No announcement yet.

UPDATE - T-R42 - wasser firmware - Kikat Android 4.4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please can someone help, I ve spent hours trying to update my K-RK3188-V4.3 (standard 4.2 ROM) to Wasser's 4.4 firmware, but I ve got nowhere.

I use Ubuntu so cant use RKbatchtool, there is a Linux equivalent but it cant flash update images, at least not Android versions below 4.4.

I was going to try and update it in recovery just like any other Android device (I can do this on my RK3066 car head unit without any problems), but if I hold down the recovery button and power up the box the light comes on and stays on but I get no output on the screen (on monitor via HDMI), if I power on as normal the box boots fine. Is it normal not to have any output on the screen in recovery ?

I ve tried "reboot recovery" in a terminal but even thought the box is rooted it says "not allowed", I ve tried "sudo reboot recovery", "sudo reboot" and I get similar responses.

Usually I do everything on the device and use ADB if theres a problem, cant see any mention anywhere on the internet of using ADB to flash the update, so not sure I want to try that.

Apparently the Radxa Rock can be flashed on device using this command :
    "sudo dd if=imagename.img of=/dev/block/mtd/by-name/imagename bs=16384 conv=sync,fsync", would this work ?

I cant believe I ve spent 3 hours just researching stuff online and I ve got absolutely nowhere, its such a simple thing to do an update, never had such problems before, even with other Rockchip devices. Cant believe I cant just go into recovery and flash an update image, this is a basic Android function. Can anyone help ? I m tearing my hair out !!

Thanks
    Last edited by typos2; 12-02-2014, 23:43.

Comment

device powers off after upgrade

Hello all I just got a new T-R42 from geekbuying last week, and got the version 4.2. I am trying to upgrade the firmware to Wasser's 1.04, and while i am able to successfully flash the rom, the device does not work after that. It powers up for few seconds and then shuts down again. I can go back to the stock firmware, but cannot use wasser's.
      SO has anyone else experienced such a problem, or will this rom not work with my version of T-R42 Thanks
      Last edited by vsg; 12-12-2014, 05:09.

Comment

Re: UPDATE - T-R42 - wasser firmware - Kikat Android 4.4.2

Is 1080p playback on XBMC your sole goal?

If so, the Raspberry Pi with OpenElec is highly recommended since smooth 1080p playback on Android can be problematic without supported custom ROMs.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by rceccleston; 12-13-2014, 14:53.

Comment

Originally posted by vsg View Post
          Hello all I just got a new T-R42 from geekbuying last week, and got the version 4.2. I am trying to upgrade the firmware to Wasser's 1.04, and while i am able to successfully flash the rom, the device does not work after that. It powers up for few seconds and then shuts down again. I can go back to the stock firmware, but cannot use wasser's.
          SO has anyone else experienced such a problem, or will this rom not work with my version of T-R42 Thanks
          I had a similar problem. But my problem went away on its own (maybe because Im running 104)
          The problem I had was when device was completely off I had to connect something with a powered USB to the unit. The unit would then completely power up and run perfectly. I could use the remote and place unit in standby and then on again with no problems.

Something for you to try. B351_V2.0 tr42 was my hardware.

Comment

@Robot20 i did try your USB method, but it was without much success, so it leads me to a conclusion that my box version is yet to have a custom rom
            @rceccleston i think you quoted the wrong person.

Comment

Compatibility with MK/CS918 Quad core android box

HI all,
              please forgive me if this is a silly question, but ' new to this.. Are these firmware downloads compatible with the MK/CS 918 quad core tv boxes?

I've a box that has been corrupted. I've tried to re load firmware from another site and the closest I have got for the box to work again is everything works apart from Wifi, ethnet, and Bluetooth will not enable or turn on.

Please can someone help?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by wasser View Post
              version 1.0.4

- included all features/fixes from previous release
              - added localation setting
              - 8gb in one partition
              - fixed a bug in hardware keyboard setting
              - google apps updated
              - several fixes which i don't remember
              - wasser xbmc 1.2
              - improved hdmi driver, system stability

firmware for new revision: wasser-firmware-tr42-new-1.0.4.zip
              firmware for old revision: wasser-firmware-tr42-old-1.0.4.zip
              please use RKBatchTool to flash the new firmware

version 1.0.3

- T-R42-V3.5 and old revision support
              - perfect 1080p fullhd video streaming
              - multiuser support
              - busybox up to date
              - google apps up to date
              - screen rotation support
              - reboot/sleep/bootloader mode dialog
              - add TVOUT support
              - full support stock ir remote
              - lock screen support
              - preload wasser xbmc-1.1 based on gotham 13.1 stable release
              - passthrough support in wasser xbmc
              - add setting for Accessibility
              - add setting for sleep, daydream and wallpaper
              - add support for Mouse Wheel Zoom Settings
              - add support for no wakup on mouse movement, enable it by default
              - add manual hide system bar, you can wipe from bottom/top of screen to show it again
              - add setting for Alarm/Notifications volume
              - add support hls streaming
              - fixed red frame issue in chrome browser

- added option to disable the hardware keyboard (add ro.hardkeyboard.support=false to
              /system/build.prop to disable hardware keyboard )

- several fixes which i don't remember
              - include all features included in 0.95

firmware for new revision: wasser-firmware-kikat-t-r42-new-1.0.3.zip
              firmware for old revision: wasser-firmware-kikat-t-r42-old-1.0.3.zip
              wasser xbmc: http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/wasser-xbmc-v1.2.apk
              tool to set the static MAC address: rk3188-UpgradeDll-tool-v1.26.zip

version 0.95

- only T-R42-V3.5 support
              - kikat 4.4.2
              - multi usb partitions support
              - usb webcam support
              - sound device manager
              - wifi support
              - ethernet support
              - bluetooth support
              - ir-remote support
              - init.d support
              - rooted
              - ntfs, nfs, iso, cifs filesystem support
              - preinstall es file manager
              - remove google searchbar
              - cwm recovery
              - add screen rotation
              - enable tun in the kernel
              - add notification sound
              - add lock screen
              - update busybox
              - update google apps
              - add hardware keyboard
              - added 1080p24hz, 1080p30hz

Link download: wasser-firmware-t-r42-new-0.95.zip

version 0.92

- Ugoos Ut1, k-r42, t-r42 and MinixX7 (all revision support, please select the correct kernel)
              - Kikat 4.4.2
              - wifi support
              - ethernet support
              - init.d support
              - rooted
              - ntfs, nfs, iso, cifs filesystem support
              - preinstall es file manager, reboot
              - cwm recovery
              - 1080p24hz, 1080p30hz, 1366x768p60hz support
              - fix remote issue

Link download:

please post your feedbacks, it's very important!

Be aware: it is your own risk!

Comment

disabling wifi didnt help

Originally posted by makku71 View Post
                I guess you aleady tried to switch of WiFi ? It can only run with eth0 if WiFi is switched off. This si the case for all version, even withthe original one if I recall correctly (but it is long ago since I use Wassers Firmware)

Hi makku71
                thanks for the reply, sorry it took so long to reply back, i haven't had a reply to any of my posts before so i didn't comeback. I just came back today to see if any updates and was surprised to see a reply lol.. might have to fix my notification setting

anyways yes i did disable wifi and still no luck, what has me stumped is that it worked without a hitch a few months before on a few devices for family.. then i bought a few more for my place, and i have the exact same device and installed the exact same firmware but this time around it will not detect my eth0.. and when i try start it it either reboots after it hangs, or it turns on but wont pickup the IP's and dns.. even if i enter them manually, it still shows up as 0.0.0.0

I tried to install the other fw i think 1.2.5 and same thing eth0 wont detect, but when stock fw the eth0 worked no problems.. so i went searching google for both a solution and another xbmc custom fw and both searches came up empty handed..

As much as i wanted xbmc I am now thinking to look for the default rom and flash that and just use an iptv app from google play.. I tried to click the restore button and return to factory but I must of wiped the box when flashing, because it still loads as wasser fw.

Comment

i just installed the 1.0.4 and its work great on CS918 K-RK3188 V3.5 ! thanks you!
                  i just wonder about the XBMC, when i enter the app its stuck and nothing can do. what can i do ? thanks

Comment

Mouse in XBMC not working & stock RC also

Hello, team.
                    After about one year having this device and have more and more troubles with BT, which refused to work from time to time, decide replace a stock firmware to Wasser's Kitkat. After successfully ending the process, have a some little troubles: in embedded XBMC mouse not worked (i think this trouble very simple to oren1's from previouse post) - cann't to chose anything from menu. Tried to use a stock remote control - any keys not functioning.
                    May be anything can help to resolve those troubles?
                    My PCB is B351_v1.1 (AP6210 - the communications chip), "old revision" v. 1.04 used. As i can see, allmost functioning perfect, BT and WiFi also, ethernet not tested. Very good performance received after upgrading, interface is very smooth, even Antutu gave about 25000. Many, many thanks to Mr. Wasser for an excellent job!

Comment

Originally posted by oren1 View Post
                      i just installed the 1.0.4 and its work great on CS918 K-RK3188 V3.5 ! thanks you!
                      i just wonder about the XBMC, when i enter the app its stuck and nothing can do. what can i do ? thanks
                      Hi Oren.
                      Please remove XBMC and install new, downloaded from any source.

Comment

hi all
                        actually i'm using the 1.0.3 firm successfully on a 2.0 board, all works great,;also wifi is acceptably stable and fast.. only sometime it slow down but it solve just restarting the wifi.
                        the only real problem is that it seem to not support flash player.. so its impossible to play videos in chrome browser and trying to update flash says the device is not supported..
                        does anyone have this problem? ^does the 1.0.4 solve this problem?

Comment

Which Version?

Is this thread still active?

I'm new to this. I have a T-R42, board is B351 V4.21...assuming I should load the new firmware?

The stock box had an issue where I was unable to play any Netflix or YouTube (stock apps) to my TV. XBMC and Showbox worked well, no video issues, so I'm not sure what was happening.
                          Last edited by wjordan; 02-25-2015, 01:38.

Comment

Hey everyone, I looked all over google for a overclock kernel for the K-RK3188-V4.3 With BT. Is there any and if there are can you point me to the right direction? Also does the kernel in this rom allow overclocking because i checked apps and they wont go above 1.6ghz. I have a bigger heatsink installed.

Comment

Hi
                              I download the image and i install it but nothing happen then
                              I install a different kernel and everything work fine.

One problem.
                              The display of the screen is little bigger from the edges of the screen. (1920x1080).
                              So the icons of the Bluetooth or the WiFi hardly show.
                              How I can change the resolution for little bit so anything can show in the edges of my TV.

Thank you.
                              Last edited by makis_best; 04-17-2015, 11:08.

Comment

Originally posted by makis_best View Post
                                Hi
                                I download the image and i install it but nothing happen then
                                I install a different kernel and everything work fine.

One problem.
                                The display of the screen is little bigger from the edges of the screen. (1920x1080).
                                So the icons of the Bluetooth or the WiFi hardly show.
                                How I can change the resolution for little bit so anything can show in the edges of my TV.

Thank you.
                                Go into Settings --Display--Screen Scale then use the provided controls to resize
                                the ok don't seem to do anything so just hit back on the remote

Comment

Working...
                                X