9" printed on it , that's why I choose this particular firmware.
                    Mayby you have to open your box to see what sticker is inside.
                    I don't have the box now, I "sold" it, for me it is a very bad box compared to Amlogic boxes, so I cant try the mo123 firmware...

@dmontesinos, try the V1.2 and tell as if it works...

Comment

mo123

Thanks for this ROM !

Installed V1.3 on my MVR9
                      Had some minor issues, e.g. MELE F10 pro will be default audio device until I made usb audio changes in develeper options.

But this ROM is well done !

Within Kodi i can use Dolby digital 5.1
                      Picture quality is better than AML 905D

Netflix and disney do need the android apps with an airmouse. AndroidTV Versions do not run.

Comment

Originally posted by bylderup View Post
                        mo123

Thanks for this ROM !

Installed V1.3 on my MVR9
                        Had some minor issues, e.g. MELE F10 pro will be default audio device until I made usb audio changes in develeper options.

But this ROM is well done !

Within Kodi i can use Dolby digital 5.1
                        Picture quality is better than AML 905D

Netflix and disney do need the android apps with an airmouse. AndroidTV Versions do not run.
                        Hi

For Netflix, it's best to download it from the APKPure app store since it is an xapk split app file meaning it will install the app with correct densities(160, 320dpi etc.) and is better compatible.

For Disney, I read users follow these instructions - https://androidpctv.com/disney-incom...martphone-fix/
                        Please let me know if this app works or others you tried and what quality it plays, maybe maximum is 720p and the sound if it works in stereo or you need to connect to an AVR to hear sound since Disney+ is not available in my country yet.
                        They are also working on a Kodi addon for Disney+, so it should be available in a few weeks - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342927

Don't know if you also use HBO EU, if so there is also a Kodi addon to stream in 1080p quality I heard.

For Live tv with epg, playlists I found the Tivimate app to work the best on AndroidTV.

Android Pie firmware also supports fractional frame-rates like 23.976, 29.97, 59.94hz in Kodi so videos play very smooth now if auto frame-rate settings are set up correctly.
                        Magisk with HideProps addon can also hide root from apps that might not have worked before.

If you play lots of HEVC, H265 videos in Kodi, try this new app - https://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/...rmeabi-v7a.apk
                        There is currently a bug in all the old Kodi's where you can't seek forwards or back in H265 videos then the videos will just play audio and video playback freezes.
                        They are still deciding what is the best way to fix it and if the patch used for the above Kodi app will work on all Android devices.

Comment

mo123 Hi, I find you on all the forums right now ..
                          I just found this custom Rom and I am very interested .. I have a MX10 TvBox running Android 7.1.2 rooted, can your custom rom be installed on my box? Otherwise is it possible to build an MX10 compatible Rom? Thank you and have a nice day..

Comment

Originally posted by Ac2n View Post
                            mo123 Hi, I find you on all the forums right now ..
                            I just found this custom Rom and I am very interested .. I have a MX10 TvBox running Android 7.1.2 rooted, can your custom rom be installed on my box? Otherwise is it possible to build an MX10 compatible Rom? Thank you and have a nice day..
                            I will need the Android Pie kernel sources for the MX10 device since every device uses different drivers and settings to build a ROM.
                            You can try it, but make sure you have a backup of your stock firmware to flash back after testing it.
                            Some things like the ir remote, wifi, bluetooth, ethernet, DDR3(cause slowness), led's might not work on different devices.

Comment

Working...
                            X