Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kernel mod for gamepad

As kindly asked by Randy,

Here are a set of modified kernels for your gamepad and rileyROM 1.2.x. These kernels can give a general performance boost:

kernel_cpu1704h_gpu600h STOCK_ddr_stock.zip
    kernel_cpu1704h1375v_gpu600h STOCK_ddr528.zip
    kernel_cpu1704h1375v_gpu600h STOCK_ddr_stock.zip
    kernel_cpu1704h_gpu600h STOCK_ddr528.zip

for reference: CPU max stock frequency was 1.6Ghz, now I've modded it to 1.7Ghz (with stock voltage or a little increase of 25mV to make it stable for not lucky gamepads..)

RAM max stock freq was 396Mhz, now I've modded it to a prudent 528Mhz (but I've included a couple of kernel with stock RAM freq if your ram are not flexilbe to higher freq).

to install the mod kernel:
    1 - connect the gamepad to the PC
    3 -extract the kernels from the zip archives (YOU NEED TO HAVE A KERNEL... .IMG)
    2 - open flash tool included in RileyRom
    3 - press power and volume + together until the device is recognized by the flash tool
    4 - leave selected ONLY the kernel on the list
    5 - select "..." on flash tool (at kernel row) and let's select one of my modded kernel (otherwise you can rename the mod kernel you want to flash as kernel.img and you need to overwrite existing kernel.img on /RileyRom subfolder on PC).
    6 - press flash button

NOTE: DO NOT SELECT "ERASE IDB". Kernel flashing procedure is very fast and after flashing is complete the gamepad will automatically switch on.
    If the mod kernel is not stable for your specific CPU/RAM try installing one of the other, if none of them is stable for you, you can always revert back to stock kernel.

NOTE2: Mali GPU overclock is usually a problem, so I decided to stay with stock freq/volt.
    I'll wait for any feedback!

enjoy!
    if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
      As kindly asked by Randy,

Here are a set of modified kernels for your gamepad and rileyROM 1.2.x. These kernels can give a general performance boost:

[ATTACH]5911[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH]5912[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH]5913[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH]5914[/ATTACH]

for reference: CPU max stock frequency was 1.6Ghz, now I've modded it to 1.7Ghz (with stock voltage or a little increase of 25mV to make it stable for not lucky gamepads..)

RAM max stock freq was 396Mhz, now I've modded it to a prudent 528Mhz (but I've included a couple of kernel with stock RAM freq if your ram are not flexilbe to higher freq).

to install the mod kernel:
      1 - connect the gamepad to the PC
      3 -extract the kernels from the zip archives (YOU NEED TO HAVE A KERNEL... .IMG)
      2 - open flash tool included in RileyRom
      3 - press power and volume + together until the device is recognized by the flash tool
      4 - leave selected ONLY the kernel on the list
      5 - select "..." on flash tool (at kernel row) and let's select one of my modded kernel (otherwise you can rename the mod kernel you want to flash as kernel.img and you need to overwrite existing kernel.img on /RileyRom subfolder on PC).
      6 - press flash button

NOTE: DO NOT SELECT "ERASE IDB". Kernel flashing procedure is very fast and after flashing is complete the gamepad will automatically switch on.
      If the mod kernel is not stable for your specific CPU/RAM try installing one of the other, if none of them is stable for you, you can always revert back to stock kernel.

NOTE2: Mali GPU overclock is usually a problem, so I decided to stay with stock freq/volt.
      I'll wait for any feedback!

enjoy!
      Hello, will give feedback later today I also have to test some kernels Abdul_pt made... on JB 1.7 Ghz kernel gives very fast battery dry thats why everybody using 1.6 on this device. I also tryed 1.8 Ghz JB Kernel it runs smooth and fast but u know this device not Tv box, or stick wee need to have it portable still

I'll give u feedback about these also

----------------------------------------------------------------------

finally flashed again KitKat, and tested these kernels.
      No one kernel working, after flashing jxd logo shows and hangs need to do reset, and one thing more what is strange that stock kernel is 4 mb size and yours 11mb.
      Last edited by badbojus; 03-29-2014, 15:22.
      JXD 7800B KirKat. TeamWin Recovery.

Buy me some pot....

Comment

As far as I've seen 1.8Ghz is not a good freq for 3188 CPU... The best trade off between performance and battery duration is 1.7Ghz (that is the frequency I'm currently using on my tablet Pipo M6pro).

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
          As far as I've seen 1.8Ghz is not a good freq for 3188 CPU... The best trade off between performance and battery duration is 1.7Ghz (that is the frequency I'm currently using on my tablet Pipo M6pro).
          i also think that 1.7 is best for this chip. How about these kernels, why i got black screen ?

Buy me some pot....

Comment

Originally posted by badbojus View Post
            i also think that 1.7 is best for this chip. How about these kernels, why i got black screen ?
            For all the same results?
            If yes, probably the CPU set to [email protected] is not enough to get it stable...strange...

let me know!

Comment

Didn't you mention this might be an RK3188T chip? Are you able to unlock the the kernel for OC?
              Randy
              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
              Read my BIO Here
              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
              Donate here

Comment

i have rk3188 unit, all oc kernels on JB working, with supercharged rom.

Buy me some pot....

Comment

Thanks a lot, everything went well during install, i just had to manually reboot.

Some suggestion:

-The boot screen is IMO ugly, i'll change it by something clean, and simple
                  -Navigation bar should be enabled by default

I don't need OC kernel, i prefer to have a long battery life, the power of the s7800b is strong enough

Again, thanks a lot Riley for your work!

The rom is stable, no bugs so far

PS: I had to install Windows 7, since i wasn't able to flash in Windows 8.1

Comment

yes but where is the point to have 1,4 ghz when with 1,6 ghz we can have much faster and same battery using device.... rk3188 should run on 1,6 i know just this

BTW; i made bootanimation, maybe someone will use it.

Last edited by badbojus; 03-30-2014, 22:04. Reason: bootanimation.

Buy me some pot....

Comment

Originally posted by fiuwe View Post
                      Hi all,
                      i'm trying to use tincore keymapper.
                      When I set all the buttons around they seems ok, but when I start to use them for gaming, I found that their position is reverted in a different angle.
                      I can see that enabling "Show touch" in developer option menu.

Any one can tell me how can I set tincore to use a different angle ? o.o

Thanks for any help...
                      I'm sorry,
                      can anyone help me with this ? ...

Comment

You can PM Tincore. Or post on his thread in the app developer section.

Randy
                        Randy
                        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                          You can PM Tincore. Or post on his thread in the app developer section.

Randy

oh ... ok ... however I found the solution in TK, reverting X/Y

@giouncino A question about your modded kernel, are they already overclocked to 1700 or they just allow to overclock to 1700 using apps such as SetCPU ? ...

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by fiuwe View Post
                            oh ... ok ... however I found the solution in TK, reverting X/Y

@giouncino A question about your modded kernel, are they already overclocked to 1700 or they just allow to overclock to 1700 using apps such as SetCPU ? ...

Thanks in advance
                            i have tested all kernels, after flashing them u getting black screen.

Buy me some pot....

Comment

So i take it there is still the issue then of this rom being 66hz? How are you all saying that emulators run fine when the screen is set to 66hz or has this somehow been changed? Its a MAJOR issue which cripples this device as far as emulation is concerned?

Comment

i have only tested asphalt 8 and it runs ok i dont play games sorry, i will test some emulator games.

Buy me some pot....

Comment

Working...
                                X