X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wasser View Post
    version 1.0.3

- T-R42-V3.5 and old revision support
    One question, the old revision supported, we are talking for which version? v1 or v2?

Comment

Originally posted by mariosm1cy View Post
      One question, the old revision supported, we are talking for which version? v1 or v2?
      It definitely works well with v1. Someone with a v2 will have to speak up if it's not been covered in past replies.

Bill

Comment

Overclocked kernels for you to try!

Since a few people asked for OC kernels, I decided to create two 7zip packages for you guys to download and try. They contain modified OC kernels based on wasser’s kitkat 1.0.3 release using a customized version of phjanderson's rkpatchomatic tool (refer to this thread for the custom rkpatchomatic perl script) to create OC combinations.

I created one 7zip for old (boards v1.0, v1.1) and another one for new (board v2.0) so to avoid any confusion. Flashing tool (RKDevelopTool) and instructions are provided in the packages. If anything goes wrong, you should always be able to re-flash the original 1.0.3 firmware from wasser. Not necessary to say: use at your own risk!

I haven’t tried the “new” board kernels as I only have a v1.1 unit but they should work. I am currently running kernel-old_cpu1704h_gpustock_ddr720.img and it is very stable. It gives my unit a score a bit over 20000 in AnTuTu.

Here it goes:

- 1.0.3 OC kernels for Old boards: Wasser_Kitkat_1.03_FW_Old_Boards-OC_kernels.7z.zip
        - 1.0.3 OC kernels for New boards: Wasser_Kitkat_1.03_FW_New_Boards-OC_kernels.7z.zip

Note: I had to zip the 7zip packages becuase freaktab does not allow uploading *.7z files. You will have to unzip the chosen file first and then uncompress the 7zip file to use. I had to use 7zip because it does a much better job when there are several similar files (7zip = 3.8MB; zip = 138MB !)

Comment

Originally posted by JoKeRz View Post
          Since a few people asked for OC kernels, I decided to create two 7zip packages for you guys to download and try. They contain modified OC kernels based on wasser’s kitkat 1.0.3 release using a customized version of phjanderson's rkpatchomatic tool (refer to this thread for the custom rkpatchomatic perl script) to create OC combinations.

I created one 7zip for old (boards v1.0, v1.1) and another one for new (board v2.0) so to avoid any confusion. Flashing tool (RKDevelopTool) and instructions are provided in the packages. If anything goes wrong, you should always be able to re-flash the original 1.0.3 firmware from wasser. Not necessary to say: use at your own risk!

I haven’t tried the “new” board kernels as I only have a v1.1 unit but they should work. I am currently running kernel-old_cpu1704h_gpustock_ddr720.img and it is very stable. It gives my unit a score a bit over 20000 in AnTuTu.

Here it goes:

- 1.0.3 OC kernels for Old boards: [ATTACH]7006[/ATTACH]
          - 1.0.3 OC kernels for New boards: [ATTACH]7005[/ATTACH]

Note: I had to zip the 7zip packages becuase freaktab does not allow uploading *.7z files. You will have to unzip the chosen file first and then uncompress the 7zip file to use. I had to use 7zip because it does a much better job when there are several similar files (7zip = 3.8MB; zip = 138MB !)

I can confirm that the same kernel works with my v1. Same AnTuTu number as well.
          Video seems to be a bit jumpy in XBMC on occasion. Not sure yet if this is kernel related or what.

Other than trial/error... any method on choosing an OC'd kernel?

Thanks
          Bill

Comment

OC Kernel

Here it goes:

- 1.0.3 OC kernels for Old boards: [ATTACH]7006[/ATTACH]
            - 1.0.3 OC kernels for New boards: [ATTACH]7005[/ATTACH]

Great Thanks JoKeRz,
            I am running your "kernel-new_cpu1704h_gpu798h_ddr720.img", it is very stable. I get above 2200 in in AnTuTu.
            All kernels with cpu1704h and cpu1920h didnt work and cause bootloops. Is this fault from the device or Kernel?
            My Device: T-R42 v2 KK Wasser 1.0.3

Comment

Re: UPDATE - T-R42 - wasser firmware - Kikat Android 4.4.2

Originally posted by Alec86 View Post
              Great Thanks JoKeRz,
              I am running your "kernel-new_cpu1704h_gpu798h_ddr720.img", it is very stable. I get above 2200 in in AnTuTu.
              All kernels with cpu1704h and cpu1920h didnt work and cause bootloops. Is this fault from the device or Kernel?
              My Device: T-R42 v2 KK Wasser 1.0.3
              Its the device, the silicone chip couldn't handle it. Most device only can take up to 1700, but rarely 1900.

Comment

Want to report: After installation this firmware on board v.3.2 box is loading very long about 10 minutes.
                Also there are litlle lags in interface. Who know how to resolve problem with long boot time..
                Last edited by BURJUY; 07-10-2014, 09:45.
                My Device: Tronsmart Vega S89-H [ROM] leolas 1.1.0

Comment

Re: UPDATE - T-R42 - wasser firmware - Kikat Android 4.4.2

From personal experience, many stock power supplies becomes unstable when trying to achieve Rockchip's rated 1.8GHz.

Upgrading the stock 2 amp power supply in excess of 3 amps provides clean and stable power for the Rockchip SOC and attached peripherals.

While clock speeds are dynamic, based on system load, heat dissipation will become an issue during prolonged high system loads.

Greater system performance and stability can be achieved by dynamically running the CPU up to 1.7GHz, GPU up to 800MHz and overclocking the shared system RAM to 800MHz / DDR1600 with heatsinks.

Comment

Originally posted by rceccleston View Post
                    From personal experience, many stock power supplies becomes unstable when trying to achieve Rockchip's rated 1.8GHz.

Upgrading the stock 2 amp power supply in excess of 3 amps provides clean and stable power for the Rockchip SOC and attached peripherals.

While clock speeds are dynamic, based on system load, heat dissipation will become an issue during prolonged high system loads.

Greater system performance and stability can be achieved by dynamically running the CPU up to 1.7GHz, GPU up to 800MHz and overclocking the shared system RAM to 800MHz / DDR1600 with heatsinks.
                    Thanks for the tip on the power supply, rceccleston. I always suspected when you have several devices plugged to the USB port you would drain a lot of current plus also OC'ing the SoC will. I just hadn't seen anyone think the same way. I will look for a 3A power adaptor as well as a small mod (maybe add heatsink compound between RK3188 and MALI and the heatsink pre-assembled on the top case) to help cool it down and try 1.8GHz. I will also look into getting some heatsinks for the RAM chips.

I will post my results.

Comment

Originally posted by BURJUY View Post
                      Want to report: After installation this firmware on board v.3.2 box is loading very long about 10 minutes.
                      Also there are litlle lags in interface. Who know how to resolve problem with long boot time..
                      I hope wasser comes back soon to the forums and can see this request.

Based on past "box support requests", he will probably need you to collect dumps of GPIO and dmesg to help troubleshoot the problem. To be able to collect gpio, you need to install a module as explained here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...n-more-devices

Once you have the module loaded, you can run the following to create a text file in your sdcard that you can post here for wasser to take a look (again, assuming he will be willing to add support to v3.2)
                      Code:
                      gpio dump gpio > /sdcard/dmesg_gpio.log
                      dmesg >> /sdcard/dmesg_gpio.log
                      You will also need to report what is working and what is not. We already know about the slownes, but does Ethernet work? How about BT and WIFI?
                      If BT or WIFI do not work, you will need to get gpio+dmesg dumps before and after you turn on each of them so wasser can identify the gpio port used to turn on/off BT and WIFI.

Lastly, sometimes it helps to look at a stock firmware to get some detail / files (some pre-compiled modules). So you can provide here a link to a good stock firmware for v3.2.

Comment

I hope wasser comes back soon to the forums and can see this request.

Based on past "box support requests", he will probably need you to collect dumps of GPIO and dmesg to help troubleshoot the problem.

You will also need to report what is working and what is not. We already know about the slownes, but does Ethernet work? How about BT and WIFI?
                        If BT or WIFI do not work, you will need to get gpio+dmesg dumps before and after you turn on each of them so wasser can identify the gpio port used to turn on/off BT and WIFI.

Lastly, sometimes it helps to look at a stock firmware to get some detail / files (some pre-compiled modules). So you can provide here a link to a good stock firmware for v3.2.
                        Stock firmware for v3.2 sent by geekbuying: https://mega.co.nz/#!0kgiQQSI!BOooYN...TozGZwOjVyaCxs
                        Password is geekbuying.com

I will install once again wasser's FW and will report about wi-fi and BT. Also will try to do dumps of GPIO and dmesg.

But i think its easy way to patch stock kernel, debloat and add tweaks

Comment

Originally posted by BURJUY View Post
                          Stock firmware for v3.2 sent by geekbuying: https://mega.co.nz/#!0kgiQQSI!BOooYN...TozGZwOjVyaCxs
                          Password is geekbuying.com

I will install once again wasser's FW and will report about wi-fi and BT. Also will try to do dumps of GPIO and dmesg.

But i think its easy way to patch stock kernel, debloat and add tweaks
                          Just keep in mind the dmesg and GPIO dumps need to be done using a working (=stock, in your case) kernel. Before installing wasser again, I suggest you already get the dumps for all off, wifi only on, bt only on.

And regarding creating your own modifications from a stock firmware, I agree it is not too hard to do. Genon has done that for board v1.1 and I was using his ROM with some extra modifications on my own until not a long ago (see this thread). If you do want to go that route, I recommend you:

1) grab Genon's room just to see what modifications were done. You can used one of the various tools available to unpack boot.img and system.img (this one you need to mount as it is an ext4 image) and do folder & file compare to see the modifications (add support to init.d; custom build.properties; extra executables, kernel modules, etc.). After you modify your version of boot.img and system.img, re-pack it into the firmware (or install the separate files using RKDevelopTool).

2) With your stock kernel, use phjanderson's rkpatchomatic tool to create overclocked combinations (thread here). Try one that has 1704MHz CPU speed and see if it is stable.

3) Modify boot animation, sounds, etc. to your like. You can also go fancier and make mods to framework.apk for different images, mouse cursor, etc. Also you can modify Settings.apk to add more menu items that link to apk's, etc. Note that the apk modifications I mentioned here are done by modifying text files from the stock apk (zip) file and re-adding them into the zip package.

Comment

1.0.4 wasser firmware released

Hi All,

1.0.4 wasser firmware is released. Please take a look at the first post to get more infos.

Enjoy!

wasser
                            http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                              Hi All,
                              1.0.4 wasser firmware is released. Please take a look at the first post to get more infos.
                              Enjoy!
                              wasser
                              Hi wasser thankz for update. Does your firmware will work on v.3.2 hardware?

Comment

Thank you Wasser.
                                Well done.
                                Downloading to test in my 3.2 MB

Comment

Working...
                                X