JXD Game Pad 3 - S7800B - RileyROM 1.2 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JXD Game Pad 3 - S7800B - RileyROM 1.2 KitKat

This ROM is based on a JXD update that was kind of submitted 3rd or 4th hand. The firmware is dated 3/13/14 and features Android 4.4.2, KitKat.

I've flashed my tablet with this ROM and is has all of the nice features of KitKat. We may have lost some of the game apps that came with the previous firmware, but there are plenty of emulator apps in their place...and full access to Google Play Store.

You will notice that JXD has removed the bottom navigation bar, to entice you to use the external buttons (there's a learning curve with that for me).

It runs really smooth. Wifi is improved. I haven't tested Bluetooth.

My son is now currently testing the gaming features, so I MAY get the tablet back for more testing someday...

Since this is a KitKat ROM, you must flash the loader in the flash tool. It's checked by default. If you decide to go back to the Jellybean ROM (I couldn't imagine why)...first erase IDB from THIS ROM kit...then open the Jellybean and flash...BE SURE TO CHECK THE LOADER or you will brick your tablet. Consider yourself warned!!!!!!!!!! That way I have the right to give you shit for not following these SIMPLE instructions when you ask me for help to unbrick your device.

This ROM is somewhat debloated. I left more in than usual, just because it's a gaming machine and should have some bells and whistles to start out with.

Also:

Rooted
    Init.D Support
    Busybox commands added
    English Default
    2. 4. 6, 8 or 12gb user app space (4gb default) using the desired parameter file
    TWRP Recovery (installed after the first boot to allow stock recovery to format everything)Thanks to FT Developer Abdul_PT.
    Auto Install apk files from external SD on first boot. Just add the apk files to a folder on external SD called autoinstall...delete all spaces from the apk file names.
    Boot Animation by Tattman65
    Reboot App by Petrus
    v1.2.1 contains Tincore Keymapper by FT Developer Tincore
    First Time User's Guide with all installation instructions and tips

This is now v1.2.1. There is a more aggressive debloat, spoofing as a Samsung device to open more Play Store apps, and Tincore Keymapper.

Download

If you want less aggressive debloat, more of the stock apps were left into a new 1.2.2 version.

Download

Enjoy!!!!!!

Please buy be a beer if you like the ROM...my donate link is always in my signature.
    Last edited by rrileypm; 05-05-2014, 00:12.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Initial reports from my son Jackson are:

Screen is prettier
    Keyboard is better
    External buttons are better assigned
    Less lag in game play
    No crashes so far
    He prefers Apex Launcher with Stealth theme

Still trying out the emulators.
    Randy
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Wow man this is AWESOME !

Thanks a LOT!! can't wait to receive mine!! i have to wait about 1 week

You can tell to your son he have the best dad ever

Thanks for your hard work !

Comment

Best browser to use for downloading is Opera.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Donate here

Comment

thought i will download and write here feedback, but after intalliation i'm stuck on JXD Logo. Trying to unbrick my tablet now...installiation went ok there was no errors...

Ok so i did reset, then i booted tablet, first time was very laggy so i did reboot, seem working fine now, will test it more now. And i think u know that TWRP still impossible to use it, so why u not leave cwm for now (just quostion) , becouse if u need to do something with recovery i need to install cwm anyway as we know abdul still trying to make a working build. And now he gave me image to test, so i hope we will have working twrp ! Thanx for your work Randy, and like i sad jxd must realise soon more updates becouse in this one still is some bugs..
          JXD 7800B KirKat. TeamWin Recovery.

Buy me some pot....

Comment

Yeah, I thought it was a glitch on my end, but on first boot it hung on the kernel logo. I pressed reset with a paperclip and it went ahead and booted all the way. The first boot takes a while...but I haven't noticed a lag problem on mine.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

TWRP for the JXD works same way than on others rk31 tablets, refresh issues.
              The problem is that JXD as a resolution of 800x1280 and a different pixel format than most of the others rk31 tablets.

tapatalked
              if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
              then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
              $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

That may be problem. I forgot to use the portrait version. Its pretty easy to flash, though. I will try to fix that tomorrow.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

tried this rom and it is limited to core 1.4ghz, 1.6ghz can unlock it, because at that speed I worked perfect.

Comment

i needed to reinstall your rom and now i got stuck in recovery, tryed reset , in twrp when i choose reboot to system its reboot to recovery again, any suggestions ?? tryed also several times reflash rom.
                    edit:
                    can't even install other firmwares.

after trying intall other firmware i cant even torn it on, black screen...

edit,

i figured out that there is something wrong with my usb cable.
                    Last edited by badbojus; 03-16-2014, 19:22.

Buy me some pot....

Comment

In the Pipo section there is a thread for getting out of recovery. It provides an misc.img file to flash using the flash tool.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                        In the Pipo section there is a thread for getting out of recovery. It provides an misc.img file to flash using the flash tool.
                        yep i got fixed, don't know realy what was wrong now ... but i'm lucky like allways.

Buy me some pot....

Comment

Evening all!

So I come to this site with my tail between my legs

I seem to have bricked my S7800 whilst trying out this new Rileyrom. Like an idiot I didnt make a note of what failed during the process. But all I notice now is that my device doesn't turn on at all. If I connect it to the PC and open up the Rom Flash Tool 137 included with the firmware it will only detect my device if i hold down the power button. If I let go then it disconnects. It will auto disconnect anyway after about 5 seconds.

If I open up rockchip batch tool (which ive used before to flash roms such as Webclaws or Tans Supercharged) and i hold down the power button, then the connected devices 1 box goes blue. Again, after about 10 seconds this goes off.

So this is as far as I can get and am not sure what to do. Can anyone advise or is this destined to become a somewhat expensive paperweight

Comment

Hey, sorry you bricked your device.

The good news is that you CAN revive it with a little work.

Read this thread. The instructions are in post #2 to unbrick. You may need to hold down the power button in the process. It involves removing the back of the tablet. I'm not sure how with this one, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...G-A-KITKAT-ROM!!!!!
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              Hey, sorry you bricked your device.

The good news is that you CAN revive it with a little work.

Read this thread. The instructions are in post #2 to unbrick. You may need to hold down the power button in the process. It involves removing the back of the tablet. I'm not sure how with this one, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...G-A-KITKAT-ROM!!!!!
                              Thanks for this. I gave it a shot but it didnt get me anywhere unfortunately. I made sure I had the right sheet for the NAND chip and it tells me to short 8 and9 and if I do this then in ROM Flash tool it does show up as RKAndroid MaskRom Rock USB Found. This allows me to erase NAND but thats all I can do. If I try to flash ROM, it still disconnects after about 10 seconds with this passage of information:

INFO: Start to run
                              INFO: Start to download boot
                              INFO: Download Boot OK
                              INFO: Start to test device
                              INFO: Test Device OK
                              INFO: Start to download IDB
                              ERROR: Download IDB Failed
                              ERROR: Run failed
                              Last edited by kristianity77; 03-18-2014, 06:26.

Comment

Working...
                              X