X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi ,

i changed to Apex Classic , better for my needs , good luck / gefattern

Comment

gefattern: I see Magicsee N6 MAX has a new firmware, thinking about trying it on my x99. They have the same spec except the Magicsee N6 Max has DDR4 ram.

Comment

Raruba - you seem keen to brick your box. The H96 Max has an RK3399 CPU but has a slightly different layout.where the external connectors are. Also has an AV audio as well where the reset button is. Flash method is not the same as X99 - doesnt need power and uses USB 3.so I doubt the PCB is the same. I have both but havent opened them up - not that bothered about TWRP for X99 - rather keep my box working . But good luck if you decide to try either the TWRP or the other ROM - let us know what happens

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post
          gefattern: I see Magicsee N6 MAX has a new firmware, thinking about trying it on my x99. They have the same spec except the Magicsee N6 Max has DDR4 ram.
          Hi ,

not sure if it works , but Pages before someone says it works well , N6 FW on X99 Box , same with

TWRP , maybe better to upload the needed Files there , like discribed , and wait till one is ready for

our X99 Box , maybe someone from here can do this , i cant , no good Internet , only 3G ,

what ever you do , report / good luck / gefattern

Comment

If you read back through the posts you will find that version has been tested. Its not rooted

Comment

Thanks, found...but kodi tere has a problem with HDR UHD.

Comment

• mo123
                mo123 commented
                Editing a comment
                X99's firmware doesn't support HDR or 4K, everything is downscaled to 1080p.

Hello, are you sure? I have played downloaded 4K HDR movie and it played in mxplayer even TV switched to HDR...

Comment

• mo123
                mo123 commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe MXPlayer can play HDR on Nougat.
                But I know Rockchip only fixed it in Oreo and Pie last month for Kodi 18.

I'v been used and sold my X99 last year

Lack of "real" HDR and 4K downscaled>>1080

Oreo&Pie support but still I'm not sure

Comment

Anyone find android 8.1 for X99 TV Box RK3399?

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post
                  Anyone find android 8.1 for X99 TV Box RK3399?
                  Hi ,

that would be nice , did you found Information about that ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

No wish I did....but my 7.1.2 is running OK....haven't had any problems with it so far....just can't believe Rock-chip hasn't come out with 8.1 yet....WOW

Comment

• gefattern
                      gefattern commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hi , for sure they did but not for our Boxes / CPUs , i think , greetings / gefattern

Yeah they got it for the 3328 but not the 3399....(very fast box) 3399 that is. I have 8.1 running on my MX10 Pro....runs great

Comment

Hi All,

I am experiencing some of the same problems on my x99:

1. Unable to update SuperSU via the PlayStore.
                      2. Unable to run Titanium batch backup. The search bar and the menu in the right upper corner are missing as well as the navigation bar. I can get to the batch options using the "menu" button on the remote control but can't actually run the backup command (the "run" button appears to be grayed out despite all the apps being selected.) Not to worried about the nav bar as it's not particularly useful on a TV box and the third party ones work just fine.
                      3. I am on the 7.1.2 version of the Android, latest firmware which i flashed using the SD card.

There might be a way to install the SuperSU from the zip file ( https://download.chainfire.eu/1220/S...1001224502.zip ) using the FK Kernel Manager https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.kernel&hl=en . But I haven't tried it:

a. The program is $3.99
                      b. I am afraid of bricking the device and don't feel like re-flashing the firmware and starting from scratch (especially without the Titanum backup file).

If anyone wants to try it let me know how it goes.
                      Also, has anyone actually succeeded in installing an Oreo ROM from another RK3399 device?

Thanks

Comment

• mo123
                        mo123 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Any SuperSU you flash will brick your device and cause a bootloop.
                        Only firmwares I made had the correct fixes included to not cause a bootloop.
                        Never buy WeChip devices again since you will never get updates or any support.
                        Radxa Rock Pi 4 RK3399 is a 10x better RK3399 product and costs the same.

Hi eagleMK

Last year,I'v been used this box(X99) and some others RK3399 too

Just forget it your request list!
                      RK3399 dead or problematic Boxes and no one support it!

Dont get your Box Brick!!

Might be gefattern give you some advises

Comment

Working...
                      X