Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you flashing the loader?
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      Are you flashing the loader?
      Yes, im pretty much just going through the route of flashing RileyRom 1.2 as normal. Is that not the correct thing to do then from here?

EDIT:

Ignore me, first attempt this morning and its flashed so its now going through the process of installing RileyROM 1.2 so I believe all is good
      Last edited by kristianity77; 03-18-2014, 13:54.

Comment

You may have to reset after the flash tool finishes...wait about a minute if recovery doesn't pop up. Then power back on and you should be good to go.

Stock recovery will come on and format everything...then the system will boot.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Yeah its all worked fine. Im completely back into RileyRom 1.2 and all is working. Just so I'm clear then and dont make this cock up again. If I want to roll back to an IMG file from Tans or Webclaw say, whats the way to do it so that I dont brick my device again?

Would it be to connect device to PC, open up Finless Rom Flash Tool and then Erase NAND?

Will I then be able to switch to RKBatchTool to flash the other Firmware (as this is what I've used before with other firmwares)

Comment

Yes, that is the correct procedure...I don't know why you would want to do that...this ROM is pretty nice.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Donate here

Comment

Yes, that is the correct procedure...I don't know why you would want to do that...this ROM is pretty nice.
              I agree it looks really nice, alot better. But the issue is after trying it, is that the refresh rate of the screen for some reason is set to 66hz as opposed to 60hz (which was default for all other JXD firmwares previously). This messes with timings for all the emulators like EPSXE, SNES9xeX etc which need a 60hz screen to run without stutter. But I agree, it does look really nice and Im sure if JXD iron out the little hiccups Ill be straight back over to it.

EDIT:

Ahhh good god its bricked again! lol

I cannot get out of RileyRom 1.2 to anything older without bricking lol

I used the Finless rom tool to Erase NAND and it was a success. I then switched to RKbatchtool which gave me the green connected box so all was well. I picked a Webclaw firmware, and chose restore. It checked the device all fine, started doing the download and errored at 99%, rendering me back at square one.

Comment

Originally posted by kristianity77 View Post
                I agree it looks really nice, alot better. But the issue is after trying it, is that the refresh rate of the screen for some reason is set to 66hz as opposed to 60hz (which was default for all other JXD firmwares previously). This messes with timings for all the emulators like EPSXE, SNES9xeX etc which need a 60hz screen to run without stutter. But I agree, it does look really nice and Im sure if JXD iron out the little hiccups Ill be straight back over to it.

EDIT:

Ahhh good god its bricked again! lol

I cannot get out of RileyRom 1.2 to anything older without bricking lol

I used the Finless rom tool to Erase NAND and it was a success. I then switched to RKbatchtool which gave me the green connected box so all was well. I picked a Webclaw firmware, and chose restore. It checked the device all fine, started doing the download and errored at 99%, rendering me back at square one.
                for me was same ... so i just did all procedure again and it woked.
                JXD 7800B KirKat. TeamWin Recovery.

Buy me some pot....

Comment

You're playing with fire, if you go back and forth between KitKat and Jellybean. Just sayin ....
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

You're playing with fire, if you go back and forth between KitKat and Jellybean. Just sayin ....
                    Yeah now it really isnt working. Its coming up with the Maskrom part everytime (even without shorting) but its not allowing me to do anything apart Erase NAND. This device is knackered

Comment

Originally posted by kristianity77 View Post
                      Yeah now it really isnt working. Its coming up with the Maskrom part everytime (even without shorting) but its not allowing me to do anything apart Erase NAND. This device is knackered
                      did u push reset button ? push it when u plug usb to pc..

Buy me some pot....

Comment

Originally posted by badbojus View Post
                        did u push reset button ? push it when u plug usb to pc..
                        Yeah tried everything I can think of.

I can short the pins and it will allow me to erase NAND. Then if i push and hold the power button it will come up with the MASKROM mode but it only lasts for 5 seconds or so. Soon as i let go of the power button it disconnects. Or it will disconnect anyway after a few seconds of holding the button down.

EDIT: Right, seemingly at random its writing Rileyrom 1.2 again. Am I realistically stuck on Kitkat now then and cannot go back?

Comment

hmmmm, don't know, do u have sd ? tryed removed it ?

Buy me some pot....

Comment

It took me multiple attempts to get it...but I eventually was able to flash.
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

It took me multiple attempts to get it...but I eventually was able to flash.
                              Its failed again on trying to go back. Although this time I made a note of where. Im getting this on RKBatchtool:

Test Device Start
                              Test Device Success
                              Device Firmware Start (this then appears to download the firmware to the device, it gets all the way to 100%)
                              Layer 1-1-2 Download Firmware Fail
                              Restore Done success (0) Fail (1) Time 47331MS

And then then device is a brick again. Round and round in circles i go lol

Comment

Have you tried flashing the KitKat ROM again to see if you can get back to it?
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X