Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beppin View Post
    short the "three pinout" to enter maskrom mode
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1548836240438.jpg Views:	1 Size:	59.1 KB ID:	760728
    Hi

I tried it nothing came up but the small light the red one it get switch off while im connecting the 3 points together

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
      Hi ,

please use a copper wire for shorting , this looks for me little strange ,

and you really know which one is the "reset" Button ??? , think well , now

only can hope you will get it , did you load the SD Tools ??? ,

good luck / gefattern
      I tried cooper same thing.

Comment

Hi ,

sorry to hear that , really thought this new Info shall help to restore your Box ,

did you tried the 2 Points above the Heatsink ??? , did you use the SDtools from

the Link i gave you ??? , did you use the normal USB Port like User above discribed ,

really cant understand why you can not restore your Box , hope you will get it , good

luck / greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post
          This is for X99 TV Box Firmware (20181024) Plugin the big USB plug into your computer the small 3.0 USB cable first into the box. Then hold the reset button and plug USB(big) to USB (big) into 2.0 USB on your computer and other end into the box (X99) while holding reset button. You will hear a sound knowing your box is connected. Then startup the RK android tool v2.43, load the firmware and hit upgrade. This is for 20181024 and its rooted and it works great when I hook it to my TV.

Hi

I follow your way but the still same (no device)

Comment

Hi ,

you write the latest Rom runs great , does RecentApps work now ??? , are there still

atv.Settings (grey) & stock Settings (white) , mixed in one Rom , any Bugs found ???

thanks / greetings / gefattern

Comment

Everything is running great, haven't seen anything not working.

Comment

Everything is running great, haven't seen anything not working.
                Hi ,

so you mean RecentApps working now , they can be closed ???

and what about atv. & stock Settings are still both used ???

this would be good to know , thanks / gefattern

Comment

Only thing that I know of not working is the screensaver, its worthless. But that,s no big deal. What is atv???

Comment

Only thing that I know of not working is the screensaver, its worthless. But that,s no big deal. What is atv???
                    Hi ,

atv.Settings , this stupid extra implemented (grey) Settings App , not only

the stock (white) Settings , that is what i mean ,

Screensaver , you must first close one thing in DeveloperOption , this is the

"activeDisplay" Function , then it shall work , hopefully ,

greetings / gefattern
                    Last edited by gefattern; 02-01-2019, 19:13.

Comment

Hi just received another X99 box from wechip as a replacement for one of my H96 boxes that had failed. Unlike the 4/64GB one I bought this was a 4/32GB version with 20180522 firmware which wasnt rooted unlike the 20181024 latest one. I used the 20181024 firmware download posted here to upgrade using following steps.

1: Used Factory Tool 1.45 set in upgrade mode and firmware selected
                      2: Connected MALE to MALE USB A cable with a USB/C connector to USB port on PC and C port on Box (PC port was USB 3 but cable I used isnt so I dont think it matters - USB 3 or 2)
                      3 After connecting cables Press down reset button and hold
                      4 Whilst reset button held down Connect box AC power lead - release reset button
                      5 Check Factory tool has detected box as loader
                      6 Hit start and wait to finish

Worked seemlessly. The firmware is nice and smooth. I changer default launcher for microsoft launcher which works fine.
                      Last edited by sesdave; 02-03-2019, 05:45.

Comment

Originally posted by sesdave View Post
                        Hi just received another X99 box from wechip as a replacement for one of my H96 boxes that had failed. Unlike the 4/64GB one I bought this was a 4/32GB version with 20180522 firmware which wasnt rooted unlike the 20181024 latest one. I used the 20181024 firmware download posted here to upgrade using following steps.

1: Used Factory Tool 1.45 set in upgrade mode and firmware selected
                        2: Connected USB cable with USB/C connector to PC and Box
                        3 After connecting cables Press down reset button and hold
                        4 Whilst reset button held down Connect box AC power lead - release reset button
                        5 Check Factory tool has detected box as loader
                        6 Hit start and wait to finish

Worked seemlessly. The firmware is nice and smooth. I changer default launcher for microsoft launcher which works fine.
                        Hi ,

nice to hear that you can flash your Box without help , but there are well

"rooted" Roms for this Box , you can find them here , or somewhere linked ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi - I flashed because I want a rooted rom and 20181024 seems to be the best around at present - it was preloaded on the first box I bought. I just posted the flashing procedure I used for clarity as there are numerous posts on here which arent that clear in English re a flashing procedure that works on this box. If it helps anyone then great. Personally I like the box - gets about 90000 on Antutu with this firmware - has KODI 18 beta pre- installed. Does what I want , runs fast and smooth with the 20181024 firmware and its a good price for an RK3399 box.
                          Last edited by sesdave; 02-01-2019, 11:35.

Comment

Hi ,

thought this Version is not "rooted" , can you clarify it , thanks ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi - 20181024 download posted by BEPPIN #647 on this forum is rooted. Root check confirms fully rooted. No need install SuperSU (dont know what would happen if you did!) - Rooted Apps run fine without it. I installed Reboot , Adaway and Lucky Patcher - they all need root and they all work no issues.

Comment

latest FW by "WiFi OTA" Rooted!

Gefattern knows this,but before OTA update you need another(previous-latest) FW(or ROM) to do this
                                WiFi OTA,when you did it this FW than you can re-update by WiFi OTA update,well kinda confuse

But I did it right this method and got the ROOTED FW!! (KODI versions works fine!)

Note;I'm not sure of the firmware dates because I sold this device+

Comment

Working...
                                X