NEW - Minix X5 - Finless 1.3 custom ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bob for 1.3

Very strange about same Antutu score with OC kernel or stock Kernel ?!?

Comment

roolpool, also for the 1080p version?
      You should compare non OC 1080p with OC 1080p....

Comment

Originally posted by menno2000 View Post
        roolpool, also for the 1080p version?
        You should compare non OC 1080p with OC 1080p....
        Sure... 1080p stock hit a better score tha n Oc 1080p !?! So strange...

Comment

Originally posted by pajopasa View Post
          I'm wondering if this ROM will work with minix x5 Mini also????
          I've tried it but it doesn't work with minix x5 mini

Comment

Thumb up

Hello Bob,

Many thanks for your initiative. Coming back to the X5 is just so an incredible positive attitude from you.
            I know why I keep coming back to your website.

My 2 X5 where taking dust. I am so disappointed with these boxes. I am far more happy with my Ouya.
            I am a plex and XBMC user.

Nevertheless, I will install your rom and give a last chance to the X5. Micro stuttering is what is getting me crazy. I see them in movies and games. I'll try an OC kernel (many thanks for that) in 720p and no airpin on one of the box and with airpin on the other box. I'll report back when I'll be ready. It will take some time since I am on other projects too.

With all your experience, which box(es) would you recommend for XBMC and trouble free experience?

Many thanks again,

T.

B.T.W: How can I make a donation?

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              Hey all! LONG TIME no see.

OK thanks for your donation... Here is my latest X5 ROM.
              Enjoy!

ROM -> Minix Neo X5 Finless 1.3 ROM including OC and 1080 kernels (335 megs)

Again folks... Enjoy my "refresh" of your product!

Bob
              Hi BoB, done all D&D --- Download & Donation Thanks to let X5 up to date!
              I've the same curiosity of friend "dechargeur": looking at your experience which is the best Android TV Box for XBMC ?
              bye
              GiG

Comment

Can You Point To Kernel Sources?

Finless,

I just installed via some CWM zip files. So far, pretty great. Thanks. But it seems the kernel version is up from 3.0.8+ to 3.0.36+. So I have to recompile my USB->Serial .ko files. To do this I think I need the kernel sources that were used. Can you point me at this? At least the official kernel sources - I don't really think I need the ones you may have diddled. Perhaps here? Thanks

Comment

Is this rom compatible with the neo G4?

Comment

Re : NEW - Minix X5 - Finless 1.3 custom ROM

Originally posted by EGM92 View Post
                    Is this rom compatible with the neo G4?
                    No, it's not compatible with the G4 or the X5 mini. Only the X5.

Comment

Originally posted by davidw View Post
                      Finless,

I just installed via some CWM zip files. So far, pretty great. Thanks. But it seems the kernel version is up from 3.0.8+ to 3.0.36+. So I have to recompile my USB->Serial .ko files. To do this I think I need the kernel sources that were used. Can you point me at this? At least the official kernel sources - I don't really think I need the ones you may have diddled. Perhaps here? Thanks
                      Sorry, but I think Bob said that he didn't compile the kernel from sources. But I think you can just go with the sources you linked.

Comment

i have question/problem. after installing Finless's rom, i tryed to install minix's "XBMC for MINIX" from official download site. but, after installation, there is error "this is only for MINIX devices". so, i have minix device, but application doesn't see it as minix.

what to do, how to ger running XBMC with minix x5 (normal) and custom rom.

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by vikidroid View Post
                          i have question/problem. after installing Finless's rom, i tryed to install minix's "XBMC for MINIX" from official download site. but, after installation, there is error "this is only for MINIX devices". so, i have minix device, but application doesn't see it as minix.

what to do, how to ger running XBMC with minix x5 (normal) and custom rom.

thanks!
                          Read the first post of this thread and you'll find the answer.

Comment

hi petrus,
                            if you're reffering to point "2" and changing bulid.prop that is thing i'm aware. but i tough that there is some other possibility. just that. ok, if this is only way to start XMBC to run, than, let's change bulid.prop!

thx!

viki

Comment

Originally posted by vikidroid View Post
                              hi petrus,
                              if you're reffering to point "2" and changing bulid.prop that is thing i'm aware. but i tough that there is some other possibility. just that. ok, if this is only way to start XMBC to run, than, let's change bulid.prop!

thx!

viki
                              Yes, i think that's the only way. There may be other ways, but i don't know them.

Comment

eh, that is what i want to know - are there some other ways. this was my first guess and that way works. but, maybe...

Comment

Working...
                                X